Comparing Paradise and Splendor

stacied68

We just returned from a cruise on Carnival Paradise. Had a beyond wonderful time!!! We are already planning the next one. We are considering an Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Miami on the Carnival Splendor. Can someone share with me some of the differences in these two ships?

There is no comparison. The Paradise is a rusty bucket compared to the Splendor. You will love it. You can have a good time on either ship but Splendor is much nicer in any way. The Paradise is like the Staten island ferry.

Most will say the Splendor is pink, all I saw were circles everywhere.

She's very similar to the Conquest class. She has a major bottleneck entering the ATD MDR. Whoever decided that photog areas were to be set up in the line up area didn't think it through.

Make sure to check out the Tandoor aft starboard. It's open for lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've been on the Paradise twice. Loved it! It is definitely smaller and older, but never the less, good food, lots of fun, and great atmosphere.

Going on the Splendor in October so I can offer better comparisons then. But I have been on Conquest, Glory, and Legend and they are larger and have more dining venues and common areas. All of them have been wonderful. My understanding is that while Splendor is in a class all its own, it is quite similar to the Conquest class.

My latest thing is to go on 8-day or longer, so no Paradise these days, but I would still go back and sail the Paradise again - no way is it a rust bucket or the pits.

Ive had fantastic cruises on both ships, and have no doubts that you will as well. As noted, "Splendor" is a much larger ship, with a bit more to offer, but lots more passengers as well. Bottom line, if you loved "Paradise", you'll probably go bonkers over "Splendor". ;)

"SKY"

We've cruised on both (Paradise 2012, Splendor 2015), and enjoyed both ships, but I think I liked Splendor more. It's a larger boat, and I really liked the retractable roof over the lido deck. For our cruise to Canada, it was needed - and it's great in the rain. Can't beat the Cloud 9 Spa with the thalossotherapy pool. We'd go back on both, but the Splendor would be our 1st choice of the 2, I think :). And, agreed: Tandoor is awesome.

We just returned from a cruise on Carnival Paradise. Had a beyond wonderful time!!! We are already planning the next one. We are considering an Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Miami on the Carnival Splendor. Can someone share with me some of the differences in these two ships?

Splendor is a much nicer ship.

There is no comparison. The Paradise is a rusty bucket compared to the Splendor. You will love it. You can have a good time on either ship but Splendor is much nicer in any way. The Paradise is like the Staten island ferry.

Paradise really needs a make over.

Brutal, but very accurate. :D

Two altogether different animals. One a Fantasy Class ship of the 90s, the other a beautiful ship (sister to the Costa Concordia, incidentally). Cruised the Splendor 3 times when she was in California. My favorite, so far.

I had read some rather negative reviews of the Splendor after we booked our cruise, which left me somewhat worried, but we just returned last weekend and loved her! I was worried the pink donut theme would get old really quick, but it didn't bother me at all. (maybe because we were in one of the new rooms that has a blue and yellow theme, which I really liked). Our cruise director was Chloe and we loved her! She was fantastic. We found the crew to be the best we've had so far, not that we've really had any complaints on any of our sailings though. I wouldn't hesitate to book the Splendor again.

We did find the lido deck to be a little crowded to walk though but not unbearable. We thought that she would be a lot like the Conquest class ships (like Valor and Liberty which we previously sailed), but she felt different once we were on board; lido deck in particular with the retractable roof over the center portion instead of aft. Not bad, just different.

Well crap. We booked a cruise on the Paradise for October. It'll be my 3 year old sons gold cruise! Hopefully we'll love the rusty bucket

Don't worry, you will love it!! She's an awesome ship!!