Vista Havana Pool

mindymariexxo

Were considering the Vista or Horizon for our honeymoon in 2018 and after seeing pictures of the Havana area I was thinking it might be worth it to splurge on a Havana Cabana or Havana Aft Balcony since it's our honeymoon. It might be nice to have a more private, upscale place that we could hang out by the pool during the day.

Can anyone who has upgraded to the Havana area let me know what your experience was like? Was it super crowded or super empty during the day? Did you feel it was worth the extra money? Did they have music and entertainment like the regular pool?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

Were considering the Vista or Horizon for our honeymoon in 2018 and after seeing pictures of the Havana area I was thinking it might be worth it to splurge on a Havana Cabana or Havana Aft Balcony since it's our honeymoon. It might be nice to have a more private, upscale place that we could hang out by the pool during the day.

Can anyone who has upgraded to the Havana area let me know what your experience was like? Was it super crowded or super empty during the day? Did you feel it was worth the extra money? Did they have music and entertainment like the regular pool?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

We sailed on the Vista in Europe and someone in our party was in a Havana Cabana room and she said the pool was pretty empty, but that was in Europe. I am sure someone will reply, but if not we are in a Havana cabana room on April 8th.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got off the Vista last Sunday and had a Havana Cabana. It was wonderful. We spent everyday at the pool-very quiet. We never had an issue getting a chair or sun bed. One day we went to the main pool are to get some tacos and we couldn't get out of there fast enough. It was crazy busy and oh so loud . We were happy to head back to our quiet little corner of the world!

We like the hustle and bustle of the main pool and love the music and fun. I'm afraid we would spend the extra money (about $500 per person on the cruises were looking at) and would never bother to use it between being on the islands and being at the main pool...

That's always been my 1 complaint about cruising. I never seem to have enough time to enjoy everything I want to enjoy. 😂 but I guess having too many awesome things going on isn't a bad complaint to have!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I spent 2 weeks on Vista and am in the process of doing a review, see the link in my signature if you want to look at my pictures of the Havana area. We LOVED that area, and DH and I agree that if we sail on Vista or any ship with the Havana area again, we will book a Havana cabin! It was so quiet and not crowded at all! They did not have any music or entertainment in that area that I recall until the Latin band played in the Havana bar each evening. The pool never had more than 1 or 2 people in it, and loungers were always able to be found.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

I spent 2 weeks on Vista and am in the process of doing a review, see the link in my signature if you want to look at my pictures of the Havana area. We LOVED that area, and DH and I agree that if we sail on Vista or any ship with the Havana area again, we will book a Havana cabin! It was so quiet and not crowded at all! They did not have any music or entertainment in that area that I recall until the Latin band played in the Havana bar each evening. The pool never had more than 1 or 2 people in it, and loungers were always able to be found.

Oh that'd be so much fun for you guys!! Have you used the wedding forums on here at all? We're getting married on a ship this September (since we're paying for the wedding ourselves were doing the honeymoon on our first anniversary).

We like the hustle and bustle of the main pool and love the music and fun. I'm afraid we would spend the extra money (about $500 per person on the cruises were looking at) and would never bother to use it between being on the islands and being at the main pool...

That's always been my 1 complaint about cruising. I never seem to have enough time to enjoy everything I want to enjoy. 😂 but I guess having too many awesome things going on isn't a bad complaint to have!

On your honeymoon you will be doing less things on deck.:rolleyes:

just got off the vista yesterday and had a Havana interior room. the Havana pool area is incredible. it is a totally different cruise than if you don't have it. we would go to the pool everyday and there is plenty of room. there might have been 12 people tops at the pool and hot tub area on a sea day. there are some people around the sides on the loungers. the 2 hot tubs are huge. you can have your pick of any lounger or chair, or chair and table at any time of any day. it is not like the serenity area where you can't even get a chair to sit on. the attendants were pretty active and if you didn't have a wrist band they would tell you to leave and come back at 7pm. if you can get a room in the Havana area grab it. you will not be disappointed. i had room 5214 and it was very convenient. leave room walk around the corner and all the bars and restaurants were very close.

• 2 weeks later...
I see non-Havana stateroom guests have access to the Havana pool at night (7 pm). Does the area get crowded then? Thanks!

My husband and I were on the Vista in November.,We had a Havana aft wrap cabin and loved it. We were on deck 7 and after 7 it did crowded. There were some issues with teenagers getting in the hot tubs and staying there for quite some time. Some of the ships security were called to ask them to please allow other guests to use the tubs. During the day, very nice. Also, we were not disturbed by the music from the band in the evening. We have already booked a cruise along with my son on the new Horizon for October 2018. We booked the aft wrap again but had to book deck 6. My son is on deck 5 in a Havana inside cabin. We are so looking forward to this cruise.

We just got off Sunday as well and had a Havana Cabana. As far as the pool area goes.....very quiet, even in the hot Caribbean. Not many people out there, but we had four port days. Definitely NOT crowded ever. We too like the action at the other pools more, so we spent our pool time at the Tides Pool (I agree that the middle lido deck pool was a madhouse). Tides pool had fun music and wasn't quite as chaotic as the main pool, but not nearly as quiet at the Havana Pool. As far as the price difference.....the Cabana Lanai, the proximity to the Havana Lounge/Bar/Coffee, the views from the room were all totally worth it to us. We used the heck out of our lanai. We had friends that were not "Havana" so they could not use the facilities, but we had them on our lanai and they could get drinks at the bar without issue. So cool!

We just got off Sunday as well and had a Havana Cabana. As far as the pool area goes.....very quiet, even in the hot Caribbean. Not many people out there, but we had four port days. Definitely NOT crowded ever. We too like the action at the other pools more, so we spent our pool time at the Tides Pool (I agree that the middle lido deck pool was a madhouse). Tides pool had fun music and wasn't quite as chaotic as the main pool, but not nearly as quiet at the Havana Pool. As far as the price difference.....the Cabana Lanai, the proximity to the Havana Lounge/Bar/Coffee, the views from the room were all totally worth it to us. We used the heck out of our lanai. We had friends that were not "Havana" so they could not use the facilities, but we had them on our lanai and they could get drinks at the bar without issue. So cool!

Awesome. Thank you so much for your feedback! I hope you had a great trip!!

• 1 month later...
I'm getting married on the Vista in August.. I hope it stays mostly empty. My wedding party has 11 cabins booked in the Havana area. It would be great for us to be able to relax all together without a lot of other people.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

We are booked in a Havana cabana room on the August 20th sailing.

We are booked in a Havana cabana room on the August 20th sailing.

Awesome!!! More Jersey People to party with

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Make up your mind.....do you want to party with more people or do you want the Havana area to be your own private section for the 22 members of your wedding party?

I think it's cool to find Jersey People. No matter what the Vista pool area will not be crazy crowded.. at least from the reviews I've read so far.
The Vista pool area will be just as crowded and jammed as it is on any other Carnival ship. The exclusive Havana pool area though will have elbow room which has been reported on the boards.

We will be sailing with you on the Magic in February, 2018 - there will be about 20 of us I think!

Looking forward to your review of the Vista!

I was in 6467 on the Vista last week and felt the noise of the live music below in the Havana Bar was SUPER loud and ran until around 1am. It didn't truly bother us, but I think for some people it may bother them. Also, the balconies are not private at all. Everyone can look down and into the balconies at any time. I loved the Havana pool area, but would not book an extended aft balcony again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice so far! I appreciate the input!

We had a Havana Cabana Suite (5233) during the 2/25 sailing. The pool was never really crowded but many chairs were taken. I think you could pretty much get a chair though whenever you wanted during the day. The port days were the best! We had the area pretty much to ourselves and the clamshells are comfy.

The only issue for me was the water was too cold to get in, although it didn't stop most people. Would I book this area again? Definitely. We like the quiet. The main pool is just sooo loud. That is why cruises are great. There is something for everyone. Let me know if you have any other questions.