B2B Cruising in Guarantee Cabins

Sparky74

DW and I are not new to cruising but we've just booked our first Carnival cruise and are doing B2B on Carnival Spirit out of Sydney. This is also our first time ever doing B2B cruises.

We got a great deal on Balcony Guarantee cabins. We often cruise in inside cabins but the price was so good that I decided to go with balcony cabins.

Our room assignments have come through and we are in different cabins (different decks, even) for each cruise. I phone Carnival to see if we could get the same cabin for both cruises and after being put on hold for what seemed like quite a while, the consultant came back and said that it wasn't possible to change cabins once the assignment had been made (even though one of our assigned cabins is available for the other cruise).

Is it worth trying to call again and asking someone else or do I just need to suck it up and be prepared to pack up and move cabins at the end of the first cruise?

DW and I are not new to cruising but we've just booked our first Carnival cruise and are doing B2B on Carnival Spirit out of Sydney. This is also our first time ever doing B2B cruises.

We got a great deal on Balcony Guarantee cabins. We often cruise in inside cabins but the price was so good that I decided to go with balcony cabins.

Our room assignments have come through and we are in different cabins (different decks, even) for each cruise. I phone Carnival to see if we could get the same cabin for both cruises and after being put on hold for what seemed like quite a while, the consultant came back and said that it wasn't possible to change cabins once the assignment had been made (even though one of our assigned cabins is available for the other cruise).

Is it worth trying to call again and asking someone else or do I just need to suck it up and be prepared to pack up and move cabins at the end of the first cruise?

That is absolutely not true that they can't make reassigment of cabin even when it's a guarantee cabin. I would immediately call again have them adjust the one cabin that is available and the same.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

That is absolutely not true that they can't make reassigment of cabin even when it's a guarantee cabin. I would immediately call again have them adjust the one cabin that is available and the same.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

If they are requesting a specific cabin then it is no longer a "guarantee " situation. With guarantee you are taking your chances.

If they are requesting a specific cabin then it is no longer a "guarantee " situation. With guarantee you are taking your chances.

I'm familiar with the concept of guarantee cabins and have sailed in them on most of the cruises I have done over the years. I don't care which balcony cabin they give us but I would prefer to not have to pack up half way through our holiday (vacation). :cool:

Holland America has 14 day cruises that you book that are really, underneath, two 7 day cruises. Does Carnival work the same way? Or do you just book two separate cruises and then ask for accommodation to make it more convenient to do them one after the other?

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Holland America has 14 day cruises that you book that are really, underneath, two 7 day cruises. Does Carnival work the same way? Or do you just book two separate cruises and then ask for accommodation to make it more convenient to do them one after the other?

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

You are booking 2 separate cruises but you link them so they are noted as back to back so you get special privileges when its time for second round of the trip

I have had different cabins on 2 B2B cruises. I don't bring that much with me on any Caribbean cruise - just one 21" piece of luggage and a shoulder bag. I'll get laundry done towards the end of the 1st cruise, throw that in my luggage all nicely folded, then make the move myself. Takes me about 15 minutes to go from one cabin to another, even on different decks.

If you have a lot of stuff, your cabin steward can get it moved from your old to your new.

By booking a guarantee, you defer the cabin selection responsibility to Carnival. Requesting a specific cabin means that you are no longer entitled to the Guarantee Rate.

Switching cabins between the legs of a B2B is no big deal. The cabin stewards will assist.

Which cabin do you want to change? What cabin do you want to move to? Is the cabin in the same or lessor category? If you want to move from a 4a to a 4f they won't do that. They might move a 4f to a 4a.

It's not hard to change cabins. We pack our stuff up, attach the next cabin's luggage tag to our suitcase and the stewards will move it for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums