Thank You Verizon

d-lite-n-cruisin

Just bought my 5 $100 gift cards for Carnival from Verizon with points for $450. The $50 davings pays for our FTTF for our cruise in 25 days. I love free money and cruising! Wouldn't of known about it had it not been for CruiseCritic. Thank you everyone for the information and all the other questions you answer for all of us!!:D

Absolutely did! And bought with Carnival MC so I get those points too.:D

Did you get the double points for using your Carnival MC or just standard points? I think my husband said it would go through as a Verizon charge and not a Carnival charge. Just wondering. :)

Just bought my 5 $100 gift cards for Carnival from Verizon with points for $450. The $50 davings pays for our FTTF for our cruise in 25 days. I love free money and cruising! Wouldn't of known about it had it not been for CruiseCritic. Thank you everyone for the information and all the other questions you answer for all of us!!:D

Thank you!! I purchased a $500 gift card for $450. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't read your post!!!! 32 more days ......

Sent from my Iphone 4 using Tapatalk

Awesome!!! Free FTTF wahoo... great for you

Happy Sailing

I just signed up today for the Verizon Rewards Program so I only have 100 points for signing up. Since we don't sail until Dec. 2014, I hope I'll be able to add a few more to take advantage of this. Thanks for telling me about it. Too bad I didn't act when this was first posted. I will be checking back for more information on how others are gathering such high number of points.

Thanks for the idea... I just purchased eGift cards to cover on board expenses on my cruise this weekend. 10% is 10%...

I checked the Carnival page before buying and it clearly states that the eGift cards can be applied to you sign and sail account to cover on board expenses..

I just signed up today for the Verizon Rewards Program so I only have 100 points for signing up. Since we don't sail until Dec. 2014, I hope I'll be able to add a few more to take advantage of this. Thanks for telling me about it. Too bad I didn't act when this was first posted. I will be checking back for more information on how others are gathering such high number of points.

Hiya Calamity Jane, you can get points for using paperless invoicing, auto paying your bill on line, checking your account, etc. I just used 10,000 points to get $1,000 in E Gift Cards for $900. Still have 23,000 points left, only with Verizon for 2 yrs.

OOPS, I realized it was Verizon Wireless I should have signed up for. I just signed up for that also and that shows I have 53,460 points already. Wow, thanks for the info.

Hiya Calamity Jane, you can get points for using paperless invoicing, auto paying your bill on line, checking your account, etc. I just used 10,000 points to get $1,000 in E Gift Cards for $900. Still have 23,000 points left, only with Verizon for 2 yrs.

Thanks, eveandbob for the tips. I signed up for Verizon Wireless points and I have 53,460. Yahoo. What a great discovery.

How long does it take for you to get the gift cards once you order them?

If you order the ecards (those are the ones that don't expire), you get them sent to your inbox immediately. It is an electronic gift card, so you don't actually get anything in snail mail.

Ordered my first one today, to check it out - and had it applied towards my cruise balance within minutes. Super cool deal!!

I used 2 last week to pay for an excursion on our cruise next week. Card was available right away but would not register on Carnival's web site until the next morning. But It was quick and easy to use.

I bought enough to cover my expected S&S charges on our cruise, and enough to pay deposits for 4 people on a cruise next year that we will book on board. I should have enough points by the time the final payment is due to pay for the whole cruise at 10% off, then build up points again to pay for excursions plus S&S charges.

I looked at booking the trip through Verizon for a discount but the discount is less than 10% and not combinable with any other offers so I'm not sure how that would work with ES. Their booking system is kind of lame too. Better to get the 10% off of the Gift Cards and be able to use them with any other offers you can get.

Edited by Miller_KC

I used 2 last week to pay for an excursion on our cruise next week. Card was available right away but would not register on Carnival's web site until the next morning. But It was quick and easy to use.

I bought enough to cover my expected S&S charges on our cruise, and enough to pay deposits for 4 people on a cruise next year that we will book on board. I should have enough points by the time the final payment is due to pay for the whole cruise at 10% off, then build up points again to pay for excursions plus S&S charges.

I looked at booking the trip through Verizon for a discount but the discount is less than 10% and not combinable with any other offers so I'm not sure how that would work with ES. Their booking system is kind of lame too. Better to get the 10% off of the Gift Cards and be able to use them with any other offers you can get.

We cruise on Sept. 27. If I buy the ecards, can they be applied as obc to use on my cruise toward on board expenses? Do you know once I buy, how soon they are available to apply? Thanks for any help!!

We cruise on Sept. 27. If I buy the ecards, can they be applied as obc to use on my cruise toward on board expenses? Do you know once I buy, how soon they are available to apply? Thanks for any help!!

They arrive in your e-mail. Print and bring along. Take them to the guest services desk and have them applied once on board. And you are all set!

Verizon's Smart Rewards program has been criticized for being a violation of your privacy. I just thought that people considering the program should be aware of this. There are plenty of articles out there about that. Here is one from Time that states:

..."it’s especially invasive, allowing the bots to track members’ locations, web browsing history, and app usage, among other things."

http://time.com/money/3025429/verizon-smart-rewards-loyalty-programs-retail/

Personally, I don't think it is worth it. Basically, you are exchanging your personal information for the rewards, and the end product benefits Verizon more than it does you. Just my 2 cents.

Verizon's Smart Rewards program has been criticized for being a violation of your privacy. I just thought that people considering the program should be aware of this. There are plenty of articles out there about that. Here is one from Time that states:

..."it’s especially invasive, allowing the bots to track members’ locations, web browsing history, and app usage, among other things."

http://time.com/money/3025429/verizon-smart-rewards-loyalty-programs-retail/

Personally, I don't think it is worth it. Basically, you are exchanging your personal information for the rewards, and the end product benefits Verizon more than it does you. Just my 2 cents.

Chances are you are already sharing that information, especially if you are using smart phone. Verizon is doing nothing different than Google. Using your browsing history and location for targeted marketing. At least verizon is giving you something in return for that information, lol.

Not to mention, you can opt out of that part of the program if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Forums mobile app