Cruise Line with Tall Man Showers on Alaska Route

Love22Step

I'm looking for an Alaska cruise, but on a recent Royal Caribbean cruise. I realized my husband, 6'3", would have to bend over to shower in the cabins. He hasn't had a problem on Carnival, and I don't remember low bathroom ceilings on Norwegian. Are their other cruise lines with low showers I need to steer clear of?

I'm looking for an Alaska cruise, but on a recent Royal Caribbean cruise. I realized my husband, 6'3", would have to bend over to shower in the cabins. He hasn't had a problem on Carnival, and I don't remember low bathroom ceilings on Norwegian. Are their other cruise lines with low showers I need to steer clear of?

I'm about the same height and don't have any troubles with showers on HAL or Princess.

The shower heads on our Princess cruise were not the hand held type. DH is taller than your husband and he did have to stoop to shampoo. He hasn't had the same problem on HAL ships. He does do better though in cabins with shower stalls rather than those where the shower is in a bath tub. The bathroom floor is step up from the cabin. The tub floor is higher than the bathroom floor. This adds up and can cause him problems.

He should be fine with the showers on HAL ships.

That's what I was thinking. I don't know HAL very well, but the separate standup shower I had in my Superior Suite on Nieuw Amsterdam was fabulous in the scale of cruise ship showers. I didn't have one in my Zuiderdam balcony room, so I'm not sure what ships and what classes of rooms have them.

There must not be consistency among Princess cabins then. Our last cabin definitely didn't have a hand held shower head. That was something I really missed having.

Same here. Standard balconies on Ruby and Caribbean did not have them.

Mr Chew is 6'4" and has never had a problem with the showers on Royal or HAL or Celebrity. I know he would like more head room in the showers, but it's never been an issue. (He would like more headroom everywhere ... )

However, last April we were on a 35-day cruise on Oceania Nautica, in a penthouse, and he could not stand up in the shower. (I am just under 5'6" and couldn't shampoo my hair without banging my arms on the ceiling)

We were told by our butler & by guest services that he could "just" go back & forth to the spa and use the shower there ... for 35 days, having to go back & forth once or twice a day with his kit ... no thanks.

He just decided to make the best of it ... and he did ... no complaining ... and very quick showers! ... but the odds of us ever sailing with Oceania again are very slim!

Same here. Standard balconies on Ruby and Caribbean did not have them.

I agree. Inside cabins on Star, Golden and Grand and we've never had a hand-held shower head. Maybe they have them in full suites, but I'm never likely to find out.