*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

"Completed by spring 2015"?

Well, it's mid Oct 2014.... They'd better get started soon....... I figure since the Liberty doesn't sail from there until Nov 2015.... The Terminal improvements won't be completed until that time.... Just my .02 worth...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree. :cool:

Improvements will begin soon, and are to be completed by Liberty arrival .

Financing arrangements had to be completed on costs.

Improvements by the port are coming to terminal # 2.

I just hope the federal government customs and immigration

is working on a higher budget allocation for better staffing and better facilities and better computers and data base for

faster and efficient embarkation

And disembarkation.

And the port needs better terminal ingress egress and traffic patterns and control. Only one access with one lane one light is a nightmare . And it makes for many frustrated cruisers before or after their vacation!

It is Also an accident waiting to happen!

Avoid Harborside stay in i45 onto Broadway to 21st or 22nd left to terminal!!!!

Enjoy your cruises!!

Edited by ssb

Is the heavy handed actions by the Port of Galveston. They have added, on average an additional $64,000 tax burden on each of the private parking lots in order to drive them out of business.

Add to this, the fact that they have very creatively "altered" the traffic flow out of the terminal for arriving vehicles...forcing them west an additional one mile where they are greeted by one of Galveston's finest who controls the traffic flow...adding an extra 30 minutes to get to the private parking facilities...as punishment for exercising our right to CHOOSE who we are wiling to pay a parking fee to.

Anyone remember the old expression, "I am from the government, I am here to help you"??????????

This stinks!!!!

Is the heavy handed actions by the Port of Galveston. They have added, on average an additional $64,000 tax burden on each of the private parking lots in order to drive them out of business.

Add to this, the fact that they have very creatively "altered" the traffic flow out of the terminal for arriving vehicles...forcing them west an additional one mile where they are greeted by one of Galveston's finest who controls the traffic flow...adding an extra 30 minutes to get to the private parking facilities...as punishment for exercising our right to CHOOSE who we are wiling to pay a parking fee to.

Anyone remember the old expression, "I am from the government, I am here to help you"??????????

This stinks!!!!

Agreed :cool:

For our recent October 4th cruise, we had issues with the drop off lanes and traffic flow out of the terminal to park. The Port of Galveston is definitely not customer friendly. And, it's even worse for those trying to transfer from the airport!

Agreed :cool:

For our recent October 4th cruise, we had issues with the drop off lanes and traffic flow out of the terminal to park. The Port of Galveston is definitely not customer friendly. And, it's even worse for those trying to transfer from the airport!

On our Oct 12th sailing (Royal)... We used EZCruise Parking. They shuttled us right in... No issues. And departure was a breeze as well.... I know they are making it difficult for private lots.... But what in the world will they do when they are all closed? This makes no sense - at all. Unless they plan to BUY out all the private lots & use them... IDK. But will continue to use EZCruise as long as they are in business.... They are easy-peasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

GalvestonCamGuy (aka GCG) controlled them for a long time till he had to take a hiatus for family health issues.

Two others stepped up to help out, CamOp2 and TxCamTeam. They split up the sailings since it is a pretty stressful job making sure everyone stays happy. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Have friends disembarking today. Got a text on Thursday from them. Total of 38 minutes of sunshine the whole week, not sure about Friday or Saturday. But, not great weather. To add insult, they arrive home to brilliant sunshine!

EZCruise has added a feature, if you park and walk, you get a very reduced rate. This bypasses the tax the Port has placed on the private lots. I truly find the heavy hand of government to be oppressive. This is Texas, not NY or California or Illinois where they hammer private enterprise. This is Texas, where we are supposed to be able to take a risk, start a business and not have the government be public enemy Number One.

This stinks!!!!

I use Galv. Park n'Cruise and take Harborside to 28th to New Strand.

Will this no longer work?

Navigator has not turned yet, so this afternoon's sailaway should be interesting.

----------

My dad moved to Miami a few months ago, so I'm hoping to visit him sometime this January. My college has two weeks off after New Years to cram in a winter semester, and airfare to/from Fort Lauderdale is cheap then. Hoping to see ships there as well if I end up going.