All You Can Eat Lobster Night??

doc617

Someone told me about an All You Can Eat Lobster Night. Is this true? Does Carnival offer this to their cruisers? How can I find if it is and what night it will happen?

Anyone know the answer to this? Let me know. Thanks! :)

All You Can Eat Lobster Night sounds like something at a local buffet when the lobsters are just sitting there and you take as many as you want.

Lobster is on the menu amongst other items on the first elegant night in the main dining room. In theory, you can order as many plates as you want so I guess it is "all you can eat."

Edited by TheTravelista

It's not like you get a big plate of lobster. Each meal is plated separate, and will come with a small lobster tail and a couple shrimp. If you order two they may bring both at same time, wait till you finish the first and bring the second, or do like our waiter did and put in the order for the second one later. It was a half hour before we saw our second tail. Was a bit of a pain in the .......:rolleyes:

Yes you can have as much as you ask for. But don’t expect the same lobster taste as you can get from New England. I see you’re from Ma. Ship lobster is like can meat.

ITA. I was disappointed.

We always order 2 Lobster Tail Dinners which also includes the shrimp.

We've had not so good lobster tails on occasion, but I must say we've been very satisfied with the tails on both 2014 & 2015 B2Bs.

I do an annual visit to my sister's in Maine & niece's in Boston area. There's no comparison in the quality from ME/MA and ship's lobsters. However, I still enjoy them.

Going to Maine the end of June and really looking forward to a few whole lobsters.

We've had not so good lobster tails on occasion, but I must say we've been very satisfied with the tails on both 2014 & 2015 B2Bs.

Gee Sparky, you already did your 2015 B2B? Time machine?:p Can you do a review for me, LOL? Sorry just playing widya.:D

Back to the question, yes you can have all the lobster you can eat, but you have to order it all at once, or you'll disrupt the service for the rest of the table. Plus you don't get just the lobster tail (Caribbean spiny lobster not Maine clawed lobster, different species) you get the whole dinner again too.

Edited by crewsweeper

OK.. before another Cruise Critic member calls Carnival and complains because their cruise didn't have All U Can eat Lobster night after they were TOLD on CC that it exists, let's be clear... There is NO SUCH THING. yes, on the night they serve lobsters you can order more than one if you like, but they don't bill it as all you can eat.

There is already someone on JH's facebook page screaming about Carnival's poor customer service because she was told on Cruise Critic that she can just email the Maitre'D and get a table for 2. How dare they not respond. yes, you can email and SOMETIMES they will answer but their email addresses are NOT supposed to be for customer use.

OK.. before another Cruise Critic member calls Carnival and complains because their cruise didn't have All U Can eat Lobster night after they were TOLD on CC that it exists, let's be clear... There is NO SUCH THING. yes, on the night they serve lobsters you can order more than one if you like, but they don't bill it as all you can eat.

There is already someone on JH's facebook page screaming about Carnival's poor customer service because she was told on Cruise Critic that she can just email the Maitre'D and get a table for 2. How dare they not respond. yes, you can email and SOMETIMES they will answer but their email addresses are NOT supposed to be for customer use.

Correct, there is no "all you can eat" lobster night....you can order what you want, but it is not as if there's a big pot of lobster tails you can dig into like in a buffet. If you want two tails, order two. I saw a guy next to use eat five one night. You can order as many of anything on the menu as you want.....two salads, two steaks, two desserts...whatever

Just keep this one thing in mind, they work on a line and work in order, it's not individually prepped....you can't prep and plate each individually when serving hundreds in a seating. So, place your order upfront. Don't get to the dessert and then say "Ya know, I want two lobsters".....they MAY be able to pull it off, but you will upset the apple cart and likely get your server in trouble.

Order what you want, as many as you want, but do it in order, don't go backwards

Someone told me about an All You Can Eat Lobster Night. Is this true? Does Carnival offer this to their cruisers? How can I find if it is and what night it will happen?

Anyone know the answer to this? Let me know. Thanks! :)

Don't get too excited. The lobster tails are the warm water variety and are about 3 ounces each.

Actually, I have seen a server come back and say they have no more of a requested entree prepared at that time.

A woman asked for something at the table next to us from the entrees while we were already into dessert service and the server left, came back, and told her, politely, that there was not any more of that entree prepared and available at that time, which could be true if you take into consideration how the line works and how it's prepared.

They might very well have a lobster sitting there, but if it sat there too long it could become cold and/or have "died" in the pass, where the expeditor refused to let it go out.

I love elegant night.. lobster ! yumm.. I order 2 upfront.. and they do serve your first plate first, wait for you to be done, then serve your second plate...even if you ask for both at the same time (I've asked everytime!). When we sailed the Dream elegant night was during bad weather and the ship was rocking pretty good.. We took our anti sick pills so we felt fine.. but others didn't..and the MDR was half empty.. after I had finished my second lobster the waiters were going around passing out more lobster plates to anyone who wanted one.. they had cooked more than they needed during our diningtime.. I enjoyed a third lobster that night without asking.. :)

We always order two lobster dinners up front and I usually have a flat iron steak also. The servings are not that large so it's not a big a deal as it seems to order that much food. If I can't eat it all, the DH is always willing to help out! LOL!:D

While it is not billed as an "all you can eat" lobster dinner...you can "eat all you want.";)

Sometimes Princess did put lobster in Lido buffet on lobster night. I never saw that on Carnival ships.

NCL's newest ships the Breakaway and Getaway replaced Lobster night in the MDR with a seafood buffet, complete with all you can eat lobster tails. Very yummy !!