U.S. Presidential Election TV coverage?

Belltown

We are considering booking the Nov 5, 2016 transatlantic cruise on QM2. We would also, though, like to follow the U.S. presidential election results on Nov 8. But on Nov 8 we will be in the middle of the Atlantic. Does anyone know if there will be TV coverage of the election on the ship? Thanks very much.

We are considering booking the Nov 5, 2016 transatlantic cruise on QM2. We would also, though, like to follow the U.S. presidential election results on Nov 8. But on Nov 8 we will be in the middle of the Atlantic. Does anyone know if there will be TV coverage of the election on the ship? Thanks very much.

Is that so you can return to / stay in the UK if you don't like the result? :p

Hobson's choice! Does Boris still have his US citizenship?

No. He revoked that in 2014 to '' prove his patriotism to the UK''. I'm sure that this coincided with his being chased for US tax to the tune if a hundred grand or so otherwise he might be seen to be less than wholly candid.

If Cunard does show the results, I would seriously consider watching them from the safety of your own cabin. The results could cause more of a kerfuffle in any of the lounges or pubs than showing a soccer match between two intensely rival British teams.

Unfortunately, I must agree. I don't know anything about soccer, but I do know that the election for the next President of the United States defies description. I can only hope that the turnout for voters is record-breaking.

To folks recently on QM2 - no more MSNBC or Fox News?

Thankfully, on our pre-refit crossing in May, there were multiple providers - I think BBC Worldwide, MSNBC, and FOX, but I'm not certain about CNN or SkyNews. I assume the offerings are highly dependent upon geographic accessibility to satellite feeds.

That was a great relief after our crossing in 2008 where the only choice was FOX. While I personally disagree with the channel's positions on the issues, I especially found it an inappropriate choice for the only news provider on a multinational ship ostensibly ported in the UK to be "America's News Channel" (as it branded itself).

Personally being isolated on a cruise - with the info readily available via a diverse selection of TV sources in my cabin and ready internet, should I desire - sounds like the best of all worlds.

Edited by MarkBearSF