Stateroom Configuration - Bonnie Question

JVNYC

Good day Bonnie! Is there a chart that could possibly be shared with Cruise Critic that shows stateroom configuration - specifically which side the bed and bathroom are on?

We have a thread dedicated to cabin info but the spreadsheet doesn't really capture which side the bed is on.

Personally, I like to pick a stateroom based on which side the bed is on....so my side of the bed is closer to the sliding door! Hopefully there are others that would agree.

Does this chart exist?

Thanks!!

Perhaps others can respond, but all the cabins I have seen on both ships the couches are near the window, not beds. All the cabins, I think, have the same configuration, except the direction of the bed (and room) switches from head to port or head to stern in an alternating arrangement (to keep te plumbing together).

Someone please correct if they know differently. I do not know of any cabins on Azamara that have the bed near the window. I do know there is this arrangement occasionally on Celebrity and perhaps other ships.

Thanks leo178. Exactly...there is a sofa closer to the door. I'm just looking to know which side of the stateroom the bed and bathroom are on since you can't tell by looking at the deck plan.

No biggie....just was curious if there was a plan somewhere.

Thanks leo178. Exactly...there is a sofa closer to the door. I'm just looking to know which side of the stateroom the bed and bathroom are on since you can't tell by looking at the deck plan.

No biggie....just was curious if there was a plan somewhere.

If you go into azamaraclubcruises.com and act like you are booking a reservation and then choose your cabin, maybe you can see it there. It will give you an option to view the cabins available in the category you want. Everyone I've looked at, it looks like the bed is on the same side of the room, and as another posted said, the love seat is near the sliding glass doors. It gives you the dimensions as well.

Edited by midwestchick

What the OP is looking for is which side of the bed is closer to the veranda. Another way to look at it is whether the bed faces the stern or the bow. On the port side of the ship, if the bed faces the bow the left side of the bed (as you lay on it) is closer to the veranda. On the starboard side the right side of the bed is closer to the veranda if the bed faces the bow.

OP wants a stateroom where the side of the bed on which he or she sleeps is the side closer to the sofa or slider to the veranda, and this depends on which way the bed faces in the stateroom. I can understand this because I would like to be on the side closer to the bathroom as I can be a bit unsteady on my feet when getting up in the middle of the night. The only way we could find out when booking on board was to look at the staterooms. The beds are usually back-to-back but not always where there is some kind of bulkhead between staterooms.

I understand completely. We were lucky on both our cruises (in 6083 and 6074)

I sleep on the left and was closer to the bathroom both times. (So the right side of the bed was closer to the balcony.) For rooms that are back to back with these, the opposite would be the case.

Maybe UK tog's cabin thread could try to include this.

There ought to be such a chart, if one doesn't already exist. I'll look into it.

Personally I don't have a preference as to window or bathroom side, though DH definitely has a preference ;)

My quirk is I like to sail with my head towards the bow, rather than sailing feet first. Don't know how I developed this idiosyncrasy. I forgot about it though, and am boarding today in Copenhagen. I'll let you know...guess I have a 50/50 chance!

P.s. CC has asked me to post running commentary on my cruise. You'll find them under the thread with British Isles in the title. But do keep in mind I'm not a review writer nor critic. I tend to write human interest / memoir / first-person snippets. See my current blog on cruise line fragrances and the memories they trigger: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/connect-share/blog/fragrances-cruises-past/#more-2286

The following cabins have bed headboard toward the stern. 7014, 7026, 7065. All beds are near the door. Bathrooms are on the same side as the headboard. No real differences in the cabins. If you are in a connecting cabin, there is a chair instead of the sofa. The only cabins that I try to avoid are the ones on deck 7 near the laundry room.

The following cabins have bed headboard toward the stern. 7014, 7026, 7065. All beds are near the door. Bathrooms are on the same side as the headboard. No real differences in the cabins. If you are in a connecting cabin, there is a chair instead of the sofa. The only cabins that I try to avoid are the ones on deck 7 near the laundry room.

We are in 7084 and quite happy even tho near elevator and laundry. Rode smoothly during the North Sea crossing.

Bonnie

Hello from the North Seas ~

there doesn't seem to be a bed configuration chart handy, but it is being looked at as something to create.

For those of you wondering, the bed in our cabin 7084 has the headboard facing the bow :)

Oh Bonnie, you make say this. I'd much rather someone spend time getting the website more usable than having a chart that tells us which way the beds face. If it's anything like the other information and updates that are promised here then I'll guess at some time in 2018! Apologies for the sarcasm, but it's all a matter of priorities.

Phil

Oh Bonnie, you make say this. I'd much rather someone spend time getting the website more usable than having a chart that tells us which way the beds face. If it's anything like the other information and updates that are promised here then I'll guess at some time in 2018! Apologies for the sarcasm, but it's all a matter of priorities.

Phil

I agree wholeheartedly!!!!!!!

We all have different requests. Open up another thread asking for a website overhaul. No need to shoot mine down friends.

Agreed. There are already plenty of threads about Azamara's "legendary" website -- for all the good it has done. Hope you have better luck with this request! ;)

I wasn't shooting you down, but when Bonnie posts that she will look at creating a chart indicating which way the beds face I just think there is better use of the time. No harm in adding to the spreadsheet that uktog has devised, but it sounds very onerous to me.

Phil

PS, I like the bed facing the bow. If you want this avoid 8070, 8035 and 6016.

We all have different requests. Open up another thread asking for a website overhaul. No need to shoot mine down friends.

So sorry......I'm sure that was not intentional on my part or Phil's. Threads do get "hijacked" ocassionally....seems it's just the nature of forums sometimes.

I wish there was a way we could all go back and edit our cabin thread post, now that you've brought up the idea of it. We only have a very short time span that we can edit a post.

For the record, our cabin (think it was 6225), the head of the bed would have been facing the bow. It was a connecting cabin and did not have a loveseat and only a chair. One day I was on our verandah and I noticed the bed of the cabin to the right of us was the same way. No, I was not snooping but the drapes were open and we knew the two elderly ladies had gone out. We had passed them in the hall earlier, so I did peak in because I was curious.

Edited by midwestchick

I am also not hijacking this thread as others are concerned about.

Moving forwards,as the person who tries to keep the spreadsheet together I will now add a new column, facing aft or forward (bow) and people can include that info. If anyone can remember or can check pics for info from previous cruises, please post on the cabin sticky. Thanks Phil for doing so already I will update the sheet later thus week