Flight seat selection

rabbitneedles

we are flying with Thomson to the Caribbean and wondered if anyone knows the cost of pre booking seats ,it's just one flight as it's a transatlantic.

also is it worth booking seats or are we likely to get two together anyway. We don't have any preference where on the plane the seats are as long as we sit together .

Thanks

From the top of my head it is only about £15 each at the most for standard seats. We always pre book our seats as hubby is very tall (so it costs more) but he needs his likes his extra long seats. I am shorter though but I hate not being by a window !

Booking the seats before hand means that we know where we are sitting so no stress at the beginning of the holiday or when coming home. (Well apart from the fact I am flying ... ekkk).

I would definitely say that it is worth the extra cost for us - but then everybody is different.

Something we have noticed is that the ability to book flight seats tends to become available way before it says on your cruise personaliser. Keep checking it out.

As a guide we paid in March this year to Barbados:

Standard seat £20 person outward

Extra Legroom exit row seat £50 per person return

Day time flight I would just book standard £20 to seat together. The reason we booked extra legroom on return was because it is overnight, so room to stretch out. This was a payment to P and O not the airline. Hope this helps, have a great cruise.

Martyn

Something we have noticed is that the ability to book flight seats tends to become available way before it says on your cruise personaliser. Keep checking it out.

To my knowledge the only way to access your flight seat reservations is via the cruise personaliser. How are you able to book any otherway ?

Thanks price sounds very reasonable .

Sent from my LG-D855 using Forums mobile app

Yes if you want to sit together I think it's worth booking rather than taking a risk. It depends too on the aircraft seating plan whether you are more likely to get seats together without booking. If it's 3-3-3 we've found often a couple occupies the window and adjacent seat leaving lots of singles along the aisles so you may be given seats across the aisle or one behind the other. Especially with long and overnight flights we prefer to know we can sit together and would rather pay to be sure.

To my knowledge the only way to access your flight seat reservations is via the cruise personaliser. How are you able to book any otherway ?

Sorry what I meant was that it may say on the cruise perso aliser that sears will be available say 2 months before but they usually come out before then and catch us by surprise. Not sure if that makes sense.

• 1 month later...

Flights to/fro Caribbean - seat cost each way/pp

Economy standard seat - £20

Economy bulkhead seat - £50

Premium standard seat - £20

Premium bulkhead seat - £20

Check P&O Frequently Asked Question for release date of your flight.

Flights to/fro Caribbean - seat cost each way/pp

Economy standard seat - £20

Economy bulkhead seat - £50

Premium standard seat - £20

Premium bulkhead seat - £20

Check P&O Frequently Asked Question for release date of your flight.

Are you sure about this? I was charged £60 each for bulkhead seats in premium economy on an outbound flight to Barbados. I was about to jump up and down on P&O but having checked the Advice Centre, it was he correct amount. Bit steep I know, but having experienced an awful flight last year due to small child in the seat in front :eek:, I hope that it is money well spent. As an anxious flier, hopefully this time I won't have soft toys thrown into my food, or be be sprayed with drinks, or experience the constant screeching and running around. Happy days.........

You can book them on the Cruise Personaliser exactly 14 weeks before your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can concur with this. I calculated exactly 14 weeks before we fly to Barbados and was watching my cruise personaliser for two weeks before in case they went on sale early. They didn't - but 14 weeks to the day I logged in to find seats were available to reserve and managed to book the pair I wanted for teh return (overnight) flight, (there is one row with two pairs at the very back). I paid £40 pp for the return flight reservations.

We are flying back from Barbados after the transatlantic repositioning cruise, and have decided not to pay to reserve, as we don't mind being seated apart or across the aisles; in fact I think I prefer that! I like an aisle seat.

we are flying with Thomson to the Caribbean and wondered if anyone knows the cost of pre booking seats ,it's just one flight as it's a transatlantic.

also is it worth booking seats or are we likely to get two together anyway. We don't have any preference where on the plane the seats are as long as we sit together .

Thanks

Hi

The prices are very reasonable.we always pre-book our seats but also as its a long flight we pre-book our seats in the premiair section.it is more expensive but the seats are much bigger,comfortable and loads of leg room.also,the meals are better,you get complimentary drinks service and the entertainment is better.

Hope this helps you

Are you sure about this? I was charged £60 each for bulkhead seats in premium economy on an outbound flight to Barbados. I was about to jump up and down on P&O but having checked the Advice Centre, it was he correct amount.

We reserved our seats last week, bulkhead 1G & 1J for both out and inbound flights Gatwick to Barbados and paid £20ea. - total paid was £80. I was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting to pay £200.

I checked POCruise Advise Centre, their pricing for 2016/17 to the Caribbean is

Standard seat - £20ea.

Emergency exit seat - £60ea

No mention of Economy, Premium Economy or Bulkhead seats.

We paid £20 for the Premium Economy bulkhead seat, it is not an Emergency Exit seat, it must be viewed as a standard seat.

We reserved our seats last week, bulkhead 1G & 1J for both out and inbound flights Gatwick to Barbados and paid £20ea. - total paid was £80. I was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting to pay £200.

Mmm, very interesting. We booked 1H and 1K, and have been charged £60 each. Guess a call to P&O is in order......

Not sure about other airlines, but Thomson allow you to book 90 days before your return flight, which gives advantage to those going for one week.

Personally, we never book. We quite like aisle seats, as you have room to stretch your legs and easy to get out to the loo, but we never seem to get them so guess lots of people must book them!

Not sure about other airlines, but Thomson allow you to book 90 days before your return flight, which gives advantage to those going for one week.

Personally, we never book. We quite like aisle seats, as you have room to stretch your legs and easy to get out to the loo, but we never seem to get them so guess lots of people must book them!

Cruisin Linda, think that only applies if you're on a Thomsons holiday. If you book a P&O Fly Cruise package, then P&O charter the flights and it is P&O who set the dates, prices etc for seat reservations. As others have said, the date will appear in your personaliser and it is 14 weeks before your cruise departure date (although I think higher tier loyalty customers get an extra couple of days notice).

As a general point, you won't get exactly the same service on P&O charters as your flight operator offers for their own holidays, so for example, don't go on Thomsons website and assume details regarding check in, in flight services etc. will be exactly the same, as these are again decided by P&O.

Edited by Fatchemist
typo correction

Mmm, are you sure of your seat numbers? Suggest you re-check before you ring P&O !

Yup, just checked again. We have 1H and 1K. Also, I was able to book them via CP before they opened 'officially'. I had signed into CP at 10:30pm the night before, just to make sure that I had the correct booking number written down. I scrolled down the flight details screen. The outbound flight booking button was greyed out (as expected). For some reason, I scrolled down to the bottom of the screen, and the inbound flight button was green! I pressed it and was allowed to book seats on both flights, even though outbound button had been greyed out :confused: .

Cruisin Linda, think that only applies if you're on a Thomsons holiday. If you book a P&O Fly Cruise package, then P&O charter the flights and it is P&O who set the dates, prices etc for seat reservations. As others have said, the date will appear in your personaliser and it is 14 weeks before your cruise departure date (although I think higher tier loyalty customers get an extra couple of days notice).

As a general point, you won't get exactly the same service on P&O charters as your flight operator offers for their own holidays, so for example, don't go on Thomsons website and assume details regarding check in, in flight services etc. will be exactly the same, as these are again decided by P&O.

Yes you are probably right Fatchemist. On Thomson holidays, if you go with another airline, you sometimes get different luggage allowances. Best to check these things ;)