Best shuttles from LAX to...

Looking for some information on shuttles that will go from Lax to Disney and from Disney to Queen Mary in Longbeach(cheaper to).. Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks..

Prime Time has a special price to Disneyland. Can't remember what it is. But...there is a cheap bus to Disneyland ($15.00, I think).

I use Shuttle 2 LAX for $20.00 for the first and $10 for each additional. Not good for the pier.

Renee

Prime Time has a special price to Disneyland. Can't remember what it is. But...there is a cheap bus to Disneyland ($15.00, I think).

I use Shuttle 2 LAX for $20.00 for the first and $10 for each additional. Not good for the pier.

Renee

Thank you..

If you're going to use PT (which I found to be unreliable when we used them -- they sent the driver to the port instead of our house on our embarkation day and the reverse on the day we got off the ship), insist on them giving you a verbal call that morning rather than their pre-recorded message (which will just state that your driver is on the way to pick you up -- but doesn't say from where).

If I were you, I would do more checking on other alternatives. There are several car services in the Southern California area that will pick you up from any location and take you to another location.

Prime Time and Super Shuttle have the contracts for shuttle service at LAX allowing them to troll the airport searching for fares. Other companies are only allowed to pick up people who already have reservations with them. This means that PT and SS will generally have the lowest prices, but they will also take you around the airport several times (technically they are only supposed to make 3 circles, but drivers will do more if they can get away with it) and you may make several stops on the way to your destination. The last time I used SS (I live about a mile from Disneyland) we made 4 stops after they picked up me and I was the second group on board so a total of 6 goups. We were late getting to the airport, which did not please any of us. Coming back from the airport it was the same story.

I normally use www.Karmel.com . They charge a little more, but guarantee only one other stop and I have had great service from them. However another person on these boards had an issue with them, so you pays your money and you takes your chances.

If you have a larger group, check with any of the shuttle companies about getting an exclusive. For 6 or more it can be very cost effective and you get better sevice.

Enjoy your trip

Ron

Do you know how shuttle2Lax is?? As I see it it looks like I can get a shuttle from Anaheim to Long Beach for $20??

I don't think that's true. If you look on their website, you can only go to/from LAX and not between two outlying points. I suppose you could make 2 reservations and "connect" at LAX.

Definitely google "Shuttle to LAX reviews". There are 69 Yelp reviews that seem to be either 1 or 5 stars (the average is 2.5, halfway between the extremes). Since they resell capacity on other shuttle companies it probably depends on the shuttle you actually get.

Do you know how shuttle2Lax is?? As I see it it looks like I can get a shuttle from Anaheim to Long Beach for $20??

It's basically Prime Time Shuttle. I haven't heard of anyone getting any other shuttle (which would be Supershuttle) from this site.

I consistently use Shuttle2LAX at least a half a dozen times a year. It is $20 for the first person and $10 each additional. One leg must start or end at LAX. Their radius is quite broad. I make my reservations and receive a confirmation with Prime Time shuttle. I am overly cautious and therefore always book an earlier time to allow for problems.

Yes, they are allowed to make multiple runs around LAX before departing. Most often, I am the last to be picked up due to my proximity to a major highway.

I highly recommend them.

The only issue I've encountered is that multiple pick ups can not be booked together. So either my friend needs to make it to my house or we have to schedule near arrival times to LAX.

Renee

I consistently use Shuttle2LAX at least a half a dozen times a year. It is $20 for the first person and $10 each additional. One leg must start or end at LAX. Their radius is quite broad. I make my reservations and receive a confirmation with Prime Time shuttle. I am overly cautious and therefore always book an earlier time to allow for problems.

Yes, they are allowed to make multiple runs around LAX before departing. Most often, I am the last to be picked up due to my proximity to a major highway.

I highly recommend them.

The only issue I've encountered is that multiple pick ups can not be booked together. So either my friend needs to make it to my house or we have to schedule near arrival times to LAX.

Renee

When I had booked with them, I did receive an email confirmation with all the right info. Whoever does the scheduling for them messed up big time for us when the driver was sent to the port on the day of our cruise, instead of our house, and the reverse on the day we got off the ship. The phone call we got the first morning (and on the last morning) was a recorded message that simply said that our driver "was on the way." At least,when we used On Time for our December cruise, we got a confirmation call that morning with a human voice we told me that the driver was coming to our house (and he got there even before our arranged time, but we were ready) and on the ship the last day, the driver called to tell me he was about to enter the port.

• 2 years later...

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, USE PRIME TIME SHUTTLE OR IT'S SISTER COMPANY, SHUTTLE2LAX (they're the same company)!! Customer service is non-existent! And don't be fooled by the company's response to each bad review that they're sorry and will look into the complaint and/or refund your money ... THEY DON'T AND THEY WON'T!!

For 2 1/2 yrs, I've been commuting from Nor Cal to So Cal (Woodland Hills) for work. I found Shuttle2LAX via Google and because it's only $20 each way, I used them every Monday morning from LAX to my office and, again, Wednesday nights from Woodland Hills to LAX. Monday mornings were a nightmare! Reserved and paid for well in advance, I still waited between 30-60 min. After 2 yrs, I changed to Super Shuttle on Monday's, still using Shuttle2LAX/Prime Time on Wednesday's, again, because it's only $20. Every Wednesday, it's the same thing .. the time changes either (way) earlier than I need or later. I get it, it's a shared ride.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 15, 2015 WAS THE BREAKING POINT! AFTER BEING A LOYAL CUSTOMER FOR 2/12 YRS, FOR WHICH THEY CARE LESS, I'M DONE! I WOULDN'T USE THIS COMPANY IF IT WAS FREE! My pick-up time was 4:50 p.m. By 5:15, I hadn't received a call or text advising me that my vehicle was on-site. I called and after the usual 15 minute hold (it's usually longer), I was told, after the dispatcher spoke to the driver, that he waited at my pick-up location and after calling me with no answer, left after the "allotted 15 minute company policy time". HE NEVER CALLED OR TEXTED! I told her I've been doing this for 2 1/2 yrs, I know the drill. Her suggestion was to call a cab so I don't miss my flight and she'll submit a dispute report. After going back and forth with her, only repeating her spiel over and over, I hung up. I don't use this company occasionally, I use them EVERY SINGLE WEEK! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

UBER WILL BE ABLE TO PICK-UP AT LAX WITHIN THE NEXT SEVERAL WEEKS AND ONCE THEY DO, HOPEFULLY NO ONE WILL EVER USE A SHUTTLE COMPANY AGAIN, ESPECIALLY PRIME TIME/SHUTTLE2LAX!! Again, $20 isn't worth it! If Prime Time/Shuttle2LAX ever discontinues the $20 fare (which is what lures people to use them), they will go out of business!

Final note: Drivers should NOT be allowed to use their phones or devices while driving!!

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, USE PRIME TIME SHUTTLE OR IT'S SISTER COMPANY, SHUTTLE2LAX (they're the same company)!! Customer service is non-existent! And don't be fooled by the company's response to each bad review that they're sorry and will look into the complaint and/or refund your money ... THEY DON'T AND THEY WON'T!!

For 2 1/2 yrs, I've been commuting from Nor Cal to So Cal (Woodland Hills) for work. I found Shuttle2LAX via Google and because it's only $20 each way, I used them every Monday morning from LAX to my office and, again, Wednesday nights from Woodland Hills to LAX. Monday mornings were a nightmare! Reserved and paid for well in advance, I still waited between 30-60 min. After 2 yrs, I changed to Super Shuttle on Monday's, still using Shuttle2LAX/Prime Time on Wednesday's, again, because it's only $20. Every Wednesday, it's the same thing .. the time changes either (way) earlier than I need or later. I get it, it's a shared ride.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 15, 2015 WAS THE BREAKING POINT! AFTER BEING A LOYAL CUSTOMER FOR 2/12 YRS, FOR WHICH THEY CARE LESS, I'M DONE! I WOULDN'T USE THIS COMPANY IF IT WAS FREE! My pick-up time was 4:50 p.m. By 5:15, I hadn't received a call or text advising me that my vehicle was on-site. I called and after the usual 15 minute hold (it's usually longer), I was told, after the dispatcher spoke to the driver, that he waited at my pick-up location and after calling me with no answer, left after the "allotted 15 minute company policy time". HE NEVER CALLED OR TEXTED! I told her I've been doing this for 2 1/2 yrs, I know the drill. Her suggestion was to call a cab so I don't miss my flight and she'll submit a dispute report. After going back and forth with her, only repeating her spiel over and over, I hung up. I don't use this company occasionally, I use them EVERY SINGLE WEEK! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

UBER WILL BE ABLE TO PICK-UP AT LAX WITHIN THE NEXT SEVERAL WEEKS AND ONCE THEY DO, HOPEFULLY NO ONE WILL EVER USE A SHUTTLE COMPANY AGAIN, ESPECIALLY PRIME TIME/SHUTTLE2LAX!! Again, $20 isn't worth it! If Prime Time/Shuttle2LAX ever discontinues the $20 fare (which is what lures people to use them), they will go out of business!

Final note: Drivers should NOT be allowed to use their phones or devices while driving!!

Why would you use a company for two and a half years if they are this bad?

As I said before, I used them on one booking (they messed up on the pickup on both ends) and will never use them again for a reservation (the only exception would be if we are at an airport and don't mind having a shared vehicle that we pick up right then and there...but I doubt if we'll be doing this ever). It's the same with Alamo Rental car agency. We had a majorly bad experience on so many levels in March 2001, and they would have to be the only rental car in town if we need one. I don't see that happening either.

When you have competition, you might as well take the time to compare and use companies that haven't messed up with you in the past.

We are looking at the exact same itinerary as the OP in September.

I like the looks of the GrayLine shuttle to Anaheim, but haven't decided how we are going to get to the Queen Mary from Anaheim yet (or to LAX after the cruise)..

http://graylineanaheim.com/airport_info.cfm

Look at Super Shuttle or their subsidiary Execucar which has private car service.

Keith

I have had excellent service using Super Shuttle.

Some who have had one bad experience with shuttles years ago are very vocal in trying to dissuade others from using them, but the percentage of failures and/or problems with Super Shuttle or Prime Time are extremely low.

I have had excellent service using Super Shuttle.

Some who have had one bad experience with shuttles years ago are very vocal in trying to dissuade others from using them, but the percentage of failures and/or problems with Super Shuttle or Prime Time are extremely low.

But the one time you are relying on a shuttle, it doesn't matter if someone else hasn't had a problem. That was the case with us as we had a point-to-point pickup that they managed to mess up on the first day and the last day.

But the one time you are relying on a shuttle' date=' it doesn't matter if someone else hasn't had a problem. That was the case with us as we had a point-to-point pickup that they managed to mess up on the first day and the last day.[/quote']

Luckily, you were just going from your house to the port. It would have been worse for you if you were going to the airport. And your problem could happen with any shuttle company.