Largest ship

Which ship is the largest? Allure or Oasis? For some reason, I thought Allure is the largest. A friend of mine says Oasis is.

Allure is longer. Oasis might be heavier.

C'mon people. There was no plan to for Allure to be larger than Oasis. The design dimensions of these two ship are exactly the same. The 4 inch difference can be attributed to build, measurement and temperature variation. It is basically a running joke between the two ships

The "weight" or gross tonnage of these ships are estimates.

The third Oasis class ship now under construction will likely be slightly heavier - but we are waiting for more details on the exact "additions".

Enjoy

Allure is longer. Oasis might be heavier.

If Allure is longer it also heavier. Ship weights that are mentioned are based on volume not gross weight. Every 100 cubic is considered as one tone.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

You are confusing ships weight with it's gross registered tonnage, which, as you mention is actually a measure of volume not weight, and is an estimated figure. Based on the changes in design and build Oasis could indeed be heavier

You are confusing ships weight with it's gross registered tonnage, which, as you mention is actually a measure of volume not weight, and is an estimated figure. Based on the changes in design and build Oasis could indeed be heavier

In fact, I read that they modified the contruction techniques when they build Allure, so that is indeed ligher.

I had also read that the difference is 2 inches, with Allure being the longer of the two, but Oasis actually has a higher displacement than Allure.

Does it really matter, they are twins for the most part

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

They are basically the same ship. Allure is a few centimeters longer. When we were on the allure, the crew joked that the Oasis was Allure's shorter, heavier older sister.

I would be over the moon to sail either one of them! 4 months and we will be back. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does it really matter, they are twins for the most part

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Nope not at all - I was simply pointing out that which ship is larger depends on how you look at it. After all, isn't this thread about which ship is larger?:rolleyes:

C'mon people. There was no plan to for Allure to be larger than Oasis. The design dimensions of these two ship are exactly the same. The 4 inch difference can be attributed to build, measurement and temperature variation. It is basically a running joke between the two ships

The "weight" or gross tonnage of these ships are estimates.

The third Oasis class ship now under construction will likely be slightly heavier - but we are waiting for more details on the exact "additions".

Enjoy

Absolutely correct.

The blue prints are the same, but the build up of engineering tolerances during the fabrication and assembly gave Allure those extra 4 inches, or 100mm as it was built in Finland

In fact, I read that they modified the contruction techniques when they build Allure, so that is indeed ligher.

Probably used thinner plate and less filler weld - No!!.......wasn't that the Titanic