LIVE From the Serenade of the Seas with Trainman-2 & Judith

Trainman-2

Hi Jim and Judith. Loving every second of yet another great review. Meeting sooo many different people on cruises, you probably wouldn't remember us, but we were your "Lido deck buddies" everyday on the Oasis.

Here is a pic you posted of us all together from your "Live" review. Hope all is well with both of you.

We are doing the Harmony in 2017. Do you have any plans on sailing her? Would love to see you both again...Lisa and Ron

Here is us together.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1483758&page=20

post #390:):):)

Been following your review since we are going to sail Sernade 3-7-16. Got more interesting when you mentioned wiener dogs since we have a long haired daschund. Then you said the Anthem was docking, we sail her 11-22-15 (6 days ). Felt compelled to reply since we love cruises, wiener dogs and your reviews. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Been following your review since we are going to sail Sernade 3-7-16. Got more interesting when you mentioned wiener dogs since we have a long haired daschund. Then you said the Anthem was docking, we sail her 11-22-15 (6 days ). Felt compelled to reply since we love cruises, wiener dogs and your reviews. Thanks.

Derftegel.....we're neighbors! We are in Fairplay....small world!

Now back to the live thread, thanks for all the pictures and info Jim, love getting email notifications that there are updates. Keeps me thinking of our next cruise, only 88 days away :)

Derftegel.....we're neighbors! We are in Fairplay....small world!

Now back to the live thread, thanks for all the pictures and info Jim, love getting email notifications that there are updates. Keeps me thinking of our next cruise, only 88 days away :)

Howdy neighbor

I'm enjoying your review, and the excellent photos. I'm considering the Serenade for Canada/NE next year, so I'm finding this very interesting. I'm a little concerned with all the glass on Radiance-class ships, though. Are there shady areas inside the ship as well as outdoors? I'm sensitive to sunlight, which weighs heavily into my decision. I look forward to reading the rest of your review.

I shot this photo early yesterday morning as the ship was coming into port.

It looked like an old fort, and maybe was part of the island's defenses in the early days.

Looking at the photo now is appears to have been converted into a house of some sort. Your guess is as good as mine!

FSCN1045_zpskeyfzsil.jpg

This is Buck Island, a private Island and residence you can own for the reduced price of $35.5 million as of 2012....originally listed at $50 million so that's a pretty solid reduction!

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/buck-island

This is Buck Island, a private Island and residence you can own for the reduced price of $35.5 million as of 2012....originally listed at $50 million so that's a pretty solid reduction!

I snorkeled on the East side of Buck Island a few years ago...the water was pretty rough that day but it was still beautiful!

Let's see...if you can muster 5% down, that would only be about $156,000 per month before taxes and insurance! ;):)

Are there shady areas inside the ship as well as outdoors? I'm sensitive to sunlight, which weighs heavily into my decision.

I too am sensitive to sunlight!

No need to worry at all!

There are plenty of shady areas! You may need to move around now and then if you are on the pool deck as the sun moves during the day. There are plenty of great places that are shady both inside and out.

We went ashore today without our walkers which turned out OK.

We hired Taxi operated by a local girl with a great personality who drove us all over the island.

Judith had visited St Kitts for several weeks 20 years ago and could hardly recognize the place.

We did a lot of exploring the shopping areas, bought some stuff, and did some monkeying around.

DSCN1184_zpsubwsfxmi.jpg

DSCN1180_zpsdzc9nfjp.jpg

More later...

Hi, I am really enjoying your posts as we are doing this exact same run with Serenade in January. My wife and I aren't "show" people but we really enjoy the Movies under the stars on Princess. Could you tell me what's been playing on the outdoor movie screen on Serenade and how often are the movies shown?

Thanks

We went ashore today without our walkers which turned out OK.

We hired Taxi operated by a local girl with a great personality who drove us all over the island.

Judith had visited St Kitts for several weeks 20 years ago and could hardly recognize the place.

We did a lot of exploring the shopping areas, bought some stuff, and did some monkeying around.

DSCN1184_zpsubwsfxmi.jpg

DSCN1180_zpsdzc9nfjp.jpg

More later...

Did you each pick the back round stores to stand in front of? They are a perfect fit! Great to know you are having a great time.