Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

This story has some good information about contingency plans if they run into any bad weather.

The international team in charge of the unprecedented salvage effort say that if the Concordia is hit by bad weather during the four to five day journey, they have contingency plans to seek refuge in the Italian ports of Livorno or La Spezia.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/10981950/Costa-Concordia-prepared-for-its-delayed-final-journey.html

does it looks like they are going to throw a bouquet of flowers near the ship?..that would be a nice gesture.. Also I have a question about the passengers personal item? will they ever get them back or are they property of the salvage company? To me since I cruise a lot it was very sad to see those balcony stateroom and the ship itself thinking what could have been

does anyone know what time they will depart? I am in the US and will be 6 hours behind

does it looks like they are going to throw a bouquet of flowers near the ship?..that would be a nice gesture.. Also I have a question about the passengers personal item? will they ever get them back or are they property of the salvage company? To me since I cruise a lot it was very sad to see those balcony stateroom and the ship itself thinking what could have been

does anyone know what time they will depart? I am in the US and will be 6 hours behind

It is suppose to be towed tomorrow from what I am reading. I asked about the items that were the passengers. I imagine they belong to the salvage company. Are you watching the live feed?

Also I have a question about the passengers personal item? will they ever get them back or are they property of the salvage company?

From an earlier post:

sergio ortelli sindaco del comune di isola del giglio Maritime Transport -operating activities of the wreck will take place starting at 08.30 am, after the arrival of the first ferry to Porto Santo Stefano. After it will be necessary to stop the ferry traffic for a period of approximately 4-6 hours. The program may be subject to possible variations in relation to operational needs and weather and sea conditions. As soon as he steps in front of the coast will be reactivated the races according to the normal seasonal hours.

Bathing- It is confirmed, as a precaution and precaution, on the advice of Arpat, the bathing ban for the duration of the operations on the beach near the Hotel Demo '.

Leisure Activities- Is expected, like last July 14, an interruption of port activities and sports starting at 8.30. Once completed, operations will be reactivated.

(Adjust time to your location)

As to belongings, it has been reported that items will be returned. Who knows? We haven't heard from 2 survivors that sometimes drop in here for a while now which is probably the only way we'd know for sure.

A decision was made last year that any items in the cabins of value including anything within the cabin safe will be returned to the people who occupied them or their families.

Those cabins above water have already been cleared i recall from a report a few months back.

A quick glance at the live stream shows that deck 2 is above water too. They were telling that the refloat would be to deck 3, however a deck 2 cabin window can be seen at the moment I type this through the gap between sponsons S2 and S3. Also, the mooring line holes in deck 3 are well above the water now. I don't know if this is a result of listing to port and if it will go under again when the ship levels again. Would post a screen capture but I am at work now and can't access the photo sharing sites.

Beth ... A few months ago all the cabins above water were emptied of valuables and a report said they were to be returned to the owners or their families, last year Costa also said that all cabins would be emptied eventually and belongings returned to the owners.

Since this operation is almost over, I would like to jump in here and tell all that contributed to this thread, thanks!!! I have quietly followed this thread on an almost daily basis. My four year old grandson calls the CC the "Sad Ship".

We have watched the righting of the ship and now the refloating with great interest and with respect for those who lost their lives. May God rest their souls!!

Again, thank you all for your wonderful links, photos and on going updates. It has been a fascinating process and your input has greatly enhanced this. What a feat of engineering this has been!!

"As to belongings, it has been reported that items will be returned. Who knows? We haven't heard from 2 survivors that sometimes drop in here for a while now which is probably the only way we'd know for sure."

SB : I'll let everyone know if we receive any of our belongings from our cabin. We had not put anything in our safe as we had only boarded 4 hours before the impact and were busy going to dinner and then the magic show...I did have time to wash a wee bit of laundry and sadly my unmentionables have been fluttering on the clothesline in our cabin shower all this time!! Perhaps they'll be dry now that the water level is below deck 6 where we were!! Costa had promised to return items from the safes but we've never heard about anything else. If our belongings are returned, won't that be a sorry mess of a parcel to open!!! Yuck, I don't want to even think about it!

I have quietly been reading this thread almost every day since it started....not sure how I will pass my spare time when the ship is finally gone from Giglio!!! I want to thank each and every one of the contributors, it has been a very informative and therapeutic experience for me to follow this thread!

Life is so good!!! And we are forever grateful to be survivors!

A quick glance at the live stream shows that deck 2 is above water too. They were telling that the refloat would be to deck 3, however a deck 2 cabin window can be seen at the moment I type this through the gap between sponsons S2 and S3. Also, the mooring line holes in deck 3 are well above the water now. I don't know if this is a result of listing to port and if it will go under again when the ship levels again. Would post a screen capture but I am at work now and can't access the photo sharing sites.

They probably don't count it unless the actual deck is out of the water.