Where to stay in Miami?

SpeedsterX

We are going in February and have only sailed out of Port Canaveral, never out of Miami. Looking for a fairly inexpensive hotel that nice and safe. Don't necessarily need beach front but something not too far away. Any suggestions would be a great help. :)

I will check that out, thank you.
I was going to suggest the Holiday Inn Bayside. Close to all the restaurants and shops of Bayside Market Place and handy for the port. We're staying there again next April before our TA on Adventure, but would also suggest the Intercontinental at Chopin Plaza. I'm still considering this as they seem to have cheaper rates for our dates than the Holiday Inn and we've stayed here previously too. Again walking distance to Bayside.

The Intercontinental is much nicer than the Holiday Inn (and only a block or two from the Bayside MarketPlace) and you can often get sale/promo rates via the Hotel or via PriceLine and such. Holiday Inn is right across from Bayside MarketPlace and the bridge leading to the port, but has limited parking if you're driving. There's a 7-11 between the two hotels and plenty of places to eat at the MarketPlace, including a Harbor Cruise. ken

There is a Holiday Inn right across the street from Bayside Marketplace. You can see port from that area, and it's only a short cab ride to port in the morning.

We stayed at this hotel when we last sailed out of Miami a few years ago. It was fine & we would stay there again if we were to cruise out of this port. We really liked Bayside Marketplace. Lots of shopping & dining venues plus close walking distance to a Walgreen's if you need a few extras that you might have forgotten at home. If you get a room high enough in the hotel, you will be able to see the cruise ships in port.

We are going in February and have only sailed out of Port Canaveral, never out of Miami. Looking for a fairly inexpensive hotel that nice and safe. Don't necessarily need beach front but something not too far away. Any suggestions would be a great help. :)

From Miami we go for the Crowne Plaza - Free shuttle from Airport and a free shuttle back to the Airport to catch the Cruise Line's shuttle to Port.

I've stayed at Bayside but much prefer being in South Beach. We have stayed twice at The Penguin on Ocean Drive, right across from the beach and it's perfect for one night pre-cruise. Small, art deco hotel with clean rooms and a good onsite restaurant which has the best and cheapest breakfast in the area and wonderful, friendly and helpful staff. It's very close to many restaurants and a short walk to Lincoln Mall and other stores. South Beach has a much nicer atmosphere, in my opinion, that Bayside. The taxi to the port was $25.

My vote would be for the Intercontinental. It's only a couple blocks (4 I believe) from Bayside Marketplace and a 5 minute cab to the pier....and did I mention there's a Starbucks in the hotel?? :D. But, as others have suggested, if you're looking for something more economical, try the Holiday Inn that's across the street from Bayside.

We're staying at LaQuinta Miami airport EAST (not to be confused with west).

We're paying about $104 with AAA discount. It includes pick up from airport and delivery to port. They have a hot breakfast in the morning. I understand there isn't anyplace to walk to to get something to eat, but a lot of places deliver. There's a pool on the roof. Everything I need for not much money. They will let you park a car for free for a week.

My vote would be for the Intercontinental. It's only a couple blocks (4 I believe) from Bayside Marketplace and a 5 minute cab to the pier....and did I mention there's a Starbucks in the hotel?? :D. But, as others have suggested, if you're looking for something more economical, try the Holiday Inn that's across the street from Bayside.

I would vote IC too but if you're talking 2014, availability might be a problem.

We are coming in Wed for a Sat sail and staying at the Doubletree Biscayne Bay. Anyone in the know: Should we be changing over to the Intercontinental? (We had originally booked the Holiday Inn, but a few people told me this wouldn't be a good choice for such a long stay.

So stick with Doubletree or switch to Intercontinental? I find the hotels in Miami so much more expensive than we're used to in Ft. Lauderdale. I've made peace with that, but we won't have a car, and likely the OP won't either, so don't want to get stuck somewhere that feels stranded.

We're staying at LaQuinta Miami airport EAST (not to be confused with west).

We're paying about $104 with AAA discount. It includes pick up from airport and delivery to port. They have a hot breakfast in the morning. I understand there isn't anyplace to walk to to get something to eat, but a lot of places deliver.

I'm paying a little less, in about -- no, exactly! -- two weeks.

Go with a name you know when ordering delivery. We ordered from a local place and it didn't end well. Then on our next cruise, we knew better, but I forgot to warn our roll call, and two of them got burned by the same place. :eek:

Again, go with a name you know. (Pizza Hut, etc.)

Also, the Bennigan's (Bennigan's?!?!) right by the hotel is universally regarded as foul. Go there at your own risk. :)

There's a pool on the roof. Everything I need for not much money. They will let you park a car for free for a week.

That last part about parking makes it a no-brainer. We'll be driving down and staying there for our third cruise in a row.

BTW, the pool is at ground level, not on the roof.

Archived