Silly Key Card Question

MadMarine

O.K. I don't want to argue, but I have always had a gold card? How is that? Just curious.

I was going by the SSS colors and UUNetBill's comment in his review thread:

"On a side note, we hit Gold this trip and upon check-in we got smiles, congratulations, and our shiny gold key cards…but our parents should have hit Silver on this cruise but they were issued Bronze cards."

O.K. I don't want to argue, but I have always had a gold card? How is that? Just curious.

I'm assuming you're Gold? Maybe this is a recent change and you've been Gold since it was started? I just know that for the last 8 years we've had a stripe along the edge of our key cards that corresponded to our SSS color...

I suppose we should all start wearing our key cards around our necks so everybody knows what color we are. Not that it matters anyway, does it?:D

It only matters for the SSS perks - my in-laws went silver on our last cruise and were entitled to a hour of phone time. Regent lost one of their cruises and they were only bronze. If I hadn't noticed their key cards I wouldn't have known about the cruise missing from their profile and they probably would have been billed for their phone time. They may have noticed it later, they may not have.