Does the ship provide bottled water to take on SS excursions?

Lois R

Hi folks:)....question about water and tours. Is bottled water provided for guests who are taking SS excursions? I take meds

and was wondering if bottled water is supplied?......

Hi folks:)....question about water and tours. Is bottled water provided for guests who are taking SS excursions? I take meds and was wondering if bottled water is supplied?......

YES! That's my re-call from recent Silversea cruises from a year ago in South Africa, plus for early 2015 in doing the Amazon River and Caribbean. Keep it coming with the good questions.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 31,911 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Hi Terry, thanks.......good to know:)....getting old can be a real PITA........:eek:...but that will be a big help. I need to take

certain meds on a empty stomach so mid morning is the best time and on port days I will be off ship at those times.

There is always plenty at the gangway. Chilled or not, as you prefer. Also umbrellas, sometimes plastic ponchos if the weather if bad. We would sometimes take a bottle or two of the chilled water back to the cabin, as I liked it better than the carafes of water that were in our fridge.

There is always plenty at the gangway. Chilled or not, as you prefer. Also umbrellas, sometimes plastic ponchos if the weather if bad. We would sometimes take a bottle or two of the chilled water back to the cabin, as I liked it better than the carafes of water that were in our fridge.

This is also my experience, though using the small cool bag we bring away, we always took 4 cans of soda with us from our fridge.

On our last trip 2 months ago. We docked parallel to the new Regent ship in St Lucia. Whist sitting on the balcony it was noticeable that silversea guests were greeted before getting on the ship on the red carpet and marquee in place to offer shade. Looking over to the Explorer, no shade, no red carpet, no water and no one to greet as the guests joined the long queue to get back on board.

Only little things, but they all add up to make it an enjoyable vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is also my experience, though using the small cool bag we bring away, we always took 4 cans of soda with us from our fridge.

On our last trip 2 months ago. We docked parallel to the new Regent ship in St Lucia. Whist sitting on the balcony it was noticeable that silversea guests were greeted before getting on the ship on the red carpet and marquee in place to offer shade. Looking over to the Explorer, no shade, no red carpet, no water and no one to greet as the guests joined the long queue to get back on board.

Only little things, but they all add up to make it an enjoyable vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Les:) yes it is a nice touch for sure. I normally sail with Celebrity and even as a Mass market line, they have

water set up outside, cold wash cloths and a shaded area for guests as well.......definitely a plus:)