John Heald Announcement

molme

John is to make a statement from Jacksonville on Thurs concerning the Vista. Anyone know anything about this?

Is it possible that JAX is building a new terminal to accommodate the Vista? That would be great

There is NO WAY that the Vista come to Jax...firstly, they aren't going to build a new cruise terminal in Jax, that bridge is in the way for any larger ship to get under and there is no room anywhere else to build it on the other side of the bridge and secondly, the people that leave from Jax will not spend the money especially on a new ship no way, trust me! We rarely have a week long cruise out of Jax perhaps twice a year other than that they are only 4/5 night cruises, now that should tell you something.

What I do believe the news will be about is that the current ship here Fascination will be leaving in a couple of months and being replaced by the Elation.

John is to make a statement from Jacksonville on Thurs concerning the Vista. Anyone know anything about this?

Is it possible that JAX is building a new terminal to accommodate the Vista? That would be great

If the announcement isn't until until Thursday, then what makes you think that there is anyone who reads this site would know anything about what the announcement is before it happens? The Vista is going to be home ported in Miami when it comes to the U.S. That announcement has already been made and the Breeze is moving to Texas to make room for it. As far as what will be announced, we can only wait and see. Otherwise, we can sit here and read the or 5 pages of comments that pretend that they have an idea of what the announcement will be. Then when they are not even close they will complain that Carnival Management has no idea of how to operate in the cruise business.

What John Heald actually posted was "Jacksonville on Wednesday for a big press thing about your Carnival Vista". I question why Jacksonville for a big press thing about the Vista as there is no way the Vista can port there UNLESS they are building the port at a new location. Yes, there is a place it could be built but so far Jacksonville hasn't been on board on moving anything. We shall see. Wish he would announce exactly where and what time as there are a lot of us who would be there in person.

just like another said. i've read too many posts regarding issues with a ship leaving or returning to to the bridge and water too high. The Vista is way bigger than the other ships. There are sailing up through next year from Miami for the Vista because i've looked at them lol. not sure i want that big of a ship, but we'll see lol

Otherwise, we can sit here and read the or 5 pages of comments that pretend that they have an idea of what the announcement will be. Then when they are not even close they will complain that Carnival Management has no idea of how to operate in the cruise business.

Heald has been known to really hype announcements. It's likely to be announced that a company in Jacksonville will be installing the toilets on the Vista. How "exciting"!

Two very true, and very funny statements. Thanks for sharing!