Wine list and bottle prices?

Hambagahle

We bought most of the wine we drank just after boarding from the Sommlier. They have "Wine Sales" and Premium Wines also which will allow you to buy wine not on the standard lists. I think it changes so frequently the list would not be helpful.

Edited by ChatKat in Ca.

Kathy,

When did you do that? I have the impression that you can't buy wines in that fashion anymore. They have a package of 7 wines that you can buy which is very different from what we did on Marina in Nov '13 and May '14.

I myself would prefer the wine sales that we got when we boarded, but no one asked me.

I could be wrong!

Mura

That's the answer. I think the change came in the last 6 months or so. Certainly we could buy wines at the "sale" in November 2013. I don't think I tried to do so on our May/June 2014 cruise. I THINK it was after we came home from that 2014 cruise that I saw the notices that the system had changed.

Mura

The reason I ask is because we have quite an OBC and I think the Spa prices are vastly inflated and do not want to "subsidize" Canyon Ranch's already huge profits... and we have the Premium Beverage package as well. So I thought that ordering some additional nice bottles of wine once on board would come in handy for any entertaining we might do in our suite... I am not sure what else to spend the OBC on. Last time we ended up buying about $75 worth of advil in the shop (can't get Advil at home) to use up remaining credit.

The reason I ask is because we have quite an OBC and I think the Spa prices are vastly inflated and do not want to "subsidize" Canyon Ranch's already huge profits... and we have the Premium Beverage package as well. So I thought that ordering some additional nice bottles of wine once on board would come in handy for any entertaining we might do in our suite... I am not sure what else to spend the OBC on. Last time we ended up buying about $75 worth of advil in the shop (can't get Advil at home) to use up remaining credit.

Gerry, you could hold off buying the Beverage Package until boarding and pay using your OBC. That should use up all of your OBC quickly. And if you've already paid for the package, simply cancel it, get your credit and use the OBC. Win Win!!

Edited by rallydave

• 2 weeks later...
Gerry, you could hold off buying the Beverage Package until boarding and pay using your OBC. That should use up all of your OBC quickly. And if you've already paid for the package, simply cancel it, get your credit and use the OBC. Win Win!!

That's what we are doing. We don't have a ton of OBC, but since we have free internet and pre-paid gratuities, I'm not sure what else we'd need it for other than, perhaps, a massage. So, we'll wait until we board to get our beverage packages and use what we have on that.

How about buying a nice Swiss watch :D :D :D

Funny Paulchili !!! Well done... Obviously I already have several nice Swiss watches. Have a nice Swiss daughter and nice Swiss grandchildren not to mention nice Swiss husband as well!!!!:):)

That's what we are doing. We don't have a ton of OBC, but since we have free internet and pre-paid gratuities, I'm not sure what else we'd need it for other than, perhaps, a massage. So, we'll wait until we board to get our beverage packages and use what we have on that.

The boutique has some little items you can waste some OBC on. I like sunglasses so on the last couple of trips I've come home with a new pair of Persols & a new pair of Maui Jims. My wife got one of those big Alviero Martini bags with the maps on them. It's all retail price but if it's free money and if you're not going to spend it on anything else then it's fun to get something you might not otherwise.

Of course the jewelry store has some nice stuff also.

ORV - the on board Boutiques are not my kind of shops. I can't use non-prescription sunglasses for a start and I really hate the jewelry they have... I think our OBC will go on drink and laundry!! But thanks for the suggestion anyway!

ahhh...a woman after my own heart....not my kind of shops either

If source of OBC is the TA then they may be refundable in cash. If from cruise line then you need to spend it. We have used them for corkage on wine we brought on board, 6 containers of sunblock, and last but not least bingo cards. Actually according to my spouse the spa prices on some treatments are comparable to onshore facilities.

If source of OBC is the TA then they may be refundable in cash. If from cruise line then you need to spend it. We have used them for corkage on wine we brought on board, 6 containers of sunblock, and last but not least bingo cards. Actually according to my spouse the spa prices on some treatments are comparable to onshore facilities.

Some of it is from our TA I think. Will check once we get on board. And do you pay corkage on wine you bring on board and drink in your stateroom?? Or is the corkage only on wine you take into the restaurants?

Spa prices? I checked their list - everything seems about 50% more expensive than we pay here in Switzerland and that is saying something!

Edited by Hambagahle

We bought the 7 bottle package and thoroughly enjoyed our selections. They will even change a bottle for you if you particularly like one of your selections. Will most likely do the same in May on Regatta.

Some of it is from our TA I think. Will check once we get on board. And do you pay corkage on wine you bring on board and drink in your stateroom?? Or is the corkage only on wine you take into the restaurants?

Spa prices? I checked their list - everything seems about 50% more expensive than we pay here in Switzerland and that is saying something!

Corkage is paid on wine you take to bars or restaurants, not consumed in the stateroom.

. And do you pay corkage on wine you bring on board and drink in your stateroom?? Or is the corkage only on wine you take into the restaurants?

Just the wine consumed anywhere but your stateroom. No corkage for the wine consumed in the room -- unless you want the sommelier to uncork it :)

Edited by PaulMCO