Seaside Aurea Grand suites 11003,11002,10003,10002,12003,12002 Etc

dmccadden

Funat ... S3 is an Aurea Suite, SJ3 is a Suite with whirlpool bath, I think CDP have made a mistake, though I seem to recall 9001 being the same colour code as an SJ3

suite and therefore not a GS.

Good grief, I hope you are wrong lol. My receipt and paperwork say SE3 Grand Suite. That would be a big mistake on their part.

To avoid this problem for our march cruise I have 2 units a corner AFT and a Yatch Club reservation, after they devele the ship then im going to decide which one to keep but I know that there is going to be more surprises from now till the first booking. Seems that they don't want the other lines to copy them so they have a mystery around the ship that I know that until the last minute there is going to be surprises some good, some not so.

We did the same. We're not sailing until next summer so I have a variety of suites booked to see what will be the best option for us once we can actually see the layout. Good luck!

To avoid this problem for our march cruise I have 2 units a corner AFT and a Yatch Club reservation, after they devele the ship then im going to decide which one to keep but I know that there is going to be more surprises from now till the first booking. Seems that they don't want the other lines to copy them so they have a mystery around the ship that I know that until the last minute there is going to be surprises some good, some not so.

Yes I can confirm that I booked A GS 14003 on the Seaside only last week with an agent via the UK site. The image shows 2 beds and 2 baths, the agent even read this out to me during booking.

Now we are only a party of 2 but that's not the point. We like large suites, this room was actually more expensive than the YC suite so we chose the GS for the space. We are paying over $6,500 for a 14 night holiday, and if I am not in a 2 bed suite there will be merry hell to pay.

i believe that there is only three 2+2 suites on seaside and gs14003 is not one of them

To avoid this problem for our march cruise I have 2 units ....

I am amazed MSC would let you have two different cabins booked on the same cruise. I thought on most cruise lines that is not possible.

We did the same. We're not sailing until next summer so I have a variety of suites booked to see what will be the best option for us once we can actually see the layout.

So you along with it seems others are actually preventing more people from booking a cabin on the ship on your sail dates! It is time that this nonsense was stopped.

So you along with it seems others are actually preventing more people from booking a cabin on the ship on your sail dates! It is time that this nonsense was stopped.

I've always thought that it was so unfair and wrong that people (specifically in the US) could 'reserve' cabins up 'til final payment date, then just ditch the booking without penalty. At least MSC has done something about it by extending the final payment date:

"MSC Cruises has changed the final payment date for all new bookings made in the United States.

Starting July 17, the line's final payment date went from being due 60 days from departure to 90 days. The change brings the line's final payment date into alignment with its cancellation policy for bookings made in the U.S.

The change also makes MSC's policy one of the tightest in the industry with most U.S.-based cruise lines requiring final payment on non-holiday, one-week Caribbean cruises at 75 days out from sailing."

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7950

To prevent this, it would be great if MSC had transparency and accurate information on their website. I booked a 2/2. Now no one knows what it is and no one can confirm with certainty. That's on them, not me.

However, before you judge me or blame me for MSC's booking system - why don't you ask if I booked on the same cruise or if I found alternatives on different dates? But thanks for jumping to conclusions.

We did the same. We're not sailing until next summer so I have a variety of suites booked to see what will be the best option for us once we can actually see the layout.

Wish they could magically make it a 2/2! :-D I'm booked in that one for late next summer.

I hear what you are saying. I'm following along but I'm actually on the Seaview not the Seaside. My sister is my TA and MSC told her that these are sister ships but not twin sisters so there will be some changes on the Seaview They insist that 9001 on the Seaview will be a two bedroom but it didn't sound like a true two bedroom because they said the room would have a partition. All I really care about is that each adult has their own bed. We are all family but there are no couples.

Sidari, thank you for all your research. I appreciate your time and efforts

Thank you. I agree, it's a flawed system But right now with their flawed information, I'm trying to make it work for my family.

I personally think the deposits should be increased. Cruisers would have to plan at least a bit more definitively and I don't think there would be quite so many cancellations. but that's another thread.

Question - I just posted on another thread, but does anyone know the dimensions/layout of the corner GS's? I'm in what looks like one of the smallest 01's (9001) and if I'm in a one room suite, I think we'd be happier in what appears to be a larger corner suite. Did anyone find out for sure if there's a side balcony on the corners? From the front, it looks like an ocean view only.

Prosecco ... The post was aimed at MSC for allowing it to happen.

The Corner Suites have a side balcony, some, maybe not all, may well have a front balcony to use when in port.

Check out the Drone video you will be able to check out the side balconies.

Thank you. I agree, it's a flawed system But right now with their flawed information, I'm trying to make it work for my family.

I personally think the deposits should be increased. Cruisers would have to plan at least a bit more definitively and I don't think there would be quite so many cancellations. but that's another thread.

Question - I just posted on another thread, but does anyone know the dimensions/layout of the corner GS's? I'm in what looks like one of the smallest 01's (9001) and if I'm in a one room suite, I think we'd be happier in what appears to be a larger corner suite. Did anyone find out for sure if there's a side balcony on the corners? From the front, it looks like an ocean view only.

I am not sure that corner cabins 9002 and 9003 are classified as GSs, then again they could be the only two Fantastica GS suites. Afterall, deck 12 has two Wellness GS, 12002 and 12003. 9001 is a center Aurea Suite or GS. I say "or" because the color code is not the same as the regular Aurea GS cabins.

Here are some dimensions that I had noted while checking GS and other cabins as they became available.

Surface 527.44 sft

Balcony 182.99 sft

Surface 522.05 sft

Balcony 129.17 sft

Surface 527.44 sftBalcony 182.99 sft

Surface 425.18 sft

Balcony 118.40

Surface 398.27 sftBalcony 220.66 sft

Surface 296 sft

Balcony 409 sft

Surface 344.45 sft

Balcony 94.72

Surface 398.27 sft

Balcony 220.66 sft

Surface 371.36 sft

Balcony 107.64 sft

I would not be surprised to see the other GS one bedroom/ 1 bathroom re designated at some point, the floor plan for the GS 2+2 shows the vestibule/cubicle as does the computer rendering.

The other two 9002/3 are just Fantastica suites currently.

Thank you for posting!

I am not sure that corner cabins 9002 and 9003 are classified as GSs, then again they could be the only two Fantastica GS suites. Afterall, deck 12 has two Wellness GS, 12002 and 12003. 9001 is a center Aurea Suite or GS. I say "or" because the color code is not the same as the regular Aurea GS cabins.

I now have the latest current paper copy of the MSC 2018/19 Brochure, Cabins 9002 and 9003 appear to be shown on the Deck plans as Fantastica Super Family Cabins, The rest at the front appear to be Aurea GS apart from the Two Wellness GS, though it does not give configurations for any of them.

I now have the latest current paper copy of the MSC 2018/19 Brochure, Cabins 9002 and 9003 appear to be shown on the Deck plans as Fantastica Super Family Cabins, The rest at the front appear to be Aurea GS apart from the Two Wellness GS, though it does not give configurations for any of them.

Does the paper version still have 10002/10003 as Wellness Interior (light pink color) like the PDF does?