Have you been to the spa for a pedicure?

sjmbruce

My wife went a few years ago. The girl tried to sell her over $200. Worth of Products. Don't be afraid to just say NO THANK YOU!!! You may have to say it 50 times before they stop.

Tony

What does a pedicure cost... $100? If so, and my (ex)-wife had been susceptible to high pressure sales tactics, I would have told her -

"That's $30 per toe... get out the novocaine... I'm going to amputate". ;)

Basic pedicure $41 (port day) 45 minutes. I (male) always get one, usually Sole Delight - 55 min $59 (port day). Not unreasonably more than shoreside (I usually pay ~$50 for a premium pedicure shoreside). Often you can get Spa Specials for less. This is what OBC is for!

And yeah, just say "Not Interested" - the techs get perks for sales.. They do not work for Princess, they work for Steiner who contracts for Princess and others.

I had a pedicure on board couple of years ago. She was not very experienced and cut my toe among other things. It wasn't a relaxing experience at all and so I don't bother with the spa now. I go to a salon I trust at home instead. As folks have said, it's also usually more expensive than at home.

Just my experience and thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am thinking about having a pedicure done on my cruise. I know it might be more money than on land but I am fine with that. I am wondering if it is a quality treatment with good results. Thanks!

I used to get them on the ship all the time. Now I get one at home before I leave on my cruise. The one at my place at home is just as good as the ship's and much less expensive.

I get a manicure and pedicure every two weeks at home and for gel polish French manicure on fingers and regular polish on toes I pay $55 USD. For the exact same thing on Princess my last one on Coral Princess in December 2016 cost $225 USD. Fortunately I had OBC to cover the cost, but bottom line is I will not be doing it again. I didn't buy any product and while the service was good, it certainly was not worth $225.

Should you decide to do it anyway, I would suggest getting a full breakdown of the cost prior to the service and make them write it down if you can. I find they tend to tell you the basic price and then when all is said and done there are a bunch of add ons - extra for gel removal, extra for gel polish, extra for this and extra for that.

No, I always bring my own stuff and do my toes while on the balcony. Even with $800 OBC on my next cruise I will refuse to use my free money to have a $95 manicure onboard. I can buy a lot of bottles of opi in the perfume store with my OBC instead

If a mani /pedi was more in line with prices at home, I would consider it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Both my husband and I had one on the Crown in October, it was his first and he loved it. There was a small amount of "hard sell" but it's OK to just say no. The pedicure was great and lasted most of the 15 day cruise. Sorry, I don't remember the cost.

OBC? It's something my wife uses all up as I am filling out the health forms at the pier :D

Tony

LOL. Fill out the form... you may need the defibrillator when you look at the final folio and find out the Spa charges are approximately 10x the OBC. :eek:

LOL. Fill out the form... you may need the defibrillator when you look at the final folio and find out the Spa charges are approximately 10x the OBC. :eek:

Bill you got that right!!! I could have installed a Captain's Lounge on the Rowboat for what she spent in the spa that year. :(.

From The Captain of the Rowboat,

Tony

Bill you got that right!!! I could have installed a Captain's Lounge on the Rowboat for what she spent in the spa that year. :(.

From The Captain of the Rowboat,

Tony

See the problem is you don't let her row the rowboat. If you did she would not be distracted by the spa.

Trust me I know about these things. :evilsmile: :evilsmile: :evilsmile:

See the problem is you don't let her row the rowboat. If you did she would not be distracted by the spa.

Trust me I know about these things. :evilsmile: :evilsmile: :evilsmile:

Bill, I told her she was going to row the rowboat the next time. She said FUGHEDDABOUDIT :D :D.

From The Captain of the Rowboat.

Tony

Tony,

I'm not indygirl99. However, don't make the wife row... she could break a nail... and that would mean another visit to the Spa!

Cheers,

Bill

Sorry Bill I got names mixed up. You're right Margie can't row the Rowboat!! The last time she did she lost one of the ores. :mad: We were going in circles for over an hour.

Your right I can't afford another Spa visit. indygirl99 Your welcome on the Rowboat anytime. Thank You for your help :D.

The Rowboat Captain,

Tony

Sorry Bill I got names mixed up. You're right Margie can't row the Rowboat!! The last time she did she lost one of the ores. :mad: We were going in circles for over an hour.

Your right I can't afford another Spa visit. indygirl99 Your welcome on the Rowboat anytime. Thank You for your help :D.

The Rowboat Captain,

Tony

Thanks Captain

I promise not to lose an oar or to row in circles. I am great about carrying my own weight.