ms Prinsendam Sail-Away November 24, 2015

Boytjie

After crossing the Atlantic, the Elegant Explorer sets sail at 16:00/4:00 PM EDT (subject to change as always, especially after a transatlantic with US inspections likely happening).

The webcams are at:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

25-day Amazon Explorer itinerary:

Nov 24 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Nov 25 At Sea

Nov 26 At Sea

Nov 27 St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.

Nov 28 Basse-Terre, Guadaloupe

Nov 29 Castries, Saint Lucia

Nov 29 Scenic Cruising Soufriere Bay

Nov 30 Bridgetown, Barbados

Dec 01 At Sea

Dec 02 Devils Island, French Guiana

Dec 03 At Sea

Dec 04 Cruising the Amazon River

Dec 04 Macapa, Brazil

Dec 04 Crossing the Equator

Dec 05 Santarem, Brazil

Dec 06 Boca da Valeria, Brazil

Dec 07 Manaus, Brazil

Dec 08 Manaus, Brazil

Dec 09 Parintins, Brazil

Dec 10 Alter Do Chao, Brazil

Dec 11 Crossing the Equator

Dec 11 Cruising the Amazon River

Dec 12 At Sea

Dec 13 At Sea

Dec 14 Scarborough, Trinidad and Tobago

Dec 15 At Sea

Dec 16 Willemstad, Curacao

Dec 17 At Sea

Dec 18 At Sea

Dec 19 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

S5X26F.jpg

Thanks Peter...

I usually try to watch them arrive but she is scheduled in at 0430 so I will pass this time.

Maybe we will luck out on weather this time as temp should be 75 degrees and rain is only at 22%. Fairly brisk winds out of the E at 15+ so there may be tug involved.

See y'all then...

Well, it's 26 and sunny here this morning, and I'm a small ship fan, so I hope to be here this afternoon.

That 25 day Amazon itinerary looks fabulous - anyone else have that on a wish list?

:D

I would love to do this cruise but sadly will probably not ever be able to. Looks like a fantastic trip!

Well, it's 26 and sunny here this morning, and I'm a small ship fan, so I hope to be here this afternoon.

That 25 day Amazon itinerary looks fabulous - anyone else have that on a wish list?

Fortunately, it's on my "done" list, one of the best cruises ever. I'd love to repeat but there are still too many on my wish list.

Roy

I want to do the 60+ day one that goes on the Amazon and all the way around South America. Too bad my money doesn't match my dreams!:D

We were scheduled to do that cruise in 2007. But she had to go into an emergency dry dock.

HAL moved us to the 2008 schedule. But we had to cancel because our yellow fever shots were up in January 2008. DH is no longer able to get the shot and at that time they said that we could get a doctor's letter explaining his problem and MAYBE the ship would allow us to do the itinerary. We didn't want to take the chance and then lose all that money.

We booked the Amazon cruise on the Prinsendam once, too, but had to cancel. I imagine it is terribly hot, and I'm not a great fan of heat, but it would be amazing, I'm sure. DH did go up the Amazon when he was working in the area, so he has never really pushed to go again. I think I have reached the stage where I would happily be on a ship anywhere, don't necessarily have to ever leave it!

I have to call the beauty parlour as soon as they open and see if I can get a haircut today, so, depending on what time get, I may or may not be here for sail away. DH has invited me out to dinner tonight for our 53rd anniversary. :) He has put up with me for a long time!