Just got cabin assignment, have question

CricketCruiser

Hello,

I purchased a guarantee balcony cabin about 3 weeks prior to 8/23 cruise on Getaway. I noticed today that my cabin assignment was showing up in my reservation - cabin #10314, it's an Aft lg. balcony. Considering I paid for an ocean view and got an upgrade, I think I did really well! The balcony looks amazing because of the clear glass. On our last cruise on the Constellation, we were in an Aft family type balcony with 2 rooms, but the balcony had solid material, so you had to stand up at the balcony to see the water. You couldn't just sit in a chair on the balcony and see the water. So, this will be really nice, I'm happy with our cabin assignment.

My question is this, our room looks a little smaller compared to other balcony cabins on the deck plans. Do they take space out of the room and then give it back to you on the balcony? Considering the small balconies on the Getaway, I think is this actually a good idea. It's a "B1". It also looks like the bed is closer to the balcony vs. having the desk/couch closer to the balcony, another perk in my opinion. I'm lov'n NCL so far!!

Does anyone have any comments regarding this aft balcony cabin and the regular balcony cabins? I appreciate your time.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/norwegian-getaway-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=651&deck=10

Remember, they can change your cabin again, and again, and again.

How often does this happen? Will they let us know or will it just show up in our cruise summary?

We also booked a BX for the first time on our upcoming Breakaway cruise so we are new to this... Thanks.

Don't let anyone rain on your parade. Once cabins are assigned it is very rare that they will reassign them. On the rare occasion it might happen it is almost always with an additional upgrade.

To the OP congrats on the wonderful upgrade...have a fantastic cruise enjoying your aft balcony!

Rochelle

How often does this happen? Will they let us know or will it just show up in our cruise summary?

We also booked a BX for the first time on our upcoming Breakaway cruise so we are new to this... Thanks.

Very rare.

I have done GTY on 7 cruises and have not been moved after initial assignment.

Don't let anyone rain on your parade. Once cabins are assigned it is very rare that they will reassign them. On the rare occasion it might happen it is almost always with an additional upgrade.

To the OP congrats on the wonderful upgrade...have a fantastic cruise enjoying your aft balcony!

Rochelle

Thanks Rochelle! Two days and a wake up...

Really? That makes me even more leery of booking a guarantee cabin.

Well, booking gty is for flexible people who can be satisfied with any cabin in booked category or higher. So, it suits some people, not others. While the cruiseline can move people with gty bookings, it seems to be pretty uncommon to be moved after you get an assignment.

Of course, stuff can happen that would result in a move. For example, sometimes a gty booking is assigned an accessible cabin in the final weeks before the cruise; if another passenger breaks a leg or something, the cruiseline can move the gty passenger to accomodate the unfortunate soul unexpectantly in need of the accessible cabin. I think we all would want that to happen.

But the cruiseline does not seem to go around assigning gty cabins then moving them over and over again willy-nilly.

But the cruiseline does not seem to go around assigning gty cabins then moving them over and over again willy-nilly.

Ugh, can you imagine the complaints? People complain when they finally do get their assignment, imagine, getting the assignment, complaining, getting another assignment and then having NCL change it! Oh the catastrophe... and long post to be read by us onlookers, LOL.

Ugh, can you imagine the complaints? People complain when they finally do get their assignment, imagine, getting the assignment, complaining, getting another assignment and then having NCL change it! Oh the catastrophe... and long post to be read by us onlookers, LOL.

LOL, yeah, imagine how people might react if the cabin number changed over and over ...musical cabins, except there is space for all in the end. I have done multiple NCL gty's, so far once assigned my cabin number has not changed, though I understand that it could happen sometime.