Ft Lauderdale hotels

cole'snana

I second everything Bob said. Embassy Suites has a nice "happy hour" (free) and free cooked to order breakfast. The cab fare to the port is less than $15 or you might join in on their shuttle which is about the same price as a cab. Nice shopping center adjacent to ES.

Have also stayed at Hyatt Pier 66 and there is nothing much around it. The in-house restaurant was very expensive and we had a hard time finding a suitable order.

Edited by truffles2

We stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 in a tower room. It was a beautiful property and we enjoyed the location very much.

Conveniently located with an Avis on the property with free shuttle to the cruise terminal.:)

As others have mentioned, Embassy Suites on 17th street is our choice. Very near are lots of shops, restaurants, a Publix (for those forgotten items) and a Total Wine for those wanting to bring on board the allowed wine allotment.

We always precruise at the Ebassy Suites..

Going again in Jan and the five of us can stay in one suite, free drinks for the 3 adults... cooked to order breakfast

Called the hotel myself and letting me park my car there for 12 days as well.

Walking distance to everything.

Is the area of the Embassy Suites in a good area to aim for? I am actually going to look for a Hilton property(to use points) but had no idea what areas would be the best for being easy access to airport, cruise port and safe to spend some time in the day before the cruise. All that without a car.

Thanks

Is the area of the Embassy Suites in a good area to aim for? I am actually going to look for a Hilton property(to use points) but had no idea what areas would be the best for being easy access to airport, cruise port and safe to spend some time in the day before the cruise. All that without a car.

Thanks

Yes it is a very good area for what you are asking about :)

Very safe and easy access to stores /Resturants.

We stay in that area about half the time when we are cruising out of PE.

Also look up sun trolley if you want to go down to the beach from this area.

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

The hotels along or just off 17th St. are popular with some cruisers. There are a few restaurants , stores for last minute items and a Total Wine in a small Harbor Shops mall.

We don't choose this busy road. We find it pretty generic. Traffic heavy.

Especially if you have a lot of day, I'd choose something along the beach. More convenient to see the beautiful beach ,intracoastal area, Las Olas, Beach Place etc.

Enjoy your stay.:)

Edited by eandj

Thanks

We have stayed at the Doubletree Gallery One before a cruise. It is a Hilton property and very nice. We have also stayed at the B Ocean Resort which is right on the ocean if that interests you. .......enjoyed it there too.

Assume if you are a Hilton Honors member that you know Embassy Suites is one of their properties. Stay there every cruise using Hilton points. Any hotel in the 17th street area is very convenient to the cruise port.

Thanks, I realized that when I logged in to check my points after posting the question....I just don't come across them very often so I tend to forget.

Have never gone down the day before a cruise' date=' would like to try it.

Can anyone recommend a place in Ft Lauderdale, close to restaurants and other activities for the evening before departure?[/quote']

I second this. The Embassy is on a very busy, industrial street.

If you've never been to Ft Lauderdale, Riverside Hotel is the only hotel in the middle of downtown/Las Olas. This is the area to stay for nice dining, shopping, Museum of Art, and galleries.

Love Las Olas and The Riverside Hotel.