Upgraded!

I logged into my reservation this morning and it says that we have been upgraded from a Jr. Suite to the Royal Family Suite. Our "set sail" pass has changed, but the luggage tags still reflect our old stateroom number. Has anyone else been upgraded with out Royal Caribbean notifying them? My agent is not available until noon, and I am wondering if it's a mistake :). We are sailing Friday on the Grandeur.

Thanks!

Are you driving to the port?

If so, here is the procedure:

When you go through the gate, there is a hut or booth area on your left. Pull into a parking space there, get out of your car, take your NEW SetSail pass with you and they will give you luggage tags that match your new cabin number.

Then you get back into your car, drive forward and then sharply to your right, where you will be directed to a baggage handler. He will take your bags and direct you to the parking area. (which is ahead, right, pay, then left)

Have a great time in your RFS!

congrats11.jpg

Edited by Merion_Mom

We are Diamond Crown and Anchor, but it is because of our status on Celebrity. We only have 65 days on Royal Caribbean.

So it is confirmed -- the C&A policy to upgrade Diamond Plus and Pinnacle is baloney.

A big congrats to you though and enjoy!! I've never had one upgrade in 31 cruises (21 RCI).

I logged into my reservation this morning and it says that we have been upgraded from a Jr. Suite to the Royal Family Suite. Our "set sail" pass has changed, but the luggage tags still reflect our old stateroom number. Has anyone else been upgraded with out Royal Caribbean notifying them? My agent is not available until noon, and I am wondering if it's a mistake :). We are sailing Friday on the Grandeur.

Thanks!

Wow!! That is a pretty big upgrade. :eek:

So it is confirmed -- the C&A policy to upgrade Diamond Plus and Pinnacle is baloney.

A big congrats to you though and enjoy!! I've never had one upgrade in 31 cruises (21 RCI).

Actually, this thread does not prove that.

If you do not know it, not all upgrades are given by Crown & Anchor.

The first step in the upgrade process is taken by the REVENUE Department. Only after they have finished giving out all of the upgrades that THEY want to give do they give the remaining cabins to C&A. THEN C&A can distribute those upgrades.

Chances are, this upgrade came from Revenue. They had probably given up on selling the RFS just a few days before sailing, so they upgraded cruisejess, either planning on selling her JS or upgrading someone from a lower category into her JS and easily selling THAT cabin.

Edited by Merion_Mom

I don't know if that makes a difference when they decide who to upgrade :)

According to the last published policy update from RC it does. On our huge Allure Roll Call the only people that got upgrades were Diamond or above. Though I don't doubt on special occasions that others get an upgrade if it helps Royal out filling a particular room.

We are Diamond Crown and Anchor, but it is because of our status on Celebrity. We only have 65 days on Royal Caribbean. We tend to spend a lot onboard both lines. I don't know if that makes a difference when they decide who to upgrade :)

What is your status on celebrity?

I think we have all known that for the last two years! Lol

Actually, this thread does not prove that.

If you do not know it, not all upgrades are given by Crown & Anchor.

The first step in the upgrade process is taken by the REVENUE Department. Only after they have finished giving out all of the upgrades that THEY want to give do they give the remaining cabins to C&A. THEN C&A can distribute those upgrades.

Chances are, this upgrade came from Revenue. They had probably given up on selling the RFS just a few days before sailing, so they upgraded cruisejess, either planning on selling her JS or upgrading someone from a lower category into her JS and easily selling THAT cabin.

Wouldn't it be so nice if the two departments would work together!!! They could combine efforts ! Then the C&A folks could get the upgrades in priority and revenue could still manage the supply/demand inventory.

Congrats and enjoy. As many of us who have never been upgraded, you supplied most of the info we might want to know, but what is your Crown and Anchor status?

Oh, and a general question to all, On a Freedom class ship, any upgrade from a d1 would have to be a JS wouldn't it? I have the exact room location we wanted, my current upgrade setting in my profile is AUTOMATIC. I would happily accept a JS and give up my prize location, but I shouldn't have to worry about them sticking me in another D balcony and calling it an upgrade right?

Correct, you shouldn't worry. If you are D1, you would be upgraded to a JS, at minimum. The rules state that upgrades can only be for one category, but we all know how the rules are followed. :) (If it suits their purpose, anything is possible.)

Edited by travelgoddess1