How the Soda Package Works?

svcalum07

Hello! New to Princess. We are looking to buy the unlimited soda package. How does it work?

When you walk into a buffet or quick service restaurant do you have to scan something to get your drinks?

Is it self serve?

Is it canned soda or fountain or both?

Do they offer a variety of soda?

Going on Golden, Alaska 2018

Thanks!

Hello! New to Princess. We are looking to buy the unlimited soda package. How does it work?

When you walk into a buffet or quick service restaurant do you have to scan something to get your drinks?

Is it self serve?

Thanks!

Sticker on the cruise card.

Just show the card to your server.

Fountain/bar gun only.

Cans are not included.

No self service on Princess.

Is it self serve?

Thanks!

Keep in mind that beverages from the Fountain/bar gun does not taste as good as a beverage from a can.

Thanks! Do they offer like a reusable cup that you can use or do they just give you a cup?

Yes, you get a cup. If you prepay, the cup gets delivered to your room and the sticker put on your card prior to boarding.

If you buy on the cruise you get the cup immediately and they put the sticker on at that time.

You don't need to have "that cup" to request something from the bar either. If you have it, they will refill it otherwise they will just use another glass to give you your soda fountain or mocktail drink.

I recommend getting the soda package prior to boarding as you can go to any bar as soon as you are on the ship and no forms to fill out, no waiting to process your payment. My kids don't drink soda, but love the mocktails and juices. Key West Cooler is a favorite!

I recommend getting the soda package prior to boarding as you can go to any bar as soon as you are on the ship and no forms to fill out, no waiting to process your payment. My kids don't drink soda, but love the mocktails and juices. Key West Cooler is a favorite!

FYI...I have gone to a bar & they put the sticker on my card right there. Easy/Peary.

Tom😎

Ummmmmm....this would be your opinion. Some of us prefer the Fountain soda... just sayin' .. ;p

The soda and more package can also be used for milkshakes.

:cool:

No more milkshakes. Just pop, mocktails and hot chocolate.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

No kidding? Wow....when did that change? Just had it on the Coral in February. Not a big deal for me...only allowed myself one per cruise...but good to know.....

:(

Was on the Crown last 2 weeks of June and wife was unable to get them then.

On the Golden last week milkshakes were available with the USM package they still had free soft serve ice cream. On the ships without free ice cream there are no free shakes with the USM package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had free soft serve ice cream on the Crown, but no milkshakes. Milkshakes were available, but at extra cost.

We had free soft serve ice cream on the Crown, but no milkshakes. Milkshakes were available, but at extra cost.

Interesting, They were included with the package on the Crown in March 2017. Must be a recent change, and apparently not yet fleet wide.

No more milkshakes. Just pop, mocktails and hot chocolate.

I just looked at the Personalizer for one of my upcoming cruises and sure enough the description for the soda and more package no longer mentions milkshakes.

I just looked at the Personalizer for one of my upcoming cruises and sure enough the description for the soda and more package no longer mentions milkshakes.

The listing for milkshakes was removed from the description of the Soda and More package more than two years ago as Royal Princess, and subsequently Regal and Majestic, do not offer milkshakes at all. Neither does Pacific, nor apparently the Aussie ships that now have only upcharge items at their ice cream bars.

But it has been common knowledge to this point that on the ships that offer milk shakes they have remained covered by the Soda and More package even though no longer evinced in writing. The reports above from Crown Princess are the first that I have read of being refused a milkshake when flashing the card.

• 1 month later...
I know that you can't share the package but if we purchased one for our daughter (14) would I be able to approach a bar and get her a drink with her card?

She doesn't like going up to bars and, to be quite honest, I'm quite happy to keep it that way!!

I think the servers would understand. I don't think our kids (12 and 17) would probably be comfortable approaching a bar either.