Absolutely appalling behavior from a Diamond member

Hi all,

We were on the Allure last week (I will post a more detailed review later) but I wanted to bring up an experience we had at guest services.

We were in line (for something really minor, mind you) and there were only two VERY overworked people at the desk. The lady in front of us got up to the front and started SCREAMING at the poor lady, calling her names, swearing, demanding compensation for having to wait, and following it all up with, "I'm a DIAMOND member, and I pay YOUR paycheck." Thankfully some people, including ourselves, told the lady off and to leave the poor attendant (who looked like she was about to cry) alone.

Just...don't treat customer service people like crap. I don't care how high of a level you are, but please don't treat customer service workers like they're subhuman.

I can't stand passengers that flaunt their status. What do they want, applause, pat on the back, what they want is every single person on the ship to recognize how important they think they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos to you OP for defending the staff member. Whenever I witness that type of behavior I don't hesitate to remind the aggressor that the person they are speaking to is a human being and deserves the same basic respect that everyone else does. There are many suitable ways for someone communicate their displeasure without resorting to verbal abuse. Just because someone works in a customer service position doesn't mean they should be subject to this type of behavior.

Sadly, this happens all too often because the employee, in many cases, has no other choice but to stand there and take it. They are more or less defenseless in a situation such as this one. And that is why I always choose to say to the aggressor what the employee is probably thinking silently to themselves.

I just don't get why people think there status matters. Guess what, the line doesn't care one bit. Oh sure they put on a good show making you think they do, but come on.

This is like when I worked at Disney and I would be reminded that the guest I am helping is an AP!!!!!!!!

I can't stand passengers that flaunt their status. What do they want, applause, pat on the back, what they want is every single person on the ship to recognize how important they think they are.

Isn't that the entire reason for people walking around with their Pinnacle pins on? My friend and I just laughed on Harmony every time we would walk past them. As we quietly would say 'oh yeah? Well I'm gold!'

This is the same garbage who removes tips and then "rewards" the crew with $10 T-shirts with Boise, Idaho stencilled on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

read on Disney boards/not here, people talking about how thankful the staff is for their family pictures, and bags of candy left in place of cash tips. They also brag about bringing their "old" clothes and donating them to the adoring staff members who fall over themselves thanking the rich American cruisers for their generosity of used clothes. Idiots..

read on Disney boards/not here, people talking about how thankful the staff is for their family pictures, and bags of candy left in place of cash tips. They also brag about bringing their "old" clothes and donating them to the adoring staff members who fall over themselves thanking the rich American cruisers for their generosity of used clothes. Idiots..

Every time I think we as "humans" can't get any more despicable, we do. I could reference a few recent news items as proof, but I'll be good [emoji56]

She must have been cruising on Carnival.

Not fair to Carnival.

Plently of ill-mannered entitled jerks everywhere.

As for Pinnacle pin wearers, I read that Royal has asked them to wear them around the ship.

Hmm. Do you mean DISboards? I know those folks do offen believe the staff wants to be their friends (because that is absolutely the product and image Disney sells), but I think you're exaggerating a wee bit. And IIRC, there were usually plenty of people willing to point out that cash was the better gift. They're not all "idiots".

(For what it's worth, I've seen those same threads here on CC, and some percentage of CC members do also believe the staff is their friends and wants those t-shirts and candy. It's not just DCL.)

Hmm. Do you mean DISboards? I know those folks do offen believe the staff wants to be their friends (because that is absolutely the product and image Disney sells), but I think you're exaggerating a wee bit. And IIRC, there were usually plenty of people willing to point out that cash was the better gift. They're not all "idiots".

(For what it's worth, I've seen those same threads here on CC, and some percentage of CC members do also believe the staff is their friends and wants those t-shirts and candy. It's not just DCL.)

That attitude is on every forum here. Every single one. It's a bug that is tremendously difficult to squash.

It was honestly hard to understand her with all the screaming, but it was a litany of things from luggage to robes to something about Chops? I dunno but me and probably about 4 other people told her to take a hike.

Also, LOL at the United comment.

I can neither confirm nor deny where I read those stories ;) I distinctly recall people claiming that the room attendants had gone crazy for bags of candy/cookies/ etc. There are also the people who print cards with their family picture as a memento for the staff members. The clothing thing is also on the theme park boards. The people claim that the housekeepers love when you leave your old clothing behind. Cash people, they want CASH, not trinkets, old clothes, bags of old Halloween candy, or a pretty framed photo of your family. The people who leave those items rather than CASH are idiots