Does anyone else do a first and second dinner?

seaman11

I REALLY didn't want to post on this thread, but here is a post :rolleyes:

There are TWO "kinds" of Park Cafés:

ONE: on Oasis & Allure - it closes at 7 P.M.

TWO: on other ships, where the PC has been added - it is open until 2 A.M.-ish.

On our last cruise we were served two dinners every night in the MDR. On the first day we asked if there was going to be curry at all. The head waiter said yes but the next night there wasn't any curry on the menu. We thought he misunderstood us but then a whole meal of curry was served after we ate whatever we chose from the menu. And so it went every night: we'd have our dinner and then be served another dinner of curry. We could barely stand the sight of food by the end!

First time I ever had fish curry!

I normally have breakfast at 9am then I eat WJ lunch 12pm then 2:30pm 2nd lunch park cafe roast beef and chips followed by first dinner wj at 5-6pm and dinner mdr 8-8:30pm then most days a 11pm room service or park cafe snack.

You sound like my hubby. He is fit and trim but eats like a horse. You could definitely be best buds in your eating habits!!

I applaud you.

I gained 5 pounds and got nauseated just reading OP's eating schedule but you certainly do get your money's worth. All the more power to you.

Enjoy. :eek:

Edited by sail7seas

I normally have breakfast at 9am then I eat WJ lunch 12pm then 2:30pm 2nd lunch park cafe roast beef and chips followed by first dinner wj at 5-6pm and dinner mdr 8-8:30pm then most days a 11pm room service or park cafe snack.

No how -- no way could we have that many meals in a day.

Hmm ... are you a hobbit? ;)

I'm cruising with a couple of teenage boys this summer that plan to eat like Hobbits... Breakfast, 2nd Breakfast, Elevensies, Luncheon, Afternoon Tea, Dinner, and Supper. :D

I think I would sink the ship if I ate like that......:eek: Heck, I think I just gained 5 lbs. just thinking about it. :p

Usually about the 3rd or 4th day, I say, "Do we have to eat again!!!!!!!" The more I eat, the more exercise I need. And I don't like to exercise while cruising. Except taking the stairs as much as I can and walking when we are at the ports.

More power to the people that can eat like that and not gain weight. My husband is one of them. :mad:

Enjoy.......

Gwen :)

That's me! By mid cruise I'm saying "do we have to eat again"! One cruise I was happy we were getting off. I needed to detox from all the food. I'm a healthy eater but I don't come anywhere near eating as much as the OP.

It can be done if you space the meals out just right and eat every 2-3 hours. :D:D:D I must admit by day 7 im just not hungry and the menu gets boring and predictable but you get your moneys worth this way.

What do you mean, your money's worth?

What you paid for the cruise is not just for food.;)

If I ate that much, the time spent not eating would be spent in the bathroom, eliminating all the stuff I ate. Can't waste that much time on a ship.

On one cruise we enjoyed watching a family of 8 at the table next to us, really enjoying their food. Every single night, they ate every appetizer, every soup/salad, every entree and every dessert. Before the meal, their table was set with four HUGE bowls of shrimp and cocktail sauce and the bar waiter had 6 large glasses of soda in front of each seat. This was repeated for breakfast and lunch every day. Hey, at least they got their money's worth.

Edited by kitty9

I'm planning to eat two dinners every day on my next cruise.

I'm surprised that everyone here assumes that eating 5 meals a day assumes that you're eating a lot of food. Just because there's lots of food served doesn't require you to eat it all!

At home, I eat 5 meals a day. I lost 50 pounds doing this and have kept it off 7 years. It's called "grazing". You can eat this way on a cruise, too! The trick is never to eat a large meal (>12 oz). It takes some will power but it's possible. (Maybe on a cruise you might cheat a little. :-) So, lose some weight before you board.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We used to that kind of eating when we were young (20s and 30s) but gave it up many years ago. Most of the guys I used to know that ate that way are now pushing up daisies :)

Hank

Some people really do go to both the MDR and the Buffet for dinner.

Happily, they can they if they want to.

LuLu

I've been seated near people in the MDR who gripe about the itty bitty portions, the waiter offered to bring them something else, which the declined, while continuing to whine about the fact that real people eat more than just a few bits of dinner. :rolleyes: since we were leaving the dining room about the same time, I kinda followed them to see what they were going to do. And what do you know, they headed right up to the buffet. And proceeded to pile their plates with food.

this American society doesn't even recognize the correct portion size of what they should be consuming...when it's placed in front of them. They think everything needs to be super size. And that's a sad sad thing.

I am a really early riser so I usually grab a pastry and some coffee at the café. Then as soon as Brunch opens at 8:30 I have breakfast, then go back just before it closes at 1:30 for lunch........I might have some fruit or something like that from the buffet between those two meals.......

We have Your Time Dining so we go to dinner around 6:30 and might have a Taste Bar bite on the Promenade in the early evening, but about the only time I eat after dinner is to order a BLT from room service around midnight.

I've been seated near people in the MDR who gripe about the itty bitty portions, the waiter offered to bring them something else, which the declined, while continuing to whine about the fact that real people eat more than just a few bits of dinner. :rolleyes: since we were leaving the dining room about the same time, I kinda followed them to see what they were going to do. And what do you know, they headed right up to the buffet. And proceeded to pile their plates with food.

this American society doesn't even recognize the correct portion size of what they should be consuming...when it's placed in front of them. They think everything needs to be super size. And that's a sad sad thing.

There is NO mystery as to why Americans are overweight and overweight as children with the examples many of their parents are.