I Love It!

virgincruises.com is asking people what they'd like to see on a cruise ship!

Now THAT's a refreshing approach!

I've been loyal to RC for a few decades, but they've become a bit frustrating as of late, so I'm not sure if I'll continue with them.

At the very least, a little bit of competition may give them the kick that they need to wake up and get back in touch with their loyal customers.

I can't wait for Virgin Cruises to come on the scene.

:D

I'd like to see Dynamic Dining, cutting edge design, a loyalty program, flow riders, good entertainment……………hum, Royal Caribbean already has that.:D

I love what Royal Caribbean is offering.:D

It is easy for a company without ships to ask what guests want…it doesn't mean that they will have exactly what YOU want nor what I want.

;)

However, if Virgin offers a good product at a competitive price I might book the ship just to experience it.

In the meantime, Royal Caribbean will continue offering the ships that interest me: Anthem booked for 3 cruises, Harmony booked for 6 cruises, and 13 others on a variety of RCI ships.

Edited by beachnative

Something new is always nice but the ships are described as boutique style cruising and ship delivery is 2020, 2021, and 2022. It doesn't sound like they will be geared toward the mass market.

I read that and have no clue what that means :o

Smaller ships and more personal attention usually means bigger dollars but Branson is pretty innovative so it still remains to be seen.

For my suggestion, I suggested they leave Miami later than 4:30 pm. Sometimes it's hard to fly into Miami the day of departure and get to the port by 2:30. And seeing the Miami skyline at night would be a bonus (I guess you'd only experience that in winter when the sun sets early, but still, you get the idea)

For my suggestion, I suggested they leave Miami later than 4:30 pm. Sometimes it's hard to fly into Miami the day of departure and get to the port by 2:30. And seeing the Miami skyline at night would be a bonus (I guess you'd only experience that in winter when the sun sets early, but still, you get the idea)

Like this idea ! :)

I'd like to see Dynamic Dining, cutting edge design, a loyalty program, flow riders, good entertainment……………hum, Royal Caribbean already has that.:D

I love what Royal Caribbean is offering.:D

It is easy for a company without ships to ask what guests want…it doesn't mean that they will have exactly what YOU want nor what I want.

;)

However, if Virgin offers a good product at a competitive price I might book the ship just to experience it.

In the meantime, Royal Caribbean will continue offering the ships that interest me: Anthem booked for 3 cruises, Harmony booked for 6 cruises, and 13 others on a variety of RCI ships.

I actually LOVE what Royal had offered, at least as of my cruise 4 years ago. I've been on 15 cruises with them and have loved every one of them.

I think where they're really starting to lack is on the customer relationship/services side (from what I've read across several boards and posts).

The overall cruising experience is just as much about customer service as it is about the ship itself.

I think that people feel like they're being nickel and dimed for everything lately and that customer service has gone down hill.

These things happen, but the real test is to see if Royal Responds or continues to be dismissive of passenger complaints.

From everything that I've read that Quantum Class has been a huge misstep in that they have over-hyped this ship in order to sell it, only to under deliver across the boards, especially in terms of customer service.

This is not from first hand experience, but from what I've seen.

What is refreshing is the approach that Virgin Cruises is taking to ask what people want to see and then weigh that feedback.

It's just a refreshing approach that at least shows that they're listening.

If they do anything with cruising along the lines of what they've done for flying, then this will be a really great experience.

That's a great suggestion!

I'd also like to see cruises that are longer than 7 Days, offered year round.

What is refreshing is the approach that Virgin Cruises is taking to ask what people want to see and then weigh that feedback.

It's just a refreshing approach that at least shows that they're listening.

If they do anything with cruising along the lines of what they've done for flying, then this will be a really great experience.

I guess if you fly whatever they call their first class. When I flew them coach to London, there was NO room at all (and I've flown Economy overseas on Alitalia, Delta, and American and had while not a ton of room at least a little - for much less than what I paid on Virgin). Never again on Virgin.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

I guess if you fly whatever they call their first class. When I flew them coach to London, there was NO room at all (and I've flown Economy overseas on Alitalia, Delta, and American and had while not a ton of room at least a little - for much less than what I paid on Virgin). Never again on Virgin.

Agree on this. We used to love the Virgin experience but they have cut back and penny-pinched so much over the years that we cashed in all our Virgin airmiles for one first class flight several years ago and have only used them once since, when the price for a Transatlantic flight was competitive.

No expense spared on their first class customers, but if their first class flight prices are indicative of their first class cruise prices and their treatment of basic cruise classes is the same as their treatment of economy passengers I'll stick with Royal.

Edited by Bobal