Packing!!! Any tips on what to/not to pack...

easybay

I'm just sorting through my things and wondering if I need to bring a hair dryer and my own shampoo along. I can assume that there is shampoo and a hair dryer in our bathroom?

Also I purchased a mini travel iron for our RCCL cruise 2 years ago which came in handy for light touch ups - are these allowed?

There are hair dryers and HAIR DRYERs. As I have long hair and dry my hair in sections I find the hair dryers provided in some hotels that require you to keep you finger pressed on the button are impossible to use. I also dislike the ones attached to the wall. Luckily the ones on Seabourn are both portable and have a permanent ON button. Now if they would just make the vanity shelf in front of the mirror on the big sisters more than six inches deep !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tip; pack some light sticks ~every night break a few and leave them in your bathroom for night lights. There are no electrical outlets in the bathrooms (safety regulation)

Plus the sweet crew members loveeee these light sticks ~~ so handy and easy to pack for small crew gifts.

Have lots of fun!

Martita B

The hairdryer is quite good. The shampoo is OK but if you have a favourite decant some into a small bottle and bring it. The body lotion is 'gloopy' and not very good.

We just leave the bathroom light on at night, with the door almost closed. Just enough light to see to get there without keeping you awake. And a bonus - if you hang your undies on the line over the bath they dry more quickly! Might not be approved by management, but we don't see any problem with it.

Aren't the lights over the bath (and the clothes line) a design feature? I assumed someone had given a lot of thought to the utility of this arrangement. The bath is there so the wet clothes don't drip on the floor.

We just leave the bathroom light on at night, with the door almost closed. Just enough light to see to get there without keeping you awake.

Only problem can be if you get some lumpy weather in the night when it wakes you by slamming!

Only problem can be if you get some lumpy weather in the night when it wakes you by slamming!

I thought that was what the hand towel was for,to wedge the door open:)

We have one of the battery operated tea lights that are in the Colonnade and put it in the bathroom,it does the trick without having to leave the door open.

Edited by Mr Luxury

We must have been lucky - never in our now Diamond days on Seabourn has the bathroom door slammed. And we have been in some pretty rough weather occasionally.

Does the hair dryer by any chance have a diffuser attachment?

Also, is there a lighted magnifying mirror for make up? If so, is it attached to the bathroom wall or can it be moved to the desk?

Fantastic tip on the battery operated tea lights! I'm picking up some today!!

Edited by jdaa

There is a freestanding magnifying mirror --- it is not lighted but you can move it to the vanity "shelf" and apply your make up there . The vanity mirror has pretty good lighting. And yes, the hair dryer does have a removable diffuser.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is a freestanding magnifying mirror --- it is not lighted but you can move it to the vanity "shelf" and apply your make up there . The vanity mirror has pretty good lighting. And yes, the hair dryer does have a removable diffuser.

You have removed two items from my packing list--thank you!

We have one of the battery operated tea lights that are in the Colonnade and put it in the bathroom,it does the trick without having to leave the door open.

Doesn't overcome the problem of memsahib bumping into furniture on way to the bathroom and waking one up with less than muffled curses. I solve by giving her a torch!

Doesn't overcome the problem of memsahib bumping into furniture on way to the bathroom and waking one up with less than muffled curses. I solve by giving her a torch!

What about taking a guide dog with you:D

You could have two tea lights from the colonnade,one for the bathroom and one

Strategically placed in the room to give just the right amount of light.

They are a warm orange glow perfect for guidance and not too bright.

jdaa.......I personally have never seen a removable diffuser on any SB ship. I have only ever seen a removable concentrator nozzle for drying hair straight rather than a diffuser to create curls. Maybe others have. I bring my own hairdryer as the onboard ones are pretty rubbish.

If the diffuser is important to you, as it is very important to me due to my insane curly hair, I would adviser you to take a universal one. I've been on several SB cruises and there's never been a diffuser with the hairdryer. There's a concentrator attachment in the drawer with the dryer for blow drying, but I've never seen a diffuser.

Unless I've been looking in the wrong place?

Poppy we were posting at the same time. I've never seen one either!

I can recommend trying something called the Hot Sock, which I take wherever I travel in the world and it fits over all dryers, even those ones attached to the bathroom wall. They don't work with all types of curly hair so if you order one, do try it before you leave home.

Bring a multi-plug electrical strip. You may need some additional outlets to plug in all of your battery chargers and electrical devices. I think this is useful for any cruise ship.

Thank you ladies for clearing up the confusion over a concentrator and a diffuser. I'm afraid if my curly hair were concentrated rather than diffused, it would be truly frightening!

No idea,never been to one,sounds far too scary.

I hear it's full of women complaining about men:D

I think it's more like women complaining about who has taken whose washing/drying out of the machines to put their own in!

Have actually come across a couple of men ironing shirts in there!