Actually, this is a Cruise Critic question ....

VTX-AL

..... but I didn't know where else to put it !

In the "New Posts" section of the Forums, there seems to be an upper limit of 40pages/999 new posts. Obviously, each day there is probably many more than 40 pages/999 posts ..... so where do the number in excess of 40/999 go ? If you mark the forums "read" and immediately click on "New Posts" again, there will then be only a small number of new posts available for viewing. Is there a setting somewhere that will let me review ALL the posts, regardless of how many there really are, in any given time period, that I don't know about ?

...VTX-Al

I have never clicked on "new posts," but in all honesty, I would rather go to specific areas of the forum and see what threads have been created or added to since my last time I was here. That's very easy as the newer posts are generally in darker highlighting (and often the threads I've looked at before are marked in red). I usually look at Princess, Floataway (just for one thread I contribute to), West Coast destinations (just in case I can help answer questions), Ask a Cruise Question, New Cruisers...

I really don't care to see any new posts in sections that I'm not interested in.

....That's very easy as the newer posts are generally in darker highlighting (and often the threads I've looked at before are marked in red)....

True, this makes it easy - except for lately when you have to remember to keep logging in all the time. I keep forgetting to check to see if I'm logged in until I start reading a post and realize it sounds familiar.....

Wish Cruise Critic would fix this problem - it's been like this for weeks!

True, this makes it easy - except for lately when you have to remember to keep logging in all the time. I keep forgetting to check to see if I'm logged in until I start reading a post and realize it sounds familiar.....

Wish Cruise Critic would fix this problem - it's been like this for weeks!

When you log in, you are given an option to stay logged in. Select that option and you will automatically be logged in whenever you return to cruise critic.

All new threads posted or updated since your last visit will appear in bold type.

When you log in, you are given an option to stay logged in. Select that option and you will automatically be logged in whenever you return to cruise critic.

All new threads posted or updated since your last visit will appear in bold type.

Not sure if it's just an IE problem or what, but those of us who use IE on our computers, the "Stay Logged In" cookie is not working.

Safari,,, I don't have an issue with. Only IE

That option has only worked sporadically for weeks now. There have been quite a few posts complaining about the nuisance, but no one from Cruise Critic seems to be paying any attention.

I used to be able to come to the site and not have to re-log in. But just as the others above, I've had to log in each time, even though I've checked the "remember me" box. I don't have that problem with most other sites I use.

Not sure if it's just an IE problem or what, but those of us who use IE on our computers, the "Stay Logged In" cookie is not working.

Safari,,, I don't have an issue with. Only IE

That option has only worked sporadically for weeks now. There have been quite a few posts complaining about the nuisance, but no one from Cruise Critic seems to be paying any attention.

OK, I understand this is a cookie issue. I work with IE 11 on a Win 7 machine as well as two Android platforms running Chrome and haven't experienced any problems.

OK, I understand this is a cookie issue. I work with IE 11 on a Win 7 machine as well as two Android platforms running Chrome and haven't experienced any problems.

I'm IE 11 on Windows 8

Have to log in everytime.

Started happening a few weeks ago

..... but I didn't know where else to put it !

In the "New Posts" section of the Forums, there seems to be an upper limit of 40pages/999 new posts. Obviously, each day there is probably many more than 40 pages/999 posts ..... so where do the number in excess of 40/999 go ? If you mark the forums "read" and immediately click on "New Posts" again, there will then be only a small number of new posts available for viewing. Is there a setting somewhere that will let me review ALL the posts, regardless of how many there really are, in any given time period, that I don't know about ?

...VTX-Al

Try going to Last and clicking there. ;)

LuLu