Grand Cayman help

miss tea

Can you just walk around Grand Cayman and find stuff to do or do you need an excursion? I like beach and city tours. If I don't have to take an excursion and can find things to do on my own I will. I found something on the crystal caves but not sure how to get there. Any ideas

Can you just walk around Grand Cayman and find stuff to do or do you need an excursion? I like beach and city tours. If I don't have to take an excursion and can find things to do on my own I will. I found something on the crystal caves but not sure how to get there. Any ideas

Very easy and cheap port to do a taxi. Walk right outside the pier and ask a taxi to take you to calico jacks.Its a nice little bar on the beach, you can rent chairs or not and they have clean bathrooms and pretty good food and drinks if you want something. Always taxis waiting as well to take you back to the port. You'll thank me later :)

After you tender over to Grand Cayman you will find booths for shore excursions. The cost of the Crystal Caves was $65.00 pp as of 5/1/2017. I went and it was gorgeous. Be sure to pack sneakers if this is what you want to do.

Or, simply grab a bus and go to 7 mile beach. Again, you will see the bus drivers holding signs, no need for an excursion. Cost was $5.00 pp each way. When you get there you can rent loungers and umbrellas for $15.00, or there are cabanas (public w/ picnic tables) to cool off under. Also, Calico Jacks is right next door.

Great conch and frozen drinks.

Hope this helps and have fun!!!:)

If you like to snorkel or dive, just walk around to Eden Rock (blue building). No beach, stairs to get in water. No charge to enter water there. You can rent snorkel gear and a locker or bring your own. If you like to dive, they have a guide.

After you tender over to Grand Cayman you will find booths for shore excursions. The cost of the Crystal Caves was $65.00 pp as of 5/1/2017. I went and it was gorgeous. Be sure to pack sneakers if this is what you want to do.

Or, simply grab a bus and go to 7 mile beach. Again, you will see the bus drivers holding signs, no need for an excursion. Cost was $5.00 pp each way. When you get there you can rent loungers and umbrellas for $15.00, or there are cabanas (public w/ picnic tables) to cool off under. Also, Calico Jacks is right next door.

Great conch and frozen drinks.

Hope this helps and have fun!!!:)

Are you talking about actual busses or taxi vans? Last time we were there taxi to calico jacks was $5 or $6.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

If you like to snorkel or dive, just walk around to Eden Rock (blue building). No beach, stairs to get in water. No charge to enter water there. You can rent snorkel gear and a locker or bring your own. If you like to dive, they have a guide.

I highly recommend this if snorkeling is your thing. Absolutely no reason to pay for any transportation or tours although I'd suggest spending a little money with the dive shop. Rent their gear, by a soda or rent a locker.

I highly recommend this if snorkeling is your thing. Absolutely no reason to pay for any transportation or tours although I'd suggest spending a little money with the dive shop. Rent their gear, by a soda or rent a locker.

Would this be something someone who has never snorkeled before can do or just for those with experience?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It will probably just be my kids who are 21, 27, and 29. I think I will pass since I have always hated to be under water. They are so so swimmers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We used the public bus and explored the island ourselves and then we also did a stingray city tour with Moby Dick Tours. They were great! If you explore the island on your own, we went to cemetery beach. You get dropped off in front of a cemetery, walk along side the cemetery and come out to a really nice beach. The water was beautiful and we could see our ship.