Calling busty ladies...so frustrated with bathing suites

thehams

I have had good luck with the swimsuitsforall.com site. Many come with underwire and can be bra sized specific. Reasonably priced, too. I have also tried the site alwaysforme.com and they are nice also.

For me, even though I am large busted, I don't like suits that cover up my bust but rather enhance it. I have found suits on both sites that work well. Good luck!

Edited by blondietink

I have some great suits from Swimsuitsforall. Also try Soma, although those can be a bit more money. They aren't as expensive as some, but you will pay a heftier price.

I'm particular about color, and with a little research, you can find what you're looking for, especially if you like black or a black based print.

Lands End seems to have quite a bit, but I think Swimsuitsforall and Soma may have the best possible selection in sizes truly made for bustier women.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem! I started out buying from Bravissimo from the UK, I found their exchange rate and shipping to be fairly reasonable. Then I started looking for the brands they carry on US sites and found figleaves.com carries a lot of them. Lands End is now my favorite place to buy underwired swimwear. I am constantly checking their clearance section online, and I used to live near one of their outlet stores which was always a treasure trove. I will buy the petite sizes from time to time if it's all they have available and haven't had any trouble. They also have 40% off sales quite often on their full-priced line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a large chested girl and I need "special" bathing suites. Meaning I can't just go any where. I bought one last summer and it was over $100.00 for the top and bottom, ONE. They need to be able to carry my size and have under wire tops.

That's not something you can just walk into a regular store and find. So I researched on-line and found a few sites who cater to busty woman, but they are SO expensive. I have only this one bathing suite, so I need to buy more, like several more! I can't go and drop $350.00 on bathing suites alone.

A good idea would be to start buying now (cruise is in 6 months) and that way it won't be so much $$ at one time. Problem with that is, I'm losing weight, so whatever I buy now, will not fit in 6 months.

Any one have this issue or is it just me. I've looked at several sites and they are all around the same price range. I guess this is just more a vent! Thanks for reading and feel free to pass on some helpful tips, if you have any :o

I can only help with the money issue. Because you can't buy yet due to sizing, put the money aside as if you were. Then you have the money ready when you are ready to purchase. But of course finding them cheaper is always better :D

At the swimsuitsforall site, you can order your size for the top and bottom separate in many styles. I don't think I have ever paid more than $60.00 for both pieces or a one piece suit. I usually look at the site, then they send me an email for free shipping because I didn't buy when I was looking. They also have a lot of sales, like every week.

This isn't about sizing so much as style, but OFTEN a busty woman looks can look "wide" in a one-piece ... but that same woman will look great in a bikini.

I can never wear a bikini - I need a alot of support for the 'girls' so they don't pop out. And that just for regular clothing like sweaters... :(

Busty women (I am one) can look fine in a one piece, but as with any piece of clothing, you have to choose something that flatters. On me, a low V (as low as possible with support!) and side shirring and some sort of pattern creates a lovely & balanced hourglass shape. A racerback speedo with a high neck looks awful (but for pool exercise can still be great - and they're cheap at Costco:p)

I don't choose turtlenecks because Vnecks (with a scarf if necessary for warmth) are more flattering. Same thing with bathing suits.

Same here, Hoya Heel. It is very important not to wear a high neckline when you are busty. Opt for a v-neck or scoop neck.

I love the dress styles that are so popular right now, but they have these high necklines that I cannot wear, unfortunately.

Sometimes, when I hear someone mention "popping out" of their clothes or bra, it makes me think they are not wearing the right size or style to begin with. For example, it won't matter what size I buy, if I wear a demi style bra, I will not be contained!

Let us know how you do in your quest to find a good fitting bathing suit. It's great the have someone come back and post about their results.

• 3 weeks later...

Try the website biggerbras and I also second swimsuitsforall..

Make sure you check the website retailmenot for coupons.. Some coupon codes can be stacked currently there is free shipping and 40 percent off and you can stack another 10 percent for Swimsuitsforall.. I love reading the reviews to gauge what size I need to buy for the boobs..

I'm a large chested girl and I need "special" bathing suites. Meaning I can't just go any where. I bought one last summer and it was over $100.00 for the top and bottom, ONE. They need to be able to carry my size and have under wire tops.

That's not something you can just walk into a regular store and find. So I researched on-line and found a few sites who cater to busty woman, but they are SO expensive. I have only this one bathing suite, so I need to buy more, like several more! I can't go and drop $350.00 on bathing suites alone.

A good idea would be to start buying now (cruise is in 6 months) and that way it won't be so much $$ at one time. Problem with that is, I'm losing weight, so whatever I buy now, will not fit in 6 months.

Any one have this issue or is it just me. I've looked at several sites and they are all around the same price range. I guess this is just more a vent! Thanks for reading and feel free to pass on some helpful tips, if you have any :o

If you are still reading this thread, google for hand made swimwear in your area. You might be able to find something that can be specially made for you.

My daughter, who is medium frame, but has size G cup, was able to have a couple of 2 pieces made in a couple of weeks. This was a few years ago. I'm a small frame with size D, but I'm usually able to get them into a tankini top.

It's worth a try. Good luck.

Edited by crzndeb

I 2nd the Soma recommendation. Many of the suits they carry are regular brands carried by others, so if you find one you like, do comparative price checking elsewhere.

I've also found good busty suits at Alwaysforme.com and swimsuitsforall.com, which have also been mentioned. Also be sure to try Swimoutlet.com. You never know what you might find there, and they constantly run great specials off already discounted prices if you sign up for emails.

I am in the same boat, no pun intended. I am a busty woman, but small framed (so yeah just a bit more difficult) and it’s so hard to find tops that don’t cost the earth.

What I ended up doing was finding myself a tankini swim suit top with NO built in bra and then……

I wore an old bra under it. Eek.

I had a black top which I then paired with bright coloured bottoms and an old black bra I had, the straps sort of lined up with the top so no one knew I was really wearing a bra underneath.

I then lost a bit of weight a few years ago so I gave the tops to my sister who is big busted too. Then I put the weight back on again and am even struggling to find a plain black tankini. GRRR. But I am checking out some of these sites everyone else has suggested.

I actually found some amazing suit separates at JCPenney this weekend, underwire & SPF 30 built in. I bought a 44DD top & a 10 bottom & both fit great. I'm very pleased

I see many people wear and recommend like a tankini top and swim bottoms... I have yet to find one such combination that I like on my body!

I am a relatively well-proportioned 16/18, 5'8" approx 240, DD... :rolleyes:

... and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this suit from Walmart:

"Suddenly Slim by Catalina Women's Plus-Size Slimming Shirred Halter One-Piece Swimsuit"

Sorry it's not a link but if you Google it, it should come right up.

I just went this morning and bought 2 :) I have worn this in several different colors over the years and find this to be the most flattering style on my not-small self. ;)

I'm also large busted and need support in my swimsuits. Will be checking out the suggested sites mentioned tomorrow but am interested if anyone knows and Australian retailers or sites with reasonable delivery charges internationally. (No point finding a $50 swimsuit if it costs $100 to ship it)

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read through the whole thread, but (ew!) I feel ya, honey! (sorry, sorry, couldn't resist...)

I have an added issue of needing a top that's cut high in the front to cover my Fabulous Chest where it was dosed with extra radiation. Which we don't discuss. Or which I occasionally refer to as "from when I went to the tanning salon." Salon trips that were preceded by some, ah, surgical treatments.

OK here's my point: Get a bra, girfriend. Find a bathing suit top that you like, then see if you can find an underwire bra that will fit underneath it and not show too much. I tend to stick to black bathing suit bottoms (skirts or shorts) and black print tops, mix-&-match, and then I get black underwire bra and stitch it into the bathing suit top.

Do you sew? Or can you find a seamstress? Maybe this would work for you? Good luck, hon... :)

Another vote for swimsuits4all. I ended up ordering from them after I found nothing in the department stores - they seem to think I am either 80 or18. Heavy ultra-conservative one pieces or two piece suits with skimpy bottoms and halter straps (which I loved when I was young and thin with not much bust).

Swimsuit4all has a good variety of styles with underwires, good support and coverage. One think I really liked was the ability to buy a different sized top and bottom even for those sold as a set. They also sell separates, and have the best selection of styles of full-coverage bottoms that I have seen - I bought 3 styles of bottoms for @$20 each.

There is a sale going on right now - 30% off entire site.

I can never wear a bikini - I need a alot of support for the 'girls' so they don't pop out. And that just for regular clothing like sweaters... :(
You can get a bikini with plenty of support. I like Bravvisimo (did I spell that right?); their stuff isn't cheap, but their bikinis will support "girls" of any size, and they're not the only company out there who specializes in clothing for our body type.
Nobody wants to see me in a bikini. Trust me!

The conversation was about large busts -- other body parts, of course, will vary from individual to individual.
Same here, Hoya Heel. It is very important not to wear a high neckline when you are busty. Opt for a v-neck or scoop neck.

Yes, a V-neck tends to "divide" you visually and takes away from excessive bustiness.