Caribbean in July

Ramekin40

Hi, I'm looking for advise regarding doing a cruise for our 25 th anniversary July next year. we're just back after doing our 1st ever cruise round Croatia and Greek Islands on Vision which we thoroughly enjoyed but when it comes to the Caribbean we really have no idea where to start. I would love to know your thoughts on that time of year and where you would love to visit or have visited in the summer months. Hope you guys can help a first timer like me

Thank you

Angie

Just done the Caribbean this year we did from Manchester to Orlando in July first night in hotel then we got the ship in port canaveral we did coco-cay, st marrtan, st Thomas, grand cayman,Roatan, Cozumel, costa maya The weather was superb we had one shower in Mexico lasted about 20 minutes we were on the Royal Caribbean freedom of the seas if you're thinking of doing it I would highly recommend it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Angie -

I think we have cruised or taken a land vacation in every month of the year, and the Caribbean (and Europe) in summer are HOT! As long as you know this and are prepared for it, you should manage okay. Take bottled water with you into ports, use good sunblock, and it should be manageable. We always like to go to the beach in ports - we love swimming in the ocean.

Did you enjoy Royal Caribbean? There are larger ships than Vision for the Caribbean, if you are interested. You could have a travel agent search this for you, or simply go to the RCI website, plug in your dates and destination, and see the choices.

Happy Anniversary. :)

I do not find the Caribbean in summer to be as hot as my home in GA, nor as hot as the Greek islands, Kusadasi, etc. Your cruise line choices in Summer as not as broad as they would be in winter, but still, you will have Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Disney, NCL, MSC Divina, and Celebrity will have Equinox in the Caribbean next summer. I suggest you research the islands in the Caribbean and make a list of some you would like to visit. then go to http://www.cruisetimetables.com and see who is calling there. Choosing islands from the Ports of Call list will tell you who is calling and their itineraries. You can also use the Departure ports to find ships and their itineraries. EM

There will be many experienced CC folks to advise you. But my first thought is, Wow! It will be sooooooo hot in July in the Caribbean. And of course, schools out so that increases the number of kids on board. Which if you have kids, it's great! The more the merrier and more fun in the kids clubs. Also need to be okay with cruising during hurricane season.

But hey, I get it! Some of us have to travel whenever we can. But if I could choose when to go to the Caribbean, I would be less likely to choose July.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by rittsail

Hi Angie -

I think we have cruised or taken a land vacation in every month of the year, and the Caribbean (and Europe) in summer are HOT! As long as you know this and are prepared for it, you should manage okay. Take bottled water with you into ports, use good sunblock, and it should be manageable. We always like to go to the beach in ports - we love swimming in the ocean.

Did you enjoy Royal Caribbean? There are larger ships than Vision for the Caribbean, if you are interested. You could have a travel agent search this for you, or simply go to the RCI website, plug in your dates and destination, and see the choices.

Happy Anniversary. :)

Thank you Karen

I was wondering whether July was going to be too warm but hubby keen to go as its our anniversary but may put it off till September. I thoroughly enjoyed RC. We are booked on the Norwegian Epic next May and taking our son so not sure how I'll feel on a larger ship

There will be many experienced CC folks to advise you. But my first thought is, Wow! It will be sooooooo hot in July in the Caribbean. And of course, schools out so that increases the number of kids on board. Which if you have kids, it's great! The more the merrier and more fun in the kids clubs. Also need to be okay with cruising during hurricane season.

But hey, I get it! Some of us have to travel whenever we can. But if I could choose when to go to the Caribbean, I would be less likely to choose July.

I think I'm going to rethink July, I really liked our cruise in September as there were few kids, don't get me wrong I like kids as I have 3 of my own but it is nice not to have them everywhere you turn. Thanks for advise

I think I'm going to rethink July, I really liked our cruise in September as there were few kids, don't get me wrong I like kids as I have 3 of my own but it is nice not to have them everywhere you turn. Thanks for advise

Yes, all true points. We love children and have two of our own, but it is nice to travel somewhere and have fewer small children. September is a beautiful month to cruise or for a land vacation - cooler yet still amazing weather, fewer tourists in ports, and fewer children for a few weeks until Thanksgiving break.

Compared to New Jersey, the Caribbean is not too hot; I assume compared to where you are the Caribbean is too hot year round. Consider cruising from Puerto Rico if you want a port intensive itinerary. I don't know if any of the European lines depart from other islands at that time of year, but that's another possibility.

Waiting until September increases your chances of being involved with tropical storms.

Besides the heat, (which I love), one has to consider the possibility of serious storms, especially later in the month. Few cruises get cancelled but they can be rerouted and tender ports can be iffy. Those sensitive to motion may also find the seas a little rougher.

The Caribbean is HOT all year round....that doesn't include Bahamas or Bermuda...they are NOT Caribbean islands!

Otherwise...it's hot in July (and humid)...and hot and humid all through the spring/summer/fall months. Winter will be hot..might not be so humid...but it could be!

I'm glad the correct police are her. Sorry I called Bermuda Carribean. It is South Atlantic Islands.

The temps in the Carribean average the same as Atlanta but that's according to the Weather Service , not me.

http://www.caribeez.com/weather/article/average-caribbean-temperatures

Edited by WupperAV

Caribbean+July= heat and kids, no doubt.

Caribbean+September=heat still and more chance of tropical storms

We are doing our second December Caribbean cruise. Around second week of December prices are down, tropical storm season over, few kids, less heat but still hot, if its already cold where you are then its a break from that. Nice time off before Christmas hustle. Just a thought. Of course I am from New Orleans and the heat there is worse than most of the stops if you go in July.

I confuse everything. I'm old and forgetful and isnt the Carribean one of the states?

Part of the United States?! Lol, no. There are islands that are territories of the US, like San Juan and the Virgin Islands. Is that what you mean? But none are on of the 50 states in the US.

Thank you Karen

I was wondering whether July was going to be too warm but hubby keen to go as its our anniversary but may put it off till September. I thoroughly enjoyed RC. We are booked on the Norwegian Epic next May and taking our son so not sure how I'll feel on a larger ship

There is almost no difference in Caribbean weather between July and September. If anything, the seawater temperature might be a shade warmer in September, and there is a somewhat higher chance of a hurricane in September (still very low probability). The major difference is that there will be fewer school age children on board in September.

There is almost no difference in Caribbean weather between July and September. If anything, the seawater temperature might be a shade warmer in September, and there is a somewhat higher chance of a hurricane in September (still very low probability). The major difference is that there will be fewer school age children on board in September.

This advice is quite right.

My first two cruises were late July and I don't recall the weather being a factor at all during either one of them.

To add a personal weather memory from my first cruise: 1970, S. S. Rotterdam anchored in Bermuda's Great Sound, my first cruise port of call: we had to take a Bermuda tender to Hamilton that had little covered area. En route to shore, the sky opened up! Having to be on the open deck, I was thoroughly drenched all the way to my underwear:eek:. Once ashore, the Sun returned and within a short time, I was completely dry and comfortable:D. It was one of many favorite travel memories:D:D:D!