JS vs W catagory guarentee

hj1235

Selecting a category JS allows you to select your cabin at the time of booking. You get a Junior Suite. Selecting a category W at booking means you get a suite guarantee. The cabin will be assigned to you at some time before boarding (or nearly at the time of boarding in some cases).

So, if you are adventurous and are willing to take the cabin given or a cabin that is available at or after the time it is assigned, go for the W. You may get something better than JS. You will get at least a JS. Some people have posted not enjoying waiting to get assigned their cabin, as it can happen very close to embarkation day. Or it can be nearly immediately, or anytime in between.

If you are selective as to which JS (or cabin) you will get (like you don't want to be under the WJ), then the JS category is probably more for you. Downside, you have very limited likelihood of getting upgraded above JS.

Booking a W may not give you much more likelihood of an upgrade, but every little bit helps.

But they are both guarantees. There is a choice of a js guarantee and a w guarantee.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

I saw that too. It just means that you're guaranteed a JS only for a Junior Suite guarantee whereas the W category doesn't limit the guarantee to a JS but something equivalent or better.

But they are both guarantees. There is a choice of a js guarantee and a w guarantee.

Then it would totally depend on the price for me !

How much is the difference ?

I saw that too. It just means that you're guaranteed a JS only for a Junior Suite guarantee whereas the W category doesn't limit the guarantee to a JS but something equivalent or better.

No, that's not quite right. We've booked many specific category guarantees and were assigned cabins in a higher category. The cruiseline sometimes does have a cabin the actual category available for even a category gty assignment so will upgrade this to a higher category. As an example on our Radiance Chile to San Diego repositioning cruise we booked a E3 gty and got a D1, which when we booked were the only balconies showing available.

There is basically no difference between a W gty and a JS gty as the JS is the lowest suite category.

Another interesting point in my experience when these both are showing for a cruise it has always been the class of cabin gty, like Z, Y. X, W, etc., that has a lower price, sometimes significantly, than the lowest category gty in that class of cabins. The screen shot below for our upcoming Serenade TA cruise is showing this as the lower cost is for the Z Class of Cabin gty at almost half the cost of the Lowest Inside Cat, which is Q, gty.

I would definitely just go with the lowest cost option. Our friends did exactly this to join us on this cruise.

attachment.php?attachmentid=329558&d=1414681320

SerenadeGty.jpg.0b0ca7b30096ff82e12c4feb8706eb4e.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Not much. I'm debating the w. We have a balcony now and the w is $1k more for 3 of us. I'm hoping it will drop a bit more as we are only 3 weeks out. ;)

Do all the JS sleep 3?

Not much. I'm debating the w. We have a balcony now and the w is $1k more for 3 of us. I'm hoping it will drop a bit more as we are only 3 weeks out. ;)

Do all the JS sleep 3?

No, I don't think all JS on Allure sleep three.

WE are going on the Independence in December and had originally booked a D2 Balcony. I looked on line last week and they were offering the W Guarantee for $200 less then the pricing of a Junior Suite and we decided to do it as we were shocked on our last cruise as to how small the Balcony cabins were since we have started booking suites last year do the great pricing. As soon as we called our travel agent she called me back and we were instantly granted a JS for $500 bless than what we thought it would be. I wasn't happy with the stateroom so I asked our TA to see if they could change it to another stateroom and RC did it right away. I still see they have A GS, 4 OS, RFS, and FS left. If they lower the prices on them we'll definitely upgrade do another upgrade. We really love the Owner Suites. we are spoiled now.

So theoretically since we have 3 people and all of the current js are "sold out" our chances would be better we might get something above a js?

I'm not sure we can accurately determine if all JS staterooms are sold out. There might be some staterooms currently out of inventory that might come back into inventory.

So theoretically since we have 3 people and all of the current js are "sold out" our chances would be better we might get something above a js?

They may also upgrade someone who paid full price for their JS and give you a JS. No way to tell.