Cruising in 2016?

Bramcruiser

As a follow-up to our previous details on the cruise to Cuba, and we are again booked aboard the Celestial Cristal for three weeks in Janunary-February 2016, we were sorry to be advised that the ship will no longer stop at Antilla on the north side of the island. To us this was the essence of our cruise. In the middle of the town square in all theatrical glory we encountered the local female impersonator selling tickets to his local evening show. Now we are talking about a town of only about twelve thousand. An open and vivacious entertainer with jewellery to accent the occasion, this encounter just added to our day's fun and activity. But unfortunately, to accommodate the sailing passenger's demands of a nightly stop over in Havana, they had to give up something and unfortunately, at least for us it was our Antilla.

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked with Atlantis to Tahiti for April 2016 on an Oceania ship. It's a little more expensive but it is to celebrate my 50th birthday. We are heading to Palm Springs a few days before the chartered plane leaves for Tahiti from LA. Get a head start on my tan.

We've just booked a 12 night New Zealand cruise with Celebrity in November of 2016. Long ways away but it will give me more time to save up. I booked us a suite with a butler and I plan on having the time of my/our lives. :D

We had to re book as Carnival cancelled the Magic and Breeze repo cruises to move the ships to their new home ports earlier. Still doing the Magic, just round trip from Port Canaveral now, so looking to book 1-2 more cruises to make up for the cancelled one,

Decided to put off my India tour for a year......and instead booked Koningsdam out of Amsterdam to Norway in August. May add a second HAL cruise in Dec 2016...out of Ft Lauderdale.

So that makes 4 cruises in 2016...2 on NCL and one or possibly two on HAL. Dog is not going to be happy.

Very excited about the Koningsdam!

Ciao

I'm doing three HAL cruises in 2016, including Koningsdam. What's the matter with us, we're too young to be sailing Holland America! :p

Well it's not a record, but I will have 32 days at sea in 2016.

In February I'm doing my first back-to-back on HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam, both in the Eastern Caribbean but with different ports. The first week is just a regular old HAL cruise, but I'm sailing with a friend who has never been on a cruise. The second week will be the annual RSVP cruise. It will be fun to compare and contrast and to get to know all the bar servers before everyone else. :p

In August I will be sailing to the Western Caribbean on Norwegian Getaway. This will be my first time on Breakaway-class, and all new ports for me with the exception of Cozumel.

Finally, the day before Thanksgiving I'm embarking on the beautiful new ms Koningsdam with accommodation in a Single-category stateroom. I chose an 11-night Southern Caribbean sailing with five new-to-me ports out of seven. This will be my most expensive cruise ever (complaining, not bragging), but I'm oddly excited about it.

Happy sailing. Anyone on any of the above?

I'm surprised no one has started this thread yet knowing the number of people who book far in advance. :)

After taking a break from the seas in 2015 (the first time not on a ship in 11 years) we put a deposit down on a 2016 expedition voyage of a lifetime. In 2016 we're doing the Silver Explorer (of Silversea) from Kangerlussuaq, Greenland to St. John's, Newfoundland. Being 12 days, it will also be the longest cruise we have ever taken.

I'm sure someone out there booked 2016 by now?

Responding to an older post, but here goes. Looking at the Eclipse for late Jan. or early Feb.2016. Also looking at the Queen Victoria on it's Panama Canal trip. We did the QV in 2012. It was nice, but like the QM2 far more. Celebrity has these nice 14 day trips during the winter. True we've been to these islands several times, but still beats walking waist deep & more in snow like last year!

As 2017 is just around the corner. We have booked 3 cruises for 2016 and 2 cruises for 2017.

3/5/16 (E Caribbean) Reflection 5/ 2016 Royal Caribbean (Pacific coast) 9/3/2016 (Europe/Med) Silhouette 1/14/207 (Asia) Millennium 5/7/2017 (Hawaii) Solstice

Haven't booked yet, but looking really hard at the Getaway in May 2016 with a quick 2 or 3 day trip down to Key West before the cruise.

Then in the fall of '16 we've been talking about a Mexico cruise out of San Diego (any suggestions on cruise line?).

We are going on NCL Epic this October (Halloween!) and are hoping they offer some exclusive deals on future cruises;)

We had 3 nights in key west before our cruise last year. Highly recommend it

We've booked our first South American experience with Celebrity (Infinity, Jan. 31) for Celebrity's first "Rio Carnival" itinerary. We start at Buenos Aires and sail up to Rio where we'll dock for three days during Carnival. Does anyone have any experience with Buenos Aires or Rio and could offer tips or excursion ideas? Many thanks.

Brad

Hey Brad........oh so excited for you! I had the thrill of sailing this same route a few years back when Atlantis did a charter on the Oceania Insignia. I fould Buenos Aires a wonderful city, clean and safe...very walkable. Rio, fantastic.

In Rio.......I did the tandem hang gliding down onto the beach having seen contestants do it on the Amazing Race. Loved it, scared the hell out of me, but it was incredible and I'd do it again in a hear beat. I was in Rio for mardi Gras as well...city is packed. The Beach...Copacaban has more eye candy than you will see anywhere else on this planet except for maybe Australia. The Brazilians seem to be built for tiny bathing suits:D

If the cruise line offers Mardi Gras tickets as an excursion with bus transportation.....do it. The tickets are very pricey but the experience is something you will take to the grave. The Parade takes place over two nights...9:30 PM to @ 7AM the next morning....yes all night and then again the following evening. Half the teams competing on each evening. I couldn't figure out why it was so long till you see the size of the teams...some in excess of 5000 participants. VIP seating is a must, the locals are in the bleachers above and go crazy as if it was a world soccer game. Enjoy!

1209500242_June2012transfer451.jpg.3c5356a74b2b8f32fadc9d0f74c0223e.jpg

774070977_June2012transfer086.jpg.dbecca10a0101116a6076dbaf0d61fcb.jpg

1102896948_June2012transfer085.jpg.9019470a65891b78ce4cf9e4db640b36.jpg

We've booked our first South American experience with Celebrity (Infinity, Jan. 31) for Celebrity's first "Rio Carnival" itinerary. We start at Buenos Aires and sail up to Rio where we'll dock for three days during Carnival. Does anyone have any experience with Buenos Aires or Rio and could offer tips or excursion ideas? Many thanks.

Brad

is that the Brazilian men are are soooooo delicious!!!!!!

Faboo itinerary ...enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Our very dear friends are FINALLY getting married. They've set a save the date for November 2016 on the new Harmony of The Seas. Can't wait!

It will our first time on RCCL. Fortunate to have cruised a lot on X so we will have Platinum status before first setting foot on the ship!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm booked on the Celebrity Millennium from Hawaii to Vancouver in April 2016 and on the Azamara Journey to Arabian Gulf and Emirates in October 2016.

Two more cruises in 2016:

Msc preziosa in May for a 7 days cruise (western Mediterranean);

Ncl Epic in August for a 7 days (western Mediterranean).

My husband Chris and I were married on 12-13-14 and we too are cruise-free for 2015. However, we are booked on Brilliance of the Seas in Oct 2016 for the transatlantic from Barcelona to Tampa. This is being billed as our retirement cruise as I plan on being retired by sept 2016 and he shortly thereafter. Selling the houses in Northern Virginia and moving to St. Petersburg FL

John