Can we wear Flip Flops to dinner for Cruise Casual??

momtoty2001

I was reading a previous Fun Times from the Destiny and saw that you are not allowed to wear flip flops in the main dining room?

I am wondering how much this is enforced? My husband was planning to wear cargo shorts and golf shirts to Cruise Casual dinner but was going to only bring a pair of flip flops and a pair of dress shoes to wear to elegant night.

I also was planning to wear nicer flip flops with a sundress as was my daughter.

Hoping someone can give some insight on this as we leave in 6 days and want to make sure we don't look silly walking into the dining room with the wrong shoes... LOL! :)

Flip Flops are not allowed in the MDR for Cruise Casual Dinner. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen though. If you read it does state beach flip flops which I would think would be those cheap plastic ones. I have worn dress flip flop sandals to the MDR before with no problem.

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/04/08/what-to-wear.aspx

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I am a female and on nights that it is Cruise Casual in the dining room....I wear shorts, polo shirt, and flip flops. My flip flops are the nice, leather ones from Skechers. I have never had a problem being asked to leave because I wasn't dressed appropriately

If you do, you do so at your own risk. Any wet spills, plus faux marble surfaces, plus flip flops, and you may find yourself in the infirmary.

They are warning you for a reason. And it's not for fashion reasons.

BTW, I also advise you not to wear them on the lido deck either. At any time.

the flip flops they are talking about is the $1.00 rubber type pair. these are not safe on the slippery floors-

So if these are the ones your husband wears-- he may want to reconsider.

(people watching up on the lido deck how many people slip because the floors are very slippery)

We just came back from the triumph and I wore flip flops everynight. they weren't the plastic.kind but a nicer pair from kohls. No.problems at all, but I wore them with a very dark was pair of long jeans and usually a sweater set type.shirt.

Some people (males) did wear what I would.consider swim bottoms but they still ate. I don't think they care as long as it's.not females in swim.suits and shirtless males.

Carnival certainly has changed from our experience last week. If you are dressed you should be allowed in.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

My wife wear sandals during formal nights. She wears a floor length dress and you can't see them. She doesn't want to pack a ton of shoes.

Our neighbor wore flip flops under her wedding dress. She claims that they are the only type of shoe that is comfortable for her and they were hidden by the dress. The only way we knew was when the garder belt was removed from her leg during that age old tradition.

I was reading a previous Fun Times from the Destiny and saw that you are not allowed to wear flip flops in the main dining room?

I am wondering how much this is enforced? My husband was planning to wear cargo shorts and golf shirts to Cruise Casual dinner but was going to only bring a pair of flip flops and a pair of dress shoes to wear to elegant night.

I also was planning to wear nicer flip flops with a sundress as was my daughter.

Hoping someone can give some insight on this as we leave in 6 days and want to make sure we don't look silly walking into the dining room with the wrong shoes... LOL! :)

I've worn sandles AND flip flops to MDR on both the "supposedly" elegant and the cruise casual nights and never had a problem. I'd wear just what you want, just look a little classy!!

I do not think my wife has ever worn anything but flip flops in the MDR. I will tell you this, though...NO ROBES! We were on a Halloween cruise, I was dressed as a bearded lady and my wife as....well, whatever she was. They made her change her costume to eat in the MDR. I suppose I was able to pull it off?

P1010053.jpg

Edited by bruisin4cruisin

OH good grief; it's CARNIVAL Nice "flip flops", yes. Spiff up a little for elegant night. It's a mass market cruise line where the waiters dance the Macarena with cakes on their heads; not gonna go too far outta my way to dress up for that! (I would just dress as you would if you were going to chain dining at home; then dress a little nicer for elegant night.)

OH good grief; it's CARNIVAL Nice "flip flops", yes. Spiff up a little for elegant night. It's a mass market cruise line where the waiters dance the Macarena with cakes on their heads; not gonna go too far outta my way to dress up for that! (I would just dress as you would if you were going to chain dining at home; then dress a little nicer for elegant night.)

Bingo. I lost all respect for the Carnival dining room when I saw this video.

I wouldnt wear anything like a tank top or a speedo to the MDR, but clearly just about anything else goes. ;)