Dynamic Dinning - Issues

Trying to book dinning but no matter when I try and book and for how many people I get

We're sorry, this restaurant is not available during this meal time or one or more of your selected guests do not meet the minimum requirements. Please check onboard

For most of the restuarants ??

What's that supposed to mean ?

Its getting to be to much like hard work and I actually like planning. Getting my travelling companians to agree things is difficult enough and then system doesn't work properly. Not impressed at all. As I said on the Roll call I dislike dynamic dinning and haven't even got on board :(

For most resturants or just one? If you are not in a suite you will be unable to book Coastal Kitchen, no matter how much you try to circumnavigate the system ..

If all slots are full, that message may be given?? I'm not sure??

As above if you call them you they will help you sort it over the phone :)

Its getting to be to much like hard work and I actually like planning. Getting my travelling companians to agree things is difficult enough and then system doesn't work properly. Not impressed at all. As I said on the Roll call I dislike dynamic dinning and haven't even got on board :(

Is this for Quantum or Anthem? If it's Anthem why don't you try and change to Classic?

I had all of my reservations (after 2 weeks of trying and including help from the C&A desk) and enjoyed immensely. Once your reserves are in place, you'll love it also.

Party of 13, with kids on 4 bookings. Doesn't like you doing 2 tables for same evening etc. etc.

That explains alot. That kind of booking is not your "standard" and hence the trouble. I would have never tried the computer for this and always spoke to someone. It would be a nightmare for Dynamic Dining schedules. Maybe DD Classic would have been a better choice.

• 2 weeks later...
... As I said on the Roll call I dislike dynamic dinning and haven't even got on board :(

Having sailed Quantum twice this year we met several people who HATED Dynamic Dining - less than 24 hours into the trip -based solely on what they read on these pages. Their experience never changed their minds, even they admitted it was flawless. Confirmation bias is a powerful force.

In 19 Quantum days we had no problems changing times and venues, and no long waits. The only glitch - we had hoped to catch Jamie's for one last lunch but it was solidly booked. There is a flexibility and urgency on the ship that can't exist in a telephone call center - the crew will jump through hoops to take care of you.

Dinner for 13 is a challenge whether at land or sea, and unless it's first seating, large groups are particularly difficult in these dining rooms - seemingly designed to favor smaller parties. Diners have to be coordinated so that 3-4 adjacent tables become available at about the same time. When others are waiting to be seated, and they see these empty tables, their outrage flows to these pages.

Quantum was our best cruise to date - for a lot of reasons - and my wife is more psyched for our next cruise than she has ever been in the past. We've booked the Anthem and jumped at the opportunity for DD - even though classic will be available.

You said you enjoy planning -so I'll add that we booked all our meals for our April 18, 2016 12-nighter on Anthem just this week, in 7 minutes flat (locking in 3 visits to Jamie's) - this is the third generation booking process we've seen and it keeps getting smoother.

Take the angst here with a grain of salt, relax, and you'll almost certainly have a great trip. Last thought - Windjammer isn't what it used to be - it's definitely an upgraded dinner venue as part of the new concept.

Sail on...

• 2 years later...

Their website is salty garbage. I've never seen one this defective. Carnival, NCL & Princess work fine. Celebrity's website is God Awful and pathetic given their constant "Best" label they assign to themselves in everything they do which I have to hear about while on hold every ******g time I have to call to get anything done because the ******g website doesn't work.

Their website is salty garbage. I've never seen one this defective. Carnival, NCL & Princess work fine. Celebrity's website is God Awful and pathetic given their constant "Best" label they assign to themselves in everything they do which I have to hear about while on hold every ******g time I have to call to get anything done because the ******g website doesn't work.

Hmm. Don't you love when someone just joins and makes a nonsensical comment on a thread that has been dead for over two years.

Hmm. Don't you love when someone just joins and makes a nonsensical comment on a thread that has been dead for over two years.
I love all the catty losers on this site who offer opinions no one asked for, cared about or will ever care about. Have a nice life. I'm sure yours is full of people just like you and that seems fair. I'm unsubscribing so don't bother wasting more of the copious amounts of time on your hands replying.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Resurrection_2013_logo.jpg

Biker, who is intrigued why this particular thread came up for the resurrection poster.

I was searching for website issues to see if someone had maybe come up with a solution to the problem. Given the age of the thread it appears it will never be solved. Sorry to drag you back into it.

I was searching for website issues to see if someone had maybe come up with a solution to the problem. Given the age of the thread it appears it will never be solved. Sorry to drag you back into it.

If you spend any time reading a few threads you'd realize that RCI has IT issues. If you have something specific you are trying to solve, there's lots of folks here with ideas, though it could very well be that calling is the only way to solve it.

I had that problem when the travel agent had only tied two of the three reservations together. It would not let me add the other couple to our dining reservation. I could enter their name and booking number and their names came up and I could select them. But I cot the same message when I tried to actually book. Travel agent fixed it then it was OK.