In Suite Bar

English Tim

Attended Seabourn presentation at London Cruise Show and asked about in suite bar. We were told that any requests will be graciously fulfilled.

I specifically asked about any brands of Champagne, rather than the standard Nicholas Feuillatte and was told whatever we desire.

Has anyone asked for and received such beverages?

Tim, 12 months ago you started a thread about Azamara and the " more inclusive offer" and what was and was not included.

I am sorry but this thread is more of the same, Seabourn will not stock your bar with vintage champagne, as you well know, once board they have vintage selection wines that you can pay for, if you so choose and as a past Seabourn cruiser you must be well aware of this.

Tim, 12 months ago you started a thread about Azamara and the " more inclusive offer" and what was and was not included.

I am sorry but this thread is more of the same, Seabourn will not stock your bar with vintage champagne, as you well know, once board they have vintage selection wines that you can pay for, if you so choose and as a past Seabourn cruiser you must be well aware of this.

I was told this by Seabourn at the cruise show. I specifically asked the question and was told whatever you ask, it will be provided, which I found most strange. Maybe things have changed, but in any case no excuse for your aggressive response.

If you don't know any different you're not in a position to pass judgement.:p

Attended Seabourn presentation at London Cruise Show and asked about in suite bar. We were told that any requests will be graciously fulfilled.

I specifically asked about any brands of Champagne, rather than the standard Nicholas Feuillatte and was told whatever we desire.

Dear Tim

Let me first say I appreciate your reviews. :)

I have never asked specifically for vintage champagnes in my room........though I have bought them on board. I think though your request wouldn't work from a profit stand point. My bottle of Cointreau that is not on the list will take many days to consume but you can buy vintage Champagne for the same price point and consume it in one night. Therefore if you are going to have that replaced each day that is going cost a lot of money. Especially if you multiply it by many guests taking advantage of the offer.

Sorry, but I think you were misinformed by the sales person........who may not have as many days, if any, on Seabourn that you do.:o

Seabourn mentions on its website that in the matter of champagne it also has available:

Piper-Heidsieck, Brut, Reims

Moët & Chandon, Cuvée Dom Pérignon

Veuve Clicquot, La Grand Dame, Reims

They would be happy to graciously fulfill your request for same. Just don't assume it is free just because it is available.

Dear Tim

Let me first say I appreciate your reviews. :)

I have never asked specifically for vintage champagnes in my room........though I have bought them on board. I think though your request wouldn't work from a profit stand point. My bottle of Cointreau that is not on the list will take many days to consume but you can buy vintage Champagne for the same price point and consume it in one night. Therefore if you are going to have that replaced each day that is going cost a lot of money. Especially if you multiply it by many guests taking advantage of the offer.

Sorry, but I think you were misinformed by the sales person........who may not have as many days, if any, on Seabourn that you do.:o

Seabourn mentions on its website that in the matter of champagne it also has available:

Piper-Heidsieck, Brut, Reims

Moët & Chandon, Cuvée Dom Pérignon

Veuve Clicquot, La Grand Dame, Reims

They would be happy to graciously fulfill your request for same. Just don't assume it is free just because it is available.

Thanks for your polite responses. True it doesn't make economic sense, which is why I specifically mentioned the cost.

One of the main benefits of these shows is being able to sit down on a one to one basis and get any questions answered by experts. I shall now raise this discussion with Seabourn, in writing, as if sales consultants are getting it wrong, they are damaging Seabourn's good name.

My wife was very with the presentation so we thought we'd talk to them and get finer detail. I stress that it wasn't the presenter who spoke with us on the stand, lest Seabourn be reading this exchange.

One other point I am having trouble with, is we were told that one can have dinner in suite, wearing pyjamas. I don't wear any! :) :)

There are rare(ish) items that aren't expensive but hard to find in some areas. We had our cabin stocked with Tanqueray Rangpur Gin (me) and cases of diet Mountain Dew. Waiting to see if they will find these for our Singapore- Mumbai leg next week!

On our first Seabourn cruise, last year, I asked for Jim Beam, which was on the website product list. On boarding I asked if I could exchange it for Makers Mark, which they did immediately and left the Jim Beam as well. Needless to say most came home with me, such is the excellent service from the bars.

This got me thinking that maybe they do provide other Champagnes, so I have asked Seabourn to clarify this in writing and if the staff member at the show, got it wrong, they can be advised.

I know I'm missing something here. I can't imagine that the brand of "free" champagne available would be either a deal-breaker or worth more than about 10 minutes of my pre-cruise planning time. The only issue would be if I wanted something specific out of the ordinary and arranged well beforehand for them to stock it (possibly at additional cost to me).

Just wondering...

It also depends on the level of suite.

When in owners Waldo Jnr got Tanq 10

but in v6 he got a standard (shock horror)

IMO it depends upon what you ask for. On my first cruise I was very specific with asking for Hedricks Gin and Stoli Elit vodka. Regular room. I ended up getting both (Thanks Karl and staff!). So be specific and push. However If I asked for say Middleton or Bollinger I would expect to be charged.

If you got a free bottle of Dom Perignon it was probably because you used your Amex Platinum to pay and that is one of the perks. Trust me, they don't give out free DP to everyone.

I have an AMEX Platinum, trouble is as it was issued in UK, it doesn't count unless I pay for the cruise through their travel dept, which then is too expensive!

I have an AMEX Platinum, trouble is as it was issued in UK, it doesn't count unless I pay for the cruise through their travel dept, which then is too expensive!

Correct, the T's & C's for the UK Platinum card state that the cruise must be booked with Amex Plat Travel in order to get the benefits. We booked our first cruise with them which was on Silversea. We found them to be actually not a very good TA, and we changed to a different TA for all subsequent cruises. The discounts offered by our present TA are certainly more beneficial in value than a bottle of Dom. Additionally, they always secure a good OBC for us, and have proved able to negotiate and deal persuasively with SB when necessary regarding fare reductions and other issues.

Correct, the T's & C's for the UK Platinum card state that the cruise must be booked with Amex Plat Travel in order to get the benefits. We booked our first cruise with them which was on Silversea. We found them to be actually not a very good TA, and we changed to a different TA for all subsequent cruises. The discounts offered by our present TA are certainly more beneficial in value than a bottle of Dom. Additionally, they always secure a good OBC for us, and have proved able to negotiate and deal persuasively with SB when necessary regarding fare reductions and other issues.

Do you deal with 'Royalty' when booking your cruises.;)

It also depends on the level of suite.

When in owners Waldo Jnr got Tanq 10

but in v6 he got a standard (shock horror)

I thought on Seabourn, all guests were treated equally. I can assure you that our experience of being in a premium suite (we have been in Winter Garden and Owners Suites) when having room service in them we could only have glasses of wine and champagne served to us.

Perhaps ship to ship variation?

We had owners and when i asked for a glass of champagne they sent me a whole bottle….

You will always find exceptions to any rule. We have gotten a whole bottle and we have been told that we must order by the glass. For expectations I would count on a glass and be pleasantly surprised if given a bottle.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Needless to say most came home with me

This could be one of the reasons why Seabourn is hesitant to give full bottles of champagne on request. Although, my guess is past experience showed Seabourn that guests would order a bottle, drink 3 or 4 glasses, then leave the remainder of the bottle uncovered and unrefrigerated (e.g. wasted).

Good luck on securing a different brand of complimentary champagne - I am among those who would enjoy an alternative. I was able to get Seabourn to procure a case or two of nice Cotes de Provence rose to replace the standard JP Chenet. Once the guests found out about the new option, it was gone within 2 days. Rose, however, is usually much cheaper than champagne.

This could be one of the reasons why Seabourn is hesitant to give full bottles of champagne on request. Although, my guess is past experience showed Seabourn that guests would order a bottle, drink 3 or 4 glasses, then leave the remainder of the bottle uncovered and unrefrigerated (e.g. wasted).

Good luck on securing a different brand of complimentary champagne - I am among those who would enjoy an alternative. I was able to get Seabourn to procure a case or two of nice Cotes de Provence rose to replace the standard JP Chenet. Once the guests found out about the new option, it was gone within 2 days. Rose, however, is usually much cheaper than champagne.

I have had an email from Seabourn, advising me that their rep at the London Cruise Show gave incorrect information, despite me querying it.

It is as I thought, but I have found staff at these shows to be badly trained, incompetent or dishonest, which is very disappointing. I like to know in advance, exactly what I have paid for, rather than be disappointed on-board. I find CC so useful, far better than any agent.

Re the other bottles in the suite, we like to drink in company, rather on our own in the suite, with the exception of Champagne, so liquor rarely get's touched, but nice to have the flexibility.