Just recieved notice that my May 2016 cruise will dock in Dublin instead of tendering

stipmom

When we sailed HAL there were shuttles going into town with stop close to Trinity College. I think the shuttle was free, not sure about it. It took about 20=25 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

We were in Dublin this July on a cruise. We took the shuttle into the centre and then took one of the HHHO buses. We have done these in loads of European cities, but the one in Dublin was the cheapest. I think we paid 5 Euros each, but it was also one of the best. It was a fairly long tour with a live commentary given by an extremely informative and amusing lady.

Afterwards we had lunch in a pub just off Grafton St where we got into conversation with a friendly couple from Kerry and enjoyed a good lunch.

• 4 weeks later...
Cruise ship will shuttle you to town. We did a hoho bus which took us near to many sights including Trinity College.

Did you hop off and tour Trinity College? I am wanting to see the Book of Kells, but am concerned that the lines may be too long and make me late returning to the ship.

Ann

Then use a taxi to town and back rather than the shuttle bus, there is little difference in price.

If the OP is on HAL, the shuttle to the area (just across the street) of Trinity College is free. So why might the OP use the taxi?

Edited by CruiserBruce

We were on the Celebrity Silhouette this past August and docked (originally were suppose to tender) Celebrity charged for their Shuttle.....We took a tax from the ship to the Trinity college area and it was 11 (whatever the currency was,lol) the first day, and like 13 or 14 the second day. We walked back to the ship both days, was a very easy 1 hour walk ( we took our time) There are hop on/off buses that go further up closer to the ship one can take (but not super close) The more popular buses seem to be the red and green ones. You can buy tickets online! The Dublin pass (bought online) comes in very handy as well

We docked MTL across from the main Dublin Passenger terminal. If thats your case then you will need to take the ship shuttle as taxis here were scarce.

Or do as I did, call an Uber. Five minutes later I was on my way to town, whilst the people on the shuttle bus were still waiting for it to leave.

We took a taxi to Trinity College for E15 each way including a tip. Princess offered a shuttle into Dublin for a fee.

I purchased our tickets in advance for Book of Kells. I would suggest going to Book of Kells first. The line can be very long if you have not purchased the ticket in advance.

The HOHO bus is around the corner from the entrance to Trinity College. I purchased the tickets in advance and saved.

Edited by phabric