Does anyone else do a first and second dinner?

seaman11

I normally have breakfast at 9am then I eat WJ lunch 12pm then 2:30pm 2nd lunch park cafe roast beef and chips followed by first dinner wj at 5-6pm and dinner mdr 8-8:30pm then most days a 11pm room service or park cafe snack.

Edited by seaman11

No, not us:eek: We may graze in the afternoon but that only happens a few days on the ship. Good gravy, I would need a wheelbarrow to roll me off the ship!!!

Edited by Wilda

Well good for you!!! If that is what makes for a good vacation then have at it:D

It can be done if you space the meals out just right and eat every 2-3 hours. :D:D:D I must admit by day 7 im just not hungry and the menu gets boring and predictable but you get your moneys worth this way.

I think I would sink the ship if I ate like that......:eek: Heck, I think I just gained 5 lbs. just thinking about it. :p

Usually about the 3rd or 4th day, I say, "Do we have to eat again!!!!!!!" The more I eat, the more exercise I need. And I don't like to exercise while cruising. Except taking the stairs as much as I can and walking when we are at the ports.

More power to the people that can eat like that and not gain weight. My husband is one of them. :mad:

Enjoy.......

Gwen :)

I think I would sink the ship if I ate like that......:eek: Heck, I think I just gained 5 lbs. just thinking about it. :p

Usually about the 3rd or 4th day, I say, "Do we have to eat again!!!!!!!" The more I eat, the more exercise I need. And I don't like to exercise while cruising. Except taking the stairs as much as I can and walking when we are at the ports.

More power to the people that can eat like that and not gain weight. My husband is one of them. :mad:

Enjoy.......

Gwen :)

Oh I gain weight, the secret is to lose 5lb or so before the cruise i start 2 weeks out. I also get 2 to 3 workouts while on board.

I forgot to mention on port days Some I dont get off and the eating schedule remains but if i do i eat breakfast then lunch then leave and return for 2nd dinner and late snack.

Can you please "ball park" how much you weigh.....and do you exercise?

I am a 225lb weight lifter, I eat every 2 3 hours but its mostly protein. I cut down on refined carbs. I opt for fish chicken or beef with veggies most meals.

I am a 225lb weight lifter, I eat every 2 3 hours but its mostly protein. I cut down on refined carbs. I opt for fish chicken or beef with veggies most meals.

Well, that says it all! You NEED to be doing that! :cool:

Yes, I think we all miss the midnight buffet, except for those who have never been to one. :D

I normally have breakfast at 9am then I eat WJ lunch 12pm then 2:30pm 2nd lunch park cafe roast beef and chips followed by first dinner wj at 5-6pm and dinner mdr 8-8:30pm then most days a 11pm room service or park cafe snack.

It is good to know that some people (I am sure there are others and some on the cruises I am on) are EATING all the food that I don't, since I would never want it to go to waste.

In all honesty, I could never eat that much. I could eat a very lite meal every 2-3 hours but it would be very little, and very light.

However, it would seriously get in the way of other activities that I want to do....and I don't consider 'eating' an activity.

Just so you know, my day on board a ship, starts at 7am (with a visit to the gym), and I could not keep that eating regimen.

Edited by Paulette3028

Just so you know, my day on board a ship, starts at 7am (with a visit to the gym), and I could not keep that eating regimen.

Same here, I am in the gym on the ship every morning by 6 am. There is no way I could eat that much and not gain weight! I normally eat a small breakfast in the WJ, just take snacks (pretzels or FF Pringles) to the beach to snack on, and then eat dinner - salad, veggies. I rarely eat meat and then if I do only chicken. Only dessert I allow myself are the Sugar Free Peanut Butter cookies. I am just not that big of an eater and I work hard to stay slim, going on a cruise doesn't change that.

No, but I definitely eat more than on land. I'm nota breakfast eater at all on land- but on cruises I suddenly am famished and have to have it.

I do find I drink about 10 times my weight daily, and not in water, underway. ;-) That's probably the biggest change from "real life" for me.

Oh, and you 6 am gym people are the ones I hear walking past my cabin just as I'm settling in to sleep I guess. ;-) Gym and vacay do not go together in my world!

lol great posts. I had to get a few work outs in just to keep on my eating schedule. :p

DH and I always thought we were bad as on sea days all we seem to do is get up have breaky, go back to our cabin have a nap, get up have lunch, back to cabin for nap, get up and get ready for tea eat tea go to the nightly show and yes you guessed it go to bed. In my defence in the real world I am a night shift worker (and DH has just moved over to nights to) so when we are on cruises we (Me at least) am always sleep deprived

Cheryl:D

I wish they had a midnight buffet still :o

Only midnight food is at the park cafe in the solarium. I always bring cookies and chips back to my room at lunch, to stock up. Sometimes i order two desserts and bring one back, run up and get a chai tea

Edited by palofmine

Only midnight food is at the park cafe in the solarium. I always bring cookies and chips back to my room at lunch, to stock up. Sometimes i order two desserts and bring one back, run up and get a chai tea

I do that as well at times. It does get a boring with the hotdogs and frozen type pizza and fake cheese nachos late nights. So I order room service at around 11pm or so and I get it around 12am at no extra charge. ;)

Hmm ... are you a hobbit? ;)

You have a Park Cafe snack at 11pm even though they close at 6pm?