What did you find worth buying in Bermuda?

GrandmaHofmann

Anything crafty? Something unique? And, by the way, are the beaches really pink enough to call them pink?

There is a very nice craft market at the Dockyard. You will have to decide if there is anything unique. Definitely worth checking out. Also at the Dockyard there is a glassworks. They blow the glass there and I have seen a lot of nice pieces.

To me the beaches on the South Shore, Warwick to Horseshoe look pink from the distance. Right on the beach looking down it is harder to see. YMMV. Whether you can perceive the pink or not those beaches are drop dead gorgeous.

We bought my mother-in-law some beautiful earrings made by Alexandra Mosher at Harbour Nights (she has a shop in Hamilton, too). Her jewelry incorporates Bermuda's pink sand (yes, you can tell it's pink!) into pendants, earrings, bracelets, etc - it's really pretty stuff and definitely unique to the island. We also picked up a couple of flavours of Chiko's Smokey Rubs after sampling them (again at Harbour Nights). We liked the Original and Spicy Fusion flavours so much that we asked friends to get us more when they cruised to Bermuda last year! I have also picked up some nice samplers made by the Bermuda perfumery - you definitely can't get those anywhere else. You'll always find something unique if you look hard enough for it!

In my earlier years of marrage when we would fly to Bermuda for week or even long weekend such as Memorial Day, i someitmes bought English bone china lovely service dishes for cakes,muffins, etc, tea cups and some prretty vases I'm now at the poin i I'm getting rid of all that. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We have gotten some really nice hand made pottery at a store at the Dockyard. I love my noodle bowls and use them anytime I make Asian food!

We have also bought some nice sea glass jewelry in St George's at a cute little shop where she makes it all herself.

Anything crafty? Something unique? And, by the way, are the beaches really pink enough to call them pink?

TOKEN's

A Bermuda token is worth buying.

Bus/ ferry token's @ $4.50 save you 50 cents per ride.

A Bermuda token is rather unique:cool:

A token will get you to a pink sand beach for you to judge. ;)

i bought a postcard and mailed it back to the states, i love when people do that on their trips. got a guy from work to do it from thailand. we all collect something different.

the cheaper glass stuff at the dockyard was nice, i couldnt justify spending 100 or more for a plate.

We have also bought some nice sea glass jewelry in St George's at a cute little shop where she makes it all herself.

My wife went to that shop when we were there. Not terribly expensive, either. We also hit the perfumery in St. George.

During our 2013 visit, we visited the Bermuda Perfumery in St. George and bought bottles of cologne and cologne samplers (for both my boyfriend and me) and scented bars of soap (as gifts for friends and family). The sales clerk advised that if we wanted to buy more, one of the shops in the Dockyard carries their products. We didn't make it to the Dockyard but did find their products in one of the shops on Front St. (the main waterfront shopping street) in Hamilton.

Josiane

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are in Hamilton, on Front Street there is a Lili Bermuda shop that sells perfume and cologne unique to Bermuda. I think they have been in bermuda since the 30's or 40's. Definitely worth the stop.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

dont forget to go to the supermarket. i love finding new candy/chips etc that they may not have at home. in hamilton it's a pretty nice store. amazing the prices. 30 for a case of soda seems like NCL buys their water there :)