Which is a better itinerary?

AidenandCasensMommy

You didn't say what time of year. The Bahamas can be a little chilly in winter, Freeport and Nassau do nothing for me, but HMC was my best. day. ever. I tend to agree with a previous poster and vote for the second.

You didn't mention how old mom was? Is she a young mom where she would be more willing to do some fun excursions or prefer to sit on the beach?

She is in her 60's. I don't think she would do any excursions. She will enjoy sitting on her balcony & lounging on a nice beach. I know HMC is beautiful. That is the only reason that itinerary is in the running.

Mexico stays fairly warm even in December and January. My vote is for Number 2. There is a lot of culture in Cozumel in my opinion. Especially since you have access to 2 great mayan ruins in Cozumel.

Roatan and Belize, you have to do a tour, otherwise, the port is a little dull. I loved Belize, but when i went, you had to be a little careful though.

Never been to Costa Maya.

Since I am of a certain age (wink...wink) I vote for the second one as well. The DH and I book private excursions and we really push the envelope to have a good time. We can sit in our chairs at home. Perhaps your mom might like to take a look at some of the excursions. She may surprise you.

The DD and I have taken cruise before and have another one planned. I love traveling with her and deciding what we are going to do in port. She only had to worry one time when I was holding a lion cub and she keep praying it would not bite me. We are building more memories one cruise at a time. I hope you and your mom have a great time!

You didn't say what time of year. The Bahamas can be a little chilly in winter, Freeport and Nassau do nothing for me, but HMC was my best. day. ever. I tend to agree with a previous poster and vote for the second.

AMEN! Same thing I would have posted.

LuLu

If your mother isn't interested in excursions, I would go with #1 because of HMC. Nice relaxing day. Other than Cozumel, the other two ports in the other itinerary aren't places I would just walk around and tour by myself.

Wow, both have good things & bad.

Bahamas have never been really impressed with the ports, Although we did find an amazing sea food place for lunch in Nassau, where we had fried lobsters.

HMC is always amazing place to have a beach day.

Cozumel is another great beach day, I wouldn't bother with doing Tulum it makes for a long hot day, 45 min in the ferry, over an hour to Tulum, 2 hour tour, then you 2 hours back to Cozumel.

If you have to do a day in Jamaica than at least Mo bay is the better port.

Belize is on my bucket list hope to do it soon.