My back to back review of Silhouette

Patrick IL.

We are booked on the July 3 cruise, and have cabin 1062. I wondered if anyone could tell me if this is a good location, or if we should try to move. I prefer that our cabin be in a quiet location, even if it means we are further from the elevators....thanks so much!

I was just reading LibraryLady19's amazing cabin spreadsheet.

The comments on 1062 summarize it as "very quiet" and highly recommended.

Norris

We love the Silhouette and hopefully in 3 months, we will be on her for the 3rd time in 3 years (hat-trick!) The Mast Grill is indeed brilliant and my wife loves the vegetarian burgers too, while I munch down on their awesome beef burgers! Can't wait!

maggiespack, the S class cabin reviews are stuck at the top of this page. These cruises we tended to hang out on the deck above the pool, find a some shade, take a nap or relax. One thing we noticed that was new is they had a drink server going around pushing a cart with beer and water on ice. Brilliant!

Hi, Patrick! Thanks for your review. The Silhouette in 2012 was our 2nd Celebrity cruise and our first Solstice-class ship, and we really enjoyed it. We were on the Solstice 20 months later, and now I'm spoiled by the S-class ships. I'll look forward to moving an onboard cruise booking to something else in the not-too-distant future. :)

I know Nancy, its addicting. We have 2 more booked for the next two Februarys, both on Equinox.

It's great that you'll have those cruises to look forward to!

We're going on a Princess South America cruise in late Feb. 2016, so we'll probably wait until 2017 for our next Celebrity cruise.

It's great that you'll have those cruises to look forward to!

We're going on a Princess South America cruise in late Feb. 2016, so we'll probably wait until 2017 for our next Celebrity cruise.

Nice! We have not gotten that adventurous yet, Mexican Riv, Alaska, the canal, a lot of Caribbean, west coast wine cruise.

Great review. We are on Silhouette in Dec and really looking forward to it.

Do you have any pictures of the ship you can post? I need pictures for my laptop wallpaper slide show that I always do before we cruise.

Glad you had a great time and really glad about your comment on the waiters for drinks. On Enchantment last weekend, the pool servers were pretty much non-existent. As a result, the bars were slammed with people trying to get drinks.

We are considering a b2b on the Silhouette. Were you able to keep the same room for both weeks?

We have been on the Silhoutte and loved her and the staff!

Thank you for taking the time to review your cruise!

Edited by dcruisers

Thanks for a nice review Patrick. Agree that Clifford Bay is good, but my favorite is Honig, not available in all bars. Very good.

Can you elaborate a bit on the entertainment around the ship? Is there a trio, a guitarist? Anyone not to miss? Thanks so much.

My wife and I are booked on Celebrity Silhouette in May to Baltics. Never sailed Celebrity before and was quite apprehensive however all these fabulous comments and posts have settled any doubts! Now cannot wait and really appreciate reading everyone's views .Guess there will not be too many Scottish on board so lots of room at the bar!

Another thank you for the review. We will be on Silhouette in the Baltic this June. And Feb '16 we will be on her again doing the same B2B you did. Right now I'm looking for a '17 winter getaway that hits some islands we haven't seen, the 14 day out of Miami on Equinox (I think). We'll probably book it on board while we're in the Baltic. After this winter I think we'll be doing the Caribbean every year. Like you we've been there so often now that we may not even leave the ship at some ports.

Sorry for the delay, work has been pretty crazy since I returned. I'll answer some questions...

Do you have any pictures of the ship you can post? I need pictures for my laptop wallpaper slide show that I always do before we cruise. No we really did not take a lot of pictures, but I'm sure if you go to Google images and search for the ship you will find plenty.

Were you able to keep the same room for both weeks? Yes we were. We did a B to B on Connie last year, but had to switch rooms. This was so nice, you did not have to pack up all your stuff for housekeeping to move. We had the same cabin guys both legs.

Can you elaborate a bit on the entertainment around the ship? Is there a trio, a guitarist? Anyone not to miss? There was a guitarist Danny Rodriguez, he was outstanding. There was a duo, It's 5 o'clock somewhere, they were very good too. Both of these performers also did a matinee with the Celebrity Orchestra which is not to be missed. The house band the vibes was ok, just ok. Don't miss mask in the foyer.

If you could only choose one - the east or west sailing - and would be going around Feb/March, in your opinion, which is best and why?

We have favorite ports on each one, and some not so favorites. On the Western we love Cozumel, we go to a private resort everytime we visit. We also like Labadee, but we not able to port there this time due to 10' swells. On the eastern we love San Juan, always wish the stop could be longer to enjoy the city. Our absolute favorite port in the Caribbean is Philipsburg St. Maarten :) I think weighing the two I would pick the Eastern leg. We always cruise in Feb for two reasons, our anniversary and to get out of Chicago in Feb!

Where can I find this cabin spreadsheet? It is "stuck" at the top of this forum

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

We have favorite ports on each one, and some not so favorites. On the Western we love Cozumel, we go to a private resort everytime we visit. We also like Labadee, but we not able to port there this time due to 10' swells. On the eastern we love San Juan, always wish the stop could be longer to enjoy the city. Our absolute favorite port in the Caribbean is Philipsburg St. Maarten I think weighing the two I would pick the Eastern leg. We always cruise in Feb for two reasons, our anniversary and to get out of Chicago in Feb!

Thank you...so very helpful. Was leaning towards Eastern and your comments definitely swayed me.

Hi Patrick.

Bob and Christine from Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA. Thinking of doing a Caribbean Cruise in the near future. Like the look of the Silhouette. Just wondering if you could fill us in with all the ports you visited during the Back to Back. We need a 14 day cruise at least as travelling such a long way from Australia to get there By the way, where does the ship embark from ?????.

My suggestion would be to book a 14-day cruise rather than a B2B. Why? On the second leg of the journey all of the activities will be repeated. On a 14 day, you will have more variety, not to mention not wasting a couple of days in the home port during the turnaround.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Patrick.

Thank you so much for the info. Glad you enjoyed the company of the guys from Perth. We are from the Gold Coast, Queensland. Just looked at those two cruises and we think the 2nd one from Miami on the eclipse may be better for us. I also saw you can include Bonaire and we love snorkelling.

Thanks so much.

Cheers bob.

Hey, Bob,

Years ago I had a friend from Queensland who quoted from what she said was a very famous poem. I have searched on line for it, and I've asked many Aussies if they were familiar with it. No luck, so I'll try you. I think I'm quoting it correctly, but it's been 35 years or so.

"Bleary eyes and blistered feet,

Stomach out of order.

Empty swag and bott'l bag,

We crossed the Queensland border."