How the Soda Package Works?

svcalum07

Yes, you get a cup. If you prepay, the cup gets delivered to your room and the sticker put on your card prior to boarding.

If you buy on the cruise you get the cup immediately and they put the sticker on at that time.

You don't need to have "that cup" to request something from the bar either. If you have it, they will refill it otherwise they will just use another glass to give you your soda fountain or mocktail drink.

Is there any price difference in the package if you wait until you board to purchase?

Is there any price difference in the package if you wait until you board to purchase?

Sorry to say, I don't know what the current policy is. In the past we've done both, prepay or on ship if we have OBC. At that time, there was no difference. Usually we prepay.

I would ask here what people have recently experienced

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to say, I don't know what the current policy is. In the past we've done both, prepay or on ship if we have OBC. At that time, there was no difference. Usually we prepay.

I would ask here what people have recently experienced

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

However the all inclusive drink package (alcohol, coffee, water) is cheaper is you prepay.

Thanks for the replies.

Can someone please tell me if you have to sign a bar tab each time you get a soda at the bar, if you have the soda package/sticker? Just off a cruise (RCI) that did not but have had to do so on another line (Carnival). Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can someone please tell me if you have to sign a bar tab each time you get a soda at the bar, if you have the soda package/sticker? Just off a cruise (RCI) that did not but have had to do so on another line (Carnival). Thanks!

We had the soda package on RCI and they barely even looked at the card, let alone paid any attention to how much soda you were guzzling.

We had the soda package on RCI and they barely even looked at the card, let alone paid any attention to how much soda you were guzzling.

I agree! Was so nice to grab it and go. I am an official "guzzler"!!

I was recently on the Grand, and when I asked for a fountain Diet Coke at the bar near the grill, it came in a huge plastic glass. Cost on my account was $1.78. I did buy the coffee card and the IC has some refreshing fruity drinks that I could get with a punch. And, I thought their iced or hot mochas were yummy!

Hello! New to Princess. We are looking to buy the unlimited soda package. How does it work?

When you walk into a buffet or quick service restaurant do you have to scan something to get your drinks?

Is it self serve?

Is it canned soda or fountain or both?

Do they offer a variety of soda?

Going on Golden, Alaska 2018

Thanks!

Go to any bar and get your soda there is no scanning.

They are fountain drinks, not cans. In the restaurants you tell the waiter what you want to drink and they go get it. Usually have to show your card with the sofa sticker on it. Usually coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite. Sometimes the bars have a variety of other drinks (in cans) such as caffeine free Diet Coke, but you have to ask and you still don't get the can. You will receive a drink cup but you don't have to use it. They will give you a glass.

They are fountain drinks, not cans. In the restaurants you tell the waiter what you want to drink and they go get it. Usually have to show your card with the sofa sticker on it. Usually coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite. Sometimes the bars have a variety of other drinks (in cans) such as caffeine free Diet Coke, but you have to ask and you still don't get the can. You will receive a drink cup but you don't have to use it. They will give you a glass.

Sodas that are only available in cans are not included in the Soda & More package. Diet Sprite is canned and thus outside the package. And if you have ever seen Caffeine Free Diet Coke on a Princess ship, you are quite unique (or were hallucinating).

I have been on other cruise lines and have been able to get some canned drinks with their soda package. If they had it, Like the random CF Diet Coke, you could have it. They still don't give you the can but will open in and put in a glass. I thought I had been able to do so on Princess but guess not. Too bad since they have them.

• 1 month later...
Will be sailing on Sapphire next May - first time on Princess. Are the mocktails available all day and at all venues on board? Not keen on coke, pepsi etc but do like mocktails.

Lynne

Available all day and should be at all bars.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk