Mints on Pillow?

JZenkow

This is a big issue for my daughter, Does Carnival(Splendor) leave a chocolate mint on the pillow?

I have not been on Splendor. However, on every Carnival cruiseship I've been on we have had a chocolate included at turndown with the Funtimes.

It's a chocolate candy square.... It's waxy in my opinion.

I usually bring a box of Andes mints and switch them out for hubby

And whatever is left over...I will turn down our bed when we get home and leave him a mint... He gets a kick out of it

I rarely eat them while aboard the ship. Save them, and eat them at my leisure while watching T.V. at home. That reminds me of my many voyages, and perhaps that's why they taste so much better lately? ;) Just a bit of paradise, here at the house. :cool:

"SKY"

I rarely eat them while aboard the ship. Save them, and eat them at my leisure while watching T.V. at home. That reminds me of my many voyages, and perhaps that's why they taste so much better lately? ;) Just a bit of paradise, here at the house. :cool:

"SKY"

Me too. :)

"SKY"

Me three. I didn't know they changed from mint to regular and just collected them and gave them away. Then I tasted one and it wasn't mint! The ones I've gotten are very good.

Me three. I didn't know they changed from mint to regular and just collected them and gave them away. Then I tasted one and it wasn't mint! The ones I've gotten are very good.

There was a thread a while back from a poster shakybeef (will never forget that name ). If the op searches for it, it had a lot of information and give and take in the pillow candy.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my iPhone

This is a big issue for my daughter, Does Carnival(Splendor) leave a chocolate mint on the pillow?

I am not concerned as to the "why" this is a big issue, I am just gathering the popcorn because I am dying to know what will happen if they do or don't leave the chocolate and if the mint or not part matters??? Will it be just a short pouting spurt, or will it be enough to cancel an entire cruise for say 8 to 10 people because of the result? Enough to switch cruise lines maybe? Like "how" big of an issue can this blow up to be? Inquiring minds want to know the results of said outcome and if you have video results that would be even better! :D

And no, I'm not knocking people for issues, I have plenty of my own, lol. I'm just dying to know how "big" of an issue this can get blown into. I am very curious how the story ends and it's a rainy day on a holiday so I have nothing better to do.

I've instructed my steward to leave a chili cheese dog with onions instead of the chocolate....we'll see if he earns his tip....

HAHAHAHA. Awesome.

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

On my Splendor cruise in October 2013 they left chocolate candies every night. The same cruise in April 2014 they did not leave the chocolate candies until the 4th night.

The first port of call we had was Port Canaveral so maybe they restocked the chocolates while we were in port.

"SKY"

I take them home too.

Save them for when I need a chocolate fix at home.

You know the ones where you search the kitchen for chocolate in any form?

They are pretty good then.

When you have been offered 20 different desserts a day the chocolate square is not so impressive.

On my Splendor cruise in October 2013 they left chocolate candies every night. The same cruise in April 2014 they did not leave the chocolate candies until the 4th night.

The first port of call we had was Port Canaveral so maybe they restocked the chocolates while we were in port.

Only somewhat related but during a behind the fun tour we were told they only restock in home ports.