Management shake up?

spinnaker2

Thanks for sharing Candy, David (EnglishUSA) let Craig and I know about an hour ago as well. Tho,have not been able to find any open source media coverage on this personnel change yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing Candy, David (EnglishUSA) let Craig and I know about an hour ago as well. Tho,have not been able to find any open source media coverage on this personnel change yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here a link to an external source.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/15779-roberto-martinoli-named-chief-executive-officer-of-silversea.html

Appreciate these postings and questions from Candy and other experienced Silversea customers. My first big question was about what happened to Enzo Visone? I did some Google searching and found that his prime background was in the international beverage business and finance. Nice??!! But what about the cruise business and understand its unique challenges and operational aspects? Then I found through that Google search this posting from the Cruise Critic board about Enzo Vision's original hiring:

From a CC's SS Board Feb. 2010 Posting:

Finance vs. Customer Service/Quality???

It sounds like his background is all about "money management". Does he know anything about and/or care/understand about the hospitality business where CUSTOMER SERVICE is so vital? Part of what got General Motors in trouble was having Harvard MBA's whose experience was narrowly in finance trying to run a car company. Customers care about the "product" and the quality/value for what they are actually getting. Does this guy understand about this unique Silversea product and how upscale customers can sense quickly if the quality is being trimmed or compromised?

The poster of these above points/questions happens to have been me. I kind of consider myself to be somewhat correct after six and a half years that "things" did not work out too well with this early 2010 hiring. Sounds like the family owners of Silversea made a mistake and decided to go back to someone with more cruise experience, etc. Kind of sad!! But, we are just customers??!! What do we know?

Candy summed things up very well with: "We just be the passengers on the ride."

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 42,507 views for these postings.

Could it be somewhat bewildering to see so many glorified titles, executive presidents and executive chairmen, etc. To us ordinary passengers, plain attendants, the ones who actually do the work will be quite sufficient .. meow!

Isn't it truly amazing how incestuous this cruise business is?

It's as if every so often many of the players shift.

Not a public corporation, so no accountability except to Mr. Lefebre.

I would submit my cv if I knew where to send it.

I have some forward looking ideas too.

:-)

• 8 months later...

I do remember you are on the opera cruise, looking forward to seeing you...maybe we can have another special dinner together?

It's a short cruise.

I replied on the other thread as well. Don't forget to make dinner reservations, it's 120 days now.

Hi stumble foot

The original post initiating the thread is fairly old.

Englishusa was using it as a vehicle to communicate with me regarding our reunion of the unstoppable trivia team.

I think management shakeup did occur rather than early retirement, but it's just speculation on my part. I am not privy to inside info!

:-)