coffee

tomden1959

Few if any ships would permit a heating device with which to make your coffee so what would you do with a jar of coffee and no way to heat hot water.

You could order hot water from Room service if your coffee is instant but why not just get a delivery of room service coffee?

can anyone tell me are you allowed to take a jar of coffee on board indi as none in cabin please

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Do you mean instant coffee? If you have to go on deck or call room service for hot water, why not just get their coffee?

If you mean instant coffee, I know Disney, RCCL and Carnival all have not stopped me. While it does/might sound odd to people, I use mine to make iced coffee which is a lot easier with instant that having to use hot coffee and ice and it being really watered down.

If you mean like your own coffee grounds for a pot, I can't see them stopping you, but bring filters also. This could be tricky not knowing what type of filters are for the coffee pot in your room. Every time I had a coffee pot in a cruise ship room it was also those pre-filled coffee pouches to put in to make coffee.

If you mean whole beans you have to grind, probably not. The coffee grinder would be looked on the same way as a blender and taken from you. If you mean your own coffee pot, again this would be a no.

Think on IoS and AoS sailing from the UK kettles are provided in the rooms. I am planning on taking a small tub of coffee and can't see why we would be stopped, alternatively will take coffee sachets and milk from the Windjammer.

Gillian.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Think on IoS and AoS sailing from the UK kettles are provided in the rooms. I am planning on taking a small tub of coffee and can't see why we would be stopped, alternatively will take coffee sachets and milk from the Windjammer.

Gillian.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Correct. Kettles & tea provided on both, in all cabin grades, on cruises out of Southampton. But for some reason coffee not provided. And the coffee in the Windjammer is ready-brewed in the urn so not sure whether there are sachets of coffee or decaf, so best take a jar of instant as we did.

JB :)

You could order hot water from Room service if your coffee is instant but why not just get a delivery of room service coffee?

Most of the coffee I have had on the mainstream lines taste like dishwater or worse :eek:

Maybe the OP has tasted their coffee before ;)

Yes bring the instant type if that is what you like to drink

can anyone tell me are you allowed to take a jar of coffee on board indi as none in cabin please

you can bring your own coffee, but you will have no way to MAKE it unless you bring a French Press and just get room service hot water( which will be closer to room temp by the time you get it)

Most of the coffee I have had on the mainstream lines taste like dishwater or worse :eek:

Completely and absolutely true.

and it seems to be getting worse!

We usually take a small jar of decaf instant, as well, on ships which provide kettles.....and a few Yorkshire teabags!

I think I read on one forum that the steward on Indy can provide sachets of instant coffee....but it's safer to take your own jar.

Truer words were never spoken. Cruise ship coffee is pretty dire, so bringing a jar of instant is not a bad idea!

Archived