Post-Cruise Surveys

hoya68

My wife and I recently completed the post-cruise surveys which were mailed to us. We both had some detailed praise and criticisms. Has anyone ever received a response from Seabourn to these surveys and, if so, how long did it take for Seabourn to respond? Does anyone have any other indications that Seabourn pays attention to the survey responses.

You used to fill these out onboard the last day of the cruise. Now they come online (at least to me) and I have never received a response. You will more likely receive some sort of response onboard from the mid cruise survey.

You used to fill these out onboard the last day of the cruise. Now they come online (at least to me) and I have never received a response. You will more likely receive some sort of response onboard from the mid cruise survey.

And don't be too slow replying either. I filled mine in a few days after I received it, my wife got to it perhaps a couple of weeks after we returned, no more than 3, and found it had already expired.

Definitely understand that seabourn wants comments fresh after a cruise, but I'd have thought allowing people a month to reply would be reasonable.

My last cruise ended the 12th (I received my first survey then). On the 15th I was sent a second survey link with a note that I must not have seen the first. I think they should probably add text to the email that you have X days before you've missed the boat. In my case Im not sure what the hurry is, there's no Pride for them to go back to and multiple emails across three days seems rather more like pestering.

We filled out one survey on board and another on line and have received no response from Seabourn to either of our efforts. I must admit that I really don't expect a response. I just hope that someone is paying attention.

My wife and I recently completed the post-cruise surveys which were mailed to us. We both had some detailed praise and criticisms. Has anyone ever received a response from Seabourn to these surveys and, if so, how long did it take for Seabourn to respond? Does anyone have any other indications that Seabourn pays attention to the survey responses.

Don't think we've received responses on post trip surveys but always, staff was very responsive onboard if we left comments at Seabourn Square - positive and negative. Upcoming cruise will be our 4th with Seabourn.

We were on the Pride in September on the Route of Britannia cruise. When we reached London the ship's tender service to Millennium Pier had a problem and most of us were delayed several hours getting ashore, with many missing plane and train connections (we missed our train).

When we filled in the comment form, we mentioned this situation, but never received even an apology in return. It made us feel as though filling in the comment card is a waste of time and that no one really pays attention or cares.

If SB wants people to fill them in, they really should have some sort of system to respond to important issues that are mentioned.

Edited by commodoredave

They have never responded to post cruise comments cards. Somehow this has become another nit to pick.

Our tender service ashore was delayed 3 hours, costing many of us lost time and money to rebook transportation, never mind standing in line waiting and not knowing what was happening.

To me, that is more than a nit to pick; it was a legitimate criticism that deserved a response.

The comment cards are read, but are not the place to raise issues related to missing connections. They are to praise staff - the crew are glad when you ask for their full names for the 'comment cards' - or make suggestions, e.g. Ban smoking in .... Crew can be promoted based on positive comments.

Having done multiple cruises and never getting a response to my comments nor have any others that have replied here if you want a response then call Seabourn and have a discussion about the specific issue you had. Realistically how many people disembark every week, if they had to respond to each comment card / online survey they would need to hire 1 or 2 more people and then to not raise the fare cut costs on wine or some other subject that we all complain about on this board. My experience has been if there is an issue when on-board bring it to the attention of the HOTMAN or other applicable manager and it gets resolved, or if post cruise call Seabourn.

In my experience it is is always best to speak to someone about an issue as opposed to answering a survey. In my professional life if a client calls or emails we RESOLVE the issue ASAP if they tell us weeks or more after the fact other than express regrets there is not much we can do about a problem that no longer exists.

I agree with 2SailingNomads fully.

I view the comment cards as score cards which are statistical measures that show trends over time across Seabourn departments. They are only personal insofar as specific crew members' names are mentioned and I understand that they then may receive benefit from their managers.

If I had a particular complaint or even an observation I thought would be useful I would bring it to the Guest Services Manager or Hotel Manager during the cruise in the expectation I would receive feedback then and there. But for something else e.g. at the end of the cruise or vexing (and what could that possibly be on Seabourn anyway?) I would talk to my TA about next steps such as writing to Seattle head office. I have done so about their outsourced luggage forward service and received satisfactory responses within 2 weeks.

Happy sailing!

• 3 weeks later...

Never received any response/follow up after the survey was completed.

We missed the deadline this time and was not able to complete one as it was filtered out as Spam. Does anyone knows any other ways I can do the survey as I had some very bad experience I want them to know. At the same time, I also want to mention some excellent crew members to Seabourn.

Completing the Online Guest Satisfaction Survey is very important -- not only the scores but noting specifics in the details. They are studied at the corporate headquarters.

We received this response to our online survey after our 1st Seabourn cruise last November (which we had rated very highly but detailed a couple of specific areas that were not positive to the overall experience.)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for submitting your Guest Satisfaction Survey from your recent Seabourn sailing aboard the Pride. We greatly value all feedback from our guests, as it helps us to refine the Seabourn experience for all of our travelers.

Be assured we have noted your thoughts and opinions in full and the details you shared with us have been registered against this ship and sailing. If there is anything additional you would like to discuss or follow up on, please feel free to contact our Guest Relations team directly; you may reach us by email at guestrelations@seabourn.com or by phone at 1-800-628-2298.

Again, we want you to know that we truly appreciate your taking the time to provide your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you aboard another Seabourn sailing very soon.

Completing the Online Guest Satisfaction Survey is very important -- not only the scores but noting specifics in the details. They are studied at the corporate headquarters.

We received this response to our online survey after our 1st Seabourn cruise last November (which we had rated very highly but detailed a couple of specific areas that were not positive to the overall experience.)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for submitting your Guest Satisfaction Survey from your recent Seabourn sailing aboard the Pride. We greatly value all feedback from our guests, as it helps us to refine the Seabourn experience for all of our travelers.

Be assured we have noted your thoughts and opinions in full and the details you shared with us have been registered against this ship and sailing. If there is anything additional you would like to discuss or follow up on, please feel free to contact our Guest Relations team directly; you may reach us by email at guestrelations@seabourn.com or by phone at 1-800-628-2298.

Again, we want you to know that we truly appreciate your taking the time to provide your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you aboard another Seabourn sailing very soon.

Yes, we did receive this generic letter after completing the survey. What I meant is the more specific response addressing the concerns raised in the survey.

Yes, we did receive this generic letter after completing the survey. What I meant is the more specific response addressing the concerns raised in the survey.

We understood it to mean "we heard you and have noted"; and "if you want some further resolution, here's how to follow up with guest relations for more specific action."

Curious, have others followed up with guest relations and then not got a reply?

Consider yourself lucky. We did not even receive the automated response. Some believe the surveys are only to praise the service and give credit to crew members. We thought it was to give a fair evaluation of the cruise -- from embarkation through disembarkation -- so that overall service could be improved and individual issues addressed. However, given the responses on this thread, I am beginning to agree that it is really a waste of time to fill out the survey except for the one offered mid-cruise. However, this has not been our experience on other cruise lines such as Regent, Crystal and Celebrity, all of whom have responded to our surveys. I guess it really depends on how interested a cruise line is in getting your true opinions

Consider yourself lucky. We did not even receive the automated response. Some believe the surveys are only to praise the service and give credit to crew members. We thought it was to give a fair evaluation of the cruise -- from embarkation through disembarkation -- so that overall service could be improved and individual issues addressed. However, given the responses on this thread, I am beginning to agree that it is really a waste of time to fill out the survey except for the one offered mid-cruise. However, this has not been our experience on other cruise lines such as Regent, Crystal and Celebrity, all of whom have responded to our surveys. I guess it really depends on how interested a cruise line is in getting your true opinions

Therein lies the problem. If some people only use the forms for praise and tell others 'oh no, never mind what the form says - only use it for praise" you have corporate readers who are getting a very distorted view of whats going on. IMO the praise only crowd is doing a massive disservice to themselves, the hard working crew members and every future passenger.

We had an issue in July on our Baltic cruise on Sojourn. We expressed concern on the ship and again on the online survey when we returned. We received the "generic letter" and I did call the number given in the letter and left a message. One day later I received a call from someone from the corporate office. They expressed their understanding of my issue (most will guess what this was). Although it has not been resolved, the person I spoke with did understand and I felt I was at least listened to.