Disemarkation tags?

twroths

I just printed off my luggage tags for an upcoming cruise. I just noticed that there is a small notation "DO NOT REMOVE This label is for embarkation and disembarkation"

Sort of confused. I have been on a number of Cunard voyages and have always gotten colored/numbered tags a couple of days before the end of the cruise. Has this changed?

Thanks! Tom

Yes, it has changed. You leave your embarkation tags on your bags and they are now used to organize luggage collection on the last night. The only exception are Cunard sponsored post-voyage transfers where you will be given luggage tags coded for that particular group.

Yes, it has changed. You leave your embarkation tags on your bags and they are now used to organize luggage collection on the last night. The only exception are Cunard sponsored post-voyage transfers where you will be given luggage tags coded for that particular group.

Not necessarily. The Grills get a different set of luggage tags as do as do groups of passengers with different onward travel arrangements, whether Cunard arranged or not.

On QM2 last month I was instructed to keep my PG tags on my bags. Either which way, the OP should keep his tags unless instructed to use something else.

In agree, until told otherwise, which we were.

Edited by Victoria2

Cunard tell passengers to leave the boarding tags on when disembarking, I got off in Southampton last Tuesday and one of my bags was missing from the yellow tagged area. Upon enquiry with the baggage lady it was located in the deck 4 section ( I didn't know such a section existed) and she said that the baggage handlers in Southampton preferred the disembarkation tag to be the only one left on the bag as it saves confusion. I'm none the wiser but thought I should share their view. It's a bit right hand left hand I think.

Just to clarify; We are to leave BOTH sets of Luggage Labels on for disembarkation.

The ORIGINAL EmbarkationTags ( which most of us will have printed off )

And

The COLOUR CODED Tags that are sent to our staterooms ( usually a day or so before disembarkation.

The Rational;

Our original Labels (the ones we have printed off) are a means of 'extra security' should a bag either be 'left behind' or is mixed up in the cruise terminal on the busy morning of disembarkation.

Those original Luggage Labels serve as a means of extra identification for the shore side 'Cunard Personnel' who manage the baggage hall on the day. (Baggage handlers are only agents) For example, our name is clearly printed including booking ref number, voyage number and date of travel.

The Colour coded tags are only a means of grouping and easy identification for our collection in the baggage hall. More often than not some guests don't bother or forget to fill in the details on the reverse side of the coloured tag.

To be on the safe side and for peace of mind, leave both sets of labels on. ;)

Just to clarify; We are to leave BOTH sets of Luggage Labels on for disembarkation.

The ORIGINAL EmbarkationTags ( which most of us will have printed off )

And

The COLOUR CODED Tags that are sent to our staterooms ( usually a day or so before disembarkation.

You must be either Diamond level or Queens Grill then. Since the new type of labels came into force, the embarkation label has to be left on for disembarkation and no other disembarkation tag given (I'm platinum and Britannia).

From our QM2 instruction leaflet last month:

Diamond CWC: Yellow 1 tags

Queens Grill Q1-Q4: Light Blue 4 tags

Queens Grill Q5-Q6: Light Blue 2 tags

Princess Grills and Britannia: Embarkation tag

Yes I am Diamond, and previously ( up to February 2016) left the two types of luggage labels on.

The information you have supplied must have come into force in the last month since the new refit/remastering ?

How do you or others identify your luggage in the baggage Hall amongst the other thousand or so pieces of luggage, if they are not in some sort of coloured group?

There are ( or there certainly has been in the past) other additional coloured labels, e.g. Red,Green,Silver Amber etc for those guests who may have all sorts of pre booked Cunard/Air connections or transfers etc.:)

I removed my original boarding tags and placed the tags that came in my debarkation letter as informed to do so with the letter that arrived in my stateroom.

Just went to the Yellow area and collected by bag then through homeland security.

I always have my name and phone number on my baggage anyway.

I would have thought two labels may confuse things or the smaller label you are ask to attach may not be seen.

Edited by Pennbank

Not necessarily. The Grills get a different set of luggage tags as do as do groups of passengers with different onward travel arrangements, whether Cunard arranged or not.

diamond also get new disembarkation labels

You must be either Diamond level or Queens Grill then. Since the new type of labels came into force, the embarkation label has to be left on for disembarkation and no other disembarkation tag given (I'm platinum and Britannia).

From our QM2 instruction leaflet last month:

Diamond CWC: Yellow 1 tags

Queens Grill Q1-Q4: Light Blue 4 tags

Queens Grill Q5-Q6: Light Blue 2 tags

Princess Grills and Britannia: Embarkation tag

Great! :) I am Platinum for this cruise and thought I might get some priority, guess not :( But good to know. We will leave everything intact.